HBO's "Game of Thrones"

giphy.gif
giphy.webp

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
The ending was hyped as something "bittersweet" but it was just plain sugary sweet.

It's Miller Time for Jon and Tormund on the lake... I'm sure some hot and horny wildling chicks are waiting.

Arya gets to sail the world like a teenage heiress with the world at her feet. Why not put her in a jacuzzi with a margarita in hand to complete the picture?

Meanwhile, Sansa is queen of an independent north (damn, that was settled fast) and Bran is king of the rest.

I didn't think Game of Thrones would turn into Star Wars but it did... they might as well posed for a group photo with medals. All the "good guys" in the end got what they wanted... and they solved the problem of Dany by making her one of the bad guys (just before killing her). Isn't that neat?

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfaninfl2
The further I get away from it, the more unsatisfied I feel. Things could have been so much better, more fleshed out, and made more sense. I don't hate it, but I'm sad it didn't live up to what it could have and should have been if they hadn't rushed the storytelling. Still don't think Bran should be king, but the biggest weakness of all is the lack of actual story.

Garbage ending to a garbage season. Good luck star wars fans.
Benioff and Weiss might be a perfect fit in that universe. Didn't this last season have the same look and feel of the Star Wars prequels? Over-emphasis on CGI, inconsistent character arcs (especially Jamie), bland dialogue and a nice and tidy ending that looked like it was scripted by someone who was in a hurry to finish, so they could move on to other things. I can't remember such a good show landing with such a thud before.

The thing I most hate about it being rushed is I didn't even care about cool things like Hound vs. Mountain. Too much was going on. That should be the climax of a big episode, not an afterthought in an episode jam packed with chaos. The last three episodes had enough happenings to fill a whole season.

VN Store

Back