Have any incoming Asst. coaches been named?

Apparently Chavis is being interviewed for DC job. Hell yes.
If you want to play prevent defense when you have the lead in the 4th qtr only to eventually lose the game knock yourself out. I for one think the idea is just talk and if we do hire him, we may as well bring Phil back. We’re trying to forward not backwards.

If you want to play prevent defense when you have the lead in the 4th qtr only to eventually lose the game knock yourself out. I for one think the idea is just talk and if we do hire him, we may as well bring Phil back. We’re trying to forward not backwards.
Chavis had good defenses at UT when we had elite players on defense. We don’t have elite players on that side of the ball. We need a DC that can do more with less.

Reactions: norriscraftbasser
We better not revisit the "3rd & Chavis" defense again. Not much more frustrating then that fluster cuck.

If you notice they have removed everyone else except Tee, Osovet, and Steele. This is under athletic staff and not football roster. This was as of 1838 EST Friday. Sounds like a decision has not been made on these three yet.
61A7187E-74F5-4B0C-8E8E-AE366CF04235.png

If Steele turns down the job then why would we owe him his buyout?

I think he has 450,000 for 2 years, 900,000 guaranteed, whether he quits, is let go, or stays. If that is true, it's his call, nothing we can do.
Now, if CJH wants to keep him, he can offer him more money and clarify his title ...

I think he has 450,000 for 2 years, 900,000 guaranteed, whether he quits, is let go, or stays. If that is true, it's his call, nothing we can do.
Now, if CJH wants to keep him, he can offer him more money and clarify his title ...
Naaaaah I don't buy that. Nobody would offer a contract that would pay YOU if YOU quit. Even UT isn't that stupid.

According to reports, these are supposed to be following him from UCF. Not sure if their roles will be the same here. And they have not officially been announced. Osovet, Steele, and Tee are possible carry overs. Again, nothing official yet.

Glenn Elarbee OL
Alex Golesh TE
Kodi Burns WR
Joey Haxlze QB
Matt Merritt RB.
If Burns is hired there’s nothing for Tee.

So then.... why not let Steele quit? Maybe that way we don't have to pay him.
Because his contract says if we don’t offer him an on the field position, we owe him $900k.

It’s probable that there is a little game of chicken happening. Hell, maybe they work it out, but I suspect that would have happened already if that were the case.

VN Store

Back