Haynesworth calling for boycott...

Reactions: Rickyvol77
If I’m making this argument, I’m not hitching my wagon to Tee. He’s had his best success as a position coach, but his stints as a coordinator have been meh at best. So based on merit, he didn’t deserve an interview. Period. I’m not suggesting Haynesworth’s concern is wrong - but Tee is not the hill to stand on.

So issues cannot be brought up unless they are properly introduced by the proper person? I don’t live in that world. I made a valid point. It doesn’t change because I’m addressing it in an AH thread.
I think what he's saying is the issue shouldn't be brought up when your "jumping off point" is so baseless. I'm all for having a conversation about racism but only when it involves legitimate cases of concern, not when it involves baseless accusations such as what AH spewed. And not in some nebulous way without legitimate examples. Just suggesting that sweeping systemic racism in college football is out there in the ether and we must immediately go along with that just because someone says so isn't enough to make me sit up and take notice.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbh
the legendary Maurice Fitzgerald taught me hero’s die so believe in yourself because you’re the master of your fate.
Coach Fitz is a man of the highest order. I own a small business downtown & Coach has been a client of My Grandfather,Father and now myself for over 30 years. We have always had our Orange displayed prominently around the office. When John Henderson won The Outland CoAch Fitz brought my dad back a program from the ceremony signed by Big John. Coach Fitz was largely responsible for saving last years Metro football season by standing up against the draconian & hypocritical measures of The Mayor.

Last edited:
Reactions: BreatheUT
We rolled out the carpet for Franklin, he said no and then Elliott turned us down. He went to those 2 before entertaining the idea of JH

And it's certainly their prerogative to say no. However it doesn't exactly help the narrative of "there aren't enough black head coaches in college football due to systemic racism" when those opportunities are rejected when they DO come. If the issue is as serious as some claim, you'd think these coaches wouldn't be so picky.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
When are we as a society going to get fed up enough with people who FALSELY ACCUSE others of racism, sexism etc etc, with immunity? IMO, it's time that people like this be held accountable by either supplying actual proof OR being punished.

Reactions: BIGORANGEBUBBA
We rolled out the carpet for Franklin, he said no and then Elliott turned us down. He went to those 2 before entertaining the idea of JH
Previous searches we went after Charlie Strong, did we not? He turned us down iirc.
This whole notion that we didn’t give Tee a chance because if his skin color is absurd. Tee isn’t HC material, period. He’s not even OC material. If he was, he would be HC somewhere.

Is it because UT hired Mr. White as the AD ?

You mean this guy? :)

4f95847442402fbc1b1ccaa64b7c398e--reservoir-dogs-special-people.jpg

Bottom line is that Tee hasn't done anything in his career to warrant serious consideration for an SEC head coaching job, even here at his alma mater. That won't sit well with some, but it's just the truth.

To be fair its alot of white coaches that hasn't done much in there careers and get coaching jobs all the time. I ain't trying to stir up nothing but its facts. How many black head coaches at P5 schools? No reason why a guy like Tony Elliot don't have a head coaching job.

VN Store

Back