HBO's "Game of Thrones"

yeah, so we're ok w/what happened, just not how....seems to be one of the more common critiques...
I guess so...I wish Martin had left out a lot of the Mother Theresa/Breaker of Chains aspect of Daenerys in his books if he was going to turn her into a absolute monster. It would have made better sense to me. I hate the pure character assassination they did to her...although I am glad for the small mercy of establishing her detachment from her destruction of KL in that one line from Jon. I have to think that the compassionate lover of oppressed people side of Dany would have been horrified to actually see what she had done.

Last edited:
One of the articles I read suggested he is so duty bound he felt it was his duty to stop Dany but realizes it makes him a traitor. His move beyond the Wall is his way of exiling himself to deal with his conscious. In his mind he's not welcome in the "realm" because of his crime.
I think in my mind he resents the world he just saved for making him do the things he has had to do to save it and said "Piss on all y'all, I don't owe anybody in this whole f'n stinkin treacherous, backbiting, squabbling world a damn thing. You can all take your stupid judgements, and your stupid vows and shove em up your arses..me and Tormund gonna go rape some polar bears and ice fish for a while..where's my beer?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Rishvol
I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been more discussion on all the political commentary from last night's episode. There's quite a bit there. Off the top of my head:

- Dany's moment with the throne in a decimated castle
- the blindness/distancing of leaders from the atrocities of wars
- mocking the idea of a democracy
- the bumbling ineptitude of government embodied by the meeting of Bran's advisers

I guess yes...I wish Martin had left out a lot of the Mother Theresa/Breaker of Chains aspect of Daenerys in his books if he was going to turn her into a absolute monster. It would have made better sense to me. I hate the pure character assassination they did to her...although I am glad for the small mercy of establishing her detachment from her destruction of KL in that one line from Jon. I have to think that the compassionate lover of oppressed people side of Dany would have been horrified to actually see what she had done.
it was easier to watch Ani fall from grace, knowing how turned out. had that story started at episode one, seeing ani go back and kill the younlings..................would have been the same. in fact as Dany was sitting on that dragon and her look of disgust appeared on her face, reminded me of the scenese where Ani was at his moment of truth as well. you're at the point ti could go either way....based on what happens.....literally......next.

it's all perspective. if you leave out the mother/breaker angle, then who is she as a character and how do you ever get emotionally involved????? that was the point....and htough you don't like the outcome, i would say Martin would say "mission accomplished" at yours (and others) reactions to all this.

and that is the mantra ofa good story. people cared. a little too much for some imo, but even at my level of care, i care enough to continue talking about it.....

it's a great story.

Now that it's over and done...these to me feel like the only characters that got any real justice in their stories.

Sansa
Theon
Jon (did I like the ending of his arc? not sooo much, but the underlining thing with Jon was/is his sense of responsibility to duty and honor both times it lead to him losing love yet he still felt the drive to do what was best for all and not himself)

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
31fwdz.jpg

As I've stated before, it's pretty obvious the show fell off the rails once they ran out of real material from GRRM (not just a general summary of how things end). I don't think there was any way the latter end of the show could ever live up to the begging/middle..but they certainly could have done better than they did. I think the major thing that could have saved the last season and a half would have been to not rush the ending. Truthfully, with the amount of development in these last 6 episodes, I'm not even sure one full length season would have done the plot justice. I think it needed at least one full, standard season 8 and maybe a 6 episode season 9 (probably would be best with a full season 9) to end it. As of now it just feels forced, it needed a longer time to play out and feel organic. It needed a longer time to address certain plot points that either went unaddressed completely or ended rather hollow.

Still better than 99% of tv but hard not to be disappointed at the end.

Reactions: JCP201
One final note.. i literally laughed out loud when Drogon melted the iron throne. I mean.. what.
i laughed at sevearl parts....when sansa told tully to sit down.....when drogon melted the thrown and when tyrian told Jon he's going back to the nights watch.....

Now that it's over and done...these to me feel like the only characters that got any real justice in their stories.

Sansa
Theon
Jon (did I like the ending of his arc? not sooo much, but the underlining thing with Jon was/is his sense of responsibility to duty and honor both times it lead to him losing love yet he still felt the drive to do what was best for all and not himself)
i'd throw Arya in there as far as getting justice. she didn't get to do everyone on the list, but everyone on the list got got.

and ultimately didn't Ned get his too? i mean, son ruler in KL, daughter queen of the north...other daughter doing what she does and his bastard is back up north to be king beyond the wall, whehter he likes it or not.....?

all things considered, i'd say the stark family got justice....so did sam tarley...the gal that offed his family got hers, thanks to his good friend............even if he wasn't all that broken up about dear old dad.

Who was the dornish prince at the dragon pit? Looked like Doran but he and Trystane are dead. Quentyn was not a show character.
Wiki’d the episode because I couldn’t believe that was actually the same actor who’s been playing Robyn Arryn (it was). It was just listed as “unnamed Dornish prince.”

This was monumentally stupid. Bran....Really....Why? Why would anyone allow the Aspergers cripple to be king? Why would the North demand independence from its rightful heir and son of Ned a Stark.

Why was anyone listening to Tyrion? He was a prisoner? Grey Worm should have put his fist through his face.

If everyone believed Dany needed to die and Jon thought it was worth it why didn’t they just accept his punishment.

Why bring Edmure back just to crap on him? That was lame.

Why are the Starks the only people allowed to speak at the “Great Council” meeting. Only one of them can have any power. Edmure in that situation has power Sansa and Arya have none.

I wish the depleted army of the Westerosi Alaska had attacked the most elite fighting force in the world.

Why are the other 6 kingdoms accepting a king that his own people are abandoning. Why wouldn’t Dorne or the Iron Islands immediately declare their own independence. They are the 2 kingdoms way moreso than the North that want to be free of King’s Landing. They have no reason to stay.

Bronn being made Lord Paramount of the Reach is just stupifying. With a seat on the small council as master of coin.

What annoys me is other than the Vale the other houses at the council didn't do jack **** to help out during EITHER war.
Wouldn’t have been a North to participate in either war without them. And I thought that commander/baby sitter was at Winterfell?

I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been more discussion on all the political commentary from last night's episode. There's quite a bit there. Off the top of my head:

- Dany's moment with the throne in a decimated castle
- the blindness/distancing of leaders from the atrocities of wars
- mocking the idea of a democracy
- the bumbling ineptitude of government embodied by the meeting of Bran's advisers
The bickering scene between Bran's advisors was completely ruined for me because they were speaking in the third person. Hated that part.

Also, Bronn was Master of Coin, which made absolutely no sense.

i'd throw Arya in there as far as getting justice. she didn't get to do everyone on the list, but everyone on the list got got.

and ultimately didn't Ned get his too? i mean, son ruler in KL, daughter queen of the north...other daughter doing what she does and his NEPHEW is back up north to be king beyond the wall, whehter he likes it or not.....?

all things considered, i'd say the stark family got justice....so did sam tarley...the gal that offed his family got hers, thanks to his good friend............even if he wasn't all that broken up about dear old dad.
Fify

VN Store

Back