Have To Pull For Bammers vs Gators??

Originally posted by NCGatorBait@Sep 25, 2005 7:05 PM
21 of those were on third stringers...that game was over at halftime bro...they managed 68 yds and 3 first downs against the starters.  So does that mean UK's Offense is 4 times better than UT's?? NO way.
[snapback]150035[/snapback]​

NC, do you really think UT's performance against the Gators is indicative of how they COULD and SHOULD have played? I'm not trying to start anything and you know I luv ya, but if we played again next week, who do you think would win?

I say UT.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Sep 25, 2005 8:09 PM
NC, do you really think UT's performance against the Gators is indicative of how they COULD and SHOULD have played? I'm not trying to start anything and you know I luv ya, but if we played again next week, who do you think would win?

I say UT.
[snapback]150037[/snapback]​

I'd say they'd prolly split 10 games right down the middle. It's pretty close in all areas...just depends on how they perform and what kind of adjustments the coaches make.

Originally posted by NCGatorBait@Sep 25, 2005 7:05 PM
21 of those were on third stringers...that game was over at halftime bro...they managed 68 yds and 3 first downs against the starters.  So does that mean UK's Offense is 4 times better than UT's?? NO way.
[snapback]150035[/snapback]​

Lets remember that a) 49 points were scored on probably the worst defense in the SEC (not to mention the nation) and B) 49 points were the UF HT total and the final total.

Gimme a good defensive team and a average offensive team and I'll beat the UF gators. UT exposed the offense. Their defense has always been suspect and with the loss of your DLman (I forget his name), they are even more suspect.

You can say what you want about UTs offense NOT being able to do anything on UFs defense and I'll probably agree with you. But if you think UFs defense did it to UT, then keep believing that. We'll see after the Gators lose their 3rd game.

Originally posted by volbrian@Sep 25, 2005 7:16 PM

Gimme a good defensive team and a average offensive team and I'll beat the UF gators.
[snapback]150043[/snapback]​

Didnt UT have their chance?

Originally posted by GOT TWELVE?@Sep 25, 2005 7:19 PM
Didnt UT have their chance?
[snapback]150045[/snapback]​

No, I said an AVERAGE offensive team. That excludes Tennessee.

Originally posted by volbrian@Sep 25, 2005 6:53 PM
They didnt impress me against UT nor UK.  If thier Offense is on, their defense isnt (or vice versa).
[snapback]150015[/snapback]​

Dude, were you watching the first half of the Kentucky game? They could have hung a hundred on UK. By the start of the 3rd quarter, they were lining up majorettes, waterboys, the tee-fetcher, Radio and this guy: :crazy: . Now granted, UK is not a good football team, and was missing like 11 (?) starters with injuries (did you hear that FOUR guys had surgery this week, alone!!!). But UF was dominant.

Were I a Gator, I'd still be concerned about a lack of "flow" on offense. At times, Meyer's O seems a bit discombobulated, and they haven't even gone on the road to a tough SEC opponent's house yet. Too many penalties: illegal motion/shifts, substitution problems. . . . . there are still a lot of kinks. I would really want to see those ironed out before travelling to Bama, Baton Rouge, and the Cocktail party. To me, there are your three "possible" SEC losses.

Gimme a good defensive team and a average offensive team and I'll beat the UF gators

Well congrats...you would have done more than your own coach..maybe you should coach the team? :lol:

49 points were the UF HT total and the final total

So a team that had just scored on 7 straight TD drives couldn't have scored in the second half? Trying to find your logic here? :lol:

But if you think UFs defense did it to UT, then keep believing that

Well who was sacking your QB's and getting pressure on him to disrupt the passing game? Who was tackling your RB's? Who shut UT down??

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Sep 25, 2005 7:24 PM
Dude, were you watching the first half of the Kentucky game?  They could have hung a hundred on UK.  By the start of the 3rd quarter, they were lining up majorettes, waterboys, the tee-fetcher, Radio and this guy:  :crazy: .  Now granted, UK is not a good football team, and was missing like 11 (?) starters with injuries (did you hear that FOUR guys had surgery this week, alone!!!).  But UF was dominant. 

Were I a Gator, I'd still be concerned about a lack of "flow" on offense.  At times, Meyer's O seems a bit discombobulated, and they haven't even gone on the road to a tough SEC opponent's house yet.  Too many penalties:  illegal motion/shifts, substitution problems. . . . . there are still a lot of kinks.  I would really want to see those ironed out before travelling to Bama, Baton Rouge, and the Cocktail party.  To me, there are your three "possible" SEC losses.
[snapback]150053[/snapback]​

Exactly my point. The same way I didnt get awed over their LA TECH and WYOMING wins, Im not awed by their UK win. Tennessee, as sorry as they were on 9/17, were NOT blown out by UF. The same reason I said UM wouldnt work in the SEC remains my reasoning for saying UF will lose 3 regular season games.

Originally posted by volbrian@Sep 25, 2005 8:32 PM
The same reason I said UM wouldnt work in the SEC remains my reasoning for saying UF will lose 3 regular season games.
[snapback]150060[/snapback]​

UF still plays 3 more top 7 teams..not to mention Bama at 15 so it is possible...but I like what I saw in Meyer for that UT game...he beat the best coach in the league at his own game...that is a sign of a great coach. :devilsmoke:

Originally posted by NCGatorBait@Sep 25, 2005 7:25 PM
Well congrats...you would have done more than your own coach..maybe you should coach the team? :lol:
So a team that had just scored on 7 straight TD drives couldn't have scored in the second half? Trying to find your logic here? :lol:
Well who was sacking your QB's and getting pressure on him to disrupt the passing game? Who was tackling your RB's? Who shut UT down??
[snapback]150054[/snapback]​

First, Id like to have been calling the offensive plays. I sure would have. AFter Riggs peeled off 2 consecutive runs of 8 and then 15 yards, I would have stayed that course until UF stops me. RS, CPF or somebody didnt see it that way.

Evidently. They didnt score in the 2nd half. Did they?

If you want UF to take credit for UTs offensive passing woes, then go ahead. But as I say, we'll see if you say that after the gators 3rd loss of 2005.

Originally posted by NCGatorBait@Sep 25, 2005 7:35 PM
UF still plays 3 more top 7 teams..not to mention Bama at 15 so it is possible...but I like what I saw in Meyer for that UT game...he beat the best coach in the league at his own game...that is a sign of a great coach. :devilsmoke:
[snapback]150062[/snapback]​

OK. See ya when UF loses their 3rd game, probably against FSU (if not sooner)

Originally posted by GOT TWELVE?@Sep 25, 2005 7:26 PM
I smell sour grapes.
[snapback]150056[/snapback]​

Hows that Memphis recruiting going nowadays? Betcha arent haulin them in like ya used to huh? We can thank Phil Fulmer for that.

Now, do you wanna discuss the 5 years of sour grapes coming from the trailer parks in bama now?

Originally posted by volbrian@Sep 25, 2005 8:36 PM
I would have stayed that course until UF stops me.  RS, CPF or somebody didnt see it that way.
[snapback]150063[/snapback]​

Actually they did run til UF made an adjustment..dropped another man in the box and stopped it...then he couldn't get anything in his passing game...gotta be balanced.

anyone or anything from a Alabama Crimson tide squad to a flu virus that gets the best of the Florida Gators is my friend. Rolllllllllllllllll Tideeeeeeeeeeeee!

Originally posted by NCGatorBait@Sep 25, 2005 7:44 PM
Actually they did run til UF made an adjustment..dropped another man in the box and stopped it...then he couldn't get anything in his passing game...gotta be balanced.

[snapback]150069[/snapback]​

WRONG! Look at UTs second drive of the game. Tell me why, after 23 yards on 2 carries, RS, CPF or somebody called off the runs and passed into a 4th and 11.

Originally posted by volbrian@Sep 25, 2005 7:42 PM
Hows that Memphis recruiting going nowadays?  Betcha arent haulin them in like ya used to huh?  We can thank Phil Fulmer for that. 

Now, do you wanna discuss the 5 years of sour grapes coming from the trailer parks in bama now?
[snapback]150067[/snapback]​

Hows having the most overrated team in the nation feel? Not to mention i saw at Wal-Mart they are selling Fulmer Christmas trees. They are 6 ft tall by 5ft wide and dont come with any ballls. Good luck in Death Valley tomm night. :thefinger:

Originally posted by volbrian@Sep 25, 2005 8:46 PM
WRONG!  Look at UTs second drive of the game.  Tell me why, after 23 yards on 2 carries, RS, CPF or somebody called off the runs and passed into a 4th and 11.
[snapback]150072[/snapback]​

Just rewatched the second drive on the DVR..and as I said after those two runs...claussen tried a pass to the left side that was like 10 yds short...then they went back with Riggs...UF had 8 in the box and forced him laterally to the sideline...then on third down claussen threw a pass out in the flat...then punt. UF made the adjustment!

Originally posted by GOT TWELVE?@Sep 25, 2005 7:51 PM
Hows having the most overrated team in the nation feel? Not to mention i saw at Wal-Mart they are selling Fulmer Christmas trees. They are 6 ft tall by 5ft wide and dont come with any ballls. Good luck in Death Valley tomm night. :thefinger:
[snapback]150075[/snapback]​

It doesnt feel good to be honest. But speaking of honest, at least we are overrated HONESTLY and not by paying players to come here.

Speak to me about how OVERRATED we are after we get back from Tuscaloosa.

Originally posted by volbrian@Sep 25, 2005 7:56 PM
It doesnt feel good to be honest.  But speaking of honest, at least we are overrated  HONESTLY and not by paying players to come here. 

Speak to me about how OVERRATED we are after we get back from Tuscaloosa.
[snapback]150077[/snapback]​

Keep those orange glasses on man. I guess Travis Henry doesnt use drugs either huh?

Originally posted by NCGatorBait@Sep 25, 2005 7:54 PM
Just rewatched the second drive on the DVR..and as I said after those two runs...claussen tried a pass to the left side that was like 10 yds short...then they went back with Riggs...UF had 8 in the box and forced him laterally to the sideline...then on third down claussen threw a pass out in the flat...then punt. UF made the adjustment!
[snapback]150076[/snapback]​

As I said, if you wanna believe that UF forced RC to throw the ball short and that the playcalling of UT was less than spectacular, go ahead. Be my guest.

But as I have said, I will see you when UF loses their 3rd game in 2005.

Originally posted by GOT TWELVE?@Sep 25, 2005 7:58 PM
Keep those orange glasses on man. I guess Travis Henry doesnt use drugs either huh?
[snapback]150078[/snapback]​

Evidently he does. But what does that have to do with bama being the cheatingest team, this side of SMU? I guess we know now just how bama won those 67 MNCs.

VN Store

Back