HBO's "Game of Thrones"

He gave them the plot points for this season and had said he "approved" how they wrapped it up.

That's my point. The basics of the ending was still GRRM. It was rushed and missing the nuance that more episodes could have added but I highly doubt DD just started freelancing and changed the planned trajectory of the story.

I thought almost every thing past Jon killing Dany was filler or not even close to being developed properly.

Reactions: jakez4ut
That's my point. The basics of the ending was still GRRM. It was rushed and missing the nuance that more episodes could have added but I highly doubt DD just started freelancing and changed the planned trajectory of the story.

I thought almost every thing past Jon killing Dany was filler or not even close to being developed properly.
There was a lot there, content wise, you could definitely argue should have received more air time to build or explain... Agreed

After mulling it over, I think that ending didn't necessarily disappoint, but it did leave me feeling unsatisfied.
When asked about the ending in one word, Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) said “Disappointing”. Sure he wished Jon would fill Dany with babies...some deformed, most merely mentally unstable with odd, random bald patches.

Final shot on rewatch: how’d the Wall get rebuilt at the gate for Jon and Tormund and company to go through? I know that the whole thing wasn’t melted, but was the main gate somehow spared?

So, how's the Iron Bank getting paid back?

When the new council were discussing rebuilding the navy and installing a freshwater system (and Bronn was politicking for new brothels), financing came up. They’ll do business. Besides they got paid for a very short Gold Company rental.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Final shot on rewatch: how’d the Wall get rebuilt at the gate for Jon and Tormund and company to go through? I know that the whole thing wasn’t melted, but was the main gate somehow spared?

Visarys crumbled the wall itself...they just removed rubble.

They (WW) didn't come through Castle Black. Looks to be closer to East Watch where the big hole is.

When the new council were discussing rebuilding the navy and installing a freshwater system (and Bronn was politicking for new brothels), financing came up. They’ll do business. Besides they got paid for a very short Gold Company rental.
Bidness always wins. Quietly in the background, or not so quietly, bidness does its thing and wins. It’s just magic...

Reactions: butchna
Well....this season was a huge let down. JS doesn't sit on the iron throne or defeat the NK.....why was he brought back to life again?
Battle of the Bastards...convincing Dany to help fight the White Walkers. Ramsey Bolton and the Night King don’t get gitted without his Lazarus act.

I think (Not 100% sure) that the part of the wall that came down wasn't anywhere near Castle Black. I think it was near the castle by the sea, forget what its called.

Haven’t seen this addressed. We know where Grey Worm and the Unsullied scurried off to...which poor, disposable sap told the Dothraki to GTFO?
All that damn salty water!

— I will say that there were a lot of dangling mini-plotlines in E8 that hinted at a sequel which apparently won’t happen.

Reactions: butchna
Don’t know...perfect choice. Unbound by personal ambition or family obligations. He himself his own intelligence network. And the system for his eventual successor set for the generations afterward. Subtly clever for them laughing at Samwell’s hint at democracy and Sansa clowning Uncle Edmure doing his own Brady Hoke impersonation. 😏
That was by far the best part of the episode. Sam tries to invent Democracy and everyone is just like "Shut up, idiot" lol

You had low expectations then.. must be a fan of CW shows.
I think we just hit level alert yellow.

butthurt_level_advisory_system_by_l33tn3rdz-d5whpz6.jpg

VN Store

Back