Hatchet buried. Advice welcome.

Blueconn

Lifelong Husky here. As in : UConn’s first women’s coach, Sandra Hamm, was a friend in Vermont. And I can still spell Bialosuknia…the Poughkeepsie Popper.

But I’m now officially old…and I no longer like the word “hate”. Actually like the word ”friend” a lot better.
And this old New England boy has never been to Knoxville. Or even the state of Tennessee.

And it’s just one long drive from my home in Kansas City, MO. So….I plan to attend this season’s game.

Advice ?

Lifelong Husky here. As in : UConn’s first women’s coach, Sandra Hamm, was a friend in Vermont. And I can still spell Bialosuknia…the Poughkeepsie Popper.

But I’m now officially old…and I no longer like the word “hate”. Actually like the word ”friend” a lot better.
And this old New England boy has never been to Knoxville. Or even the state of Tennessee.

And it’s just one long drive from my home in Kansas City, MO. So….I plan to attend this season’s game.

Advice ?
Wear Orange.

Enjoy your trip. Be sure to make time to drive into the mountains. Eat at Chesapeake's. Stay at The Oliver. Take in the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.
Buy a Tennessee baseball hat !!! God bless you friend!
I usually favor a good coffee mug. Orange, LV greatness and a steaming hot brew watching more history get made. You’re coming back to the front and we know it will eventually end. But, as Gus said to Woodrow, “It’s been quite a party, ain’t it ?”.

Enjoy your trip. Be sure to make time to drive into the mountains. Eat at Chesapeake's. Stay at The Oliver. Take in the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.
What mountains ? How far from TBA ? How high ? I am a Vermonter by way of the Litchfield Hills in nw CT…and am stuck in the Land of Burt Umber, aka KCMO, and I miss mountains, trees, and lots of streams, ponds, and lakes. Especially in winter.

What mountains ? How far from TBA ? How high ? I am a Vermonter by way of the Litchfield Hills in nw CT…and am stuck in the Land of Burt Umber, aka KCMO, and I miss mountains, trees, and lots of streams, ponds, and lakes. Especially in winter.

If you're coming from KC, you'll likely drive to Lexington on 70 and 64 before you turn south to Knoxville. You'll see hills and mountains along that drive through southeastern Kentucky and northeastern Tennessee. But The Great Smokey Mountains are an hour south of TBS. They are very similar to the mountains in Vermont in height and looks. You'll feel at home on Rocky Top!

I will add a some items
- Or course, tour the UT campus. Go to The Hill and take notice of checkerboard on Ayres Hall. If open, walk up to highest floor available for a view where even the smell is of an old college building that brings back memories of flunking freshman calculus, but acing Happy Hour 101 ("commenting for a friend").
- While Feb isn't the optimal time (that is Spring), take a drive thru the Sequoyah Hills area of Knoxville. It's just west of the campus along the Tennessee River Sequoyah Hills - Wikipedia
- Check out: East Tennessee's Own WDVX — Blue Plate Special and the schedules at The Tennessee Theatre and The Bijou
- Brewery town... big time... from the many in town to north up I-75's Clinch River Brewery near Norris Dam

And, for a repeat performance, Fall 2023. Rumor has it we play 11 on 11... if conference realignment doesn't get in the way.
Tell Geno not to come*, unless he thinks he looks good in yellow. "Stay in your Lane, Bro", as if you think this bunch takes the LV's serious, that pointy shaped ball gets us riled up really good. Neyland Stadium Tours | Neyland Stadium | Knoxville, Tennessee to see the checkerboard end zones inspired by Ayres Hall.

* my guess is he'll show up on your sidelines and it will be a fine moment to hear 100,000 Southern football crazies give a Bronx Cheer. We usually reserve such for the likes of bama, but we have been known to make worthy exceptions. IMO, he is worthy and qualifies. It would put him in good company, e.g., Spurrier, Kiffin, a particular species of "Bear", any Notre Dame team, etc, etc. Yup, sometimes we get a bit out of hand, but Passion Plays Here.

get with me when you get here,,,I live in Pigeon Forge and know "these hills",,,less than 30 minutes from the smoky mtn national park and 20 minutes from the foothills parkway and dollywood

Much more impressive than the Litchfield Hills. Lived in Warren for a long time, before it became a place for NYC/Westchester types.

Here is one Vol fan that can’t stomach Geno or anyone wearing Blue. Geno has always been a piece of work and I will never forget the hateful things he has uttered the Lady Vols way.

Enjoy your trip through God’s country. You will be treated with respect while you are here. That’s more than Geno gave to Pat or anyone associated with the people in orange.

Here is one Vol fan that can’t stomach Geno or anyone wearing Blue. Geno has always been a piece of work and I will never forget the hateful things he has uttered the Lady Vols way.

Enjoy your trip through God’s country. You will be treated with respect while you are here. That’s more than Geno gave to Pat or anyone associated with the people in orange.
Good luck with the stomach thing. Had nausea after chemo and it had nothing to do Pat. Across my landscape she’s revered and more than a few of us are sorry for what happened. I’m from Vermont, I do what I want.

M
get with me when you get here,,,I live in Pigeon Forge and know "these hills",,,less than 30 minutes from the smoky mtn national park and 20 minutes from the foothills parkway and dollywood
Me ? And you ? The Coach Jumper ? In a place that’s really called Pigeon Forge ? Where would it end up ? I’m a lifetime hoop guy as well as all Storrs. You might regret it and push me on a steep crevasse !

M

Me ? And you ? The Coach Jumper ? In a place that’s really called Pigeon Forge ? Where would it end up ? I’m a lifetime hoop guy as well as all Storrs. You might regret it and push me on a steep crevasse !

Once two strangers climbed on Rocky Top, lookin for a moonshine still
Them strangers aint come down from Rocky Top, reckon they never will.

I'm prejudiced but when you come take different routes from Nashville to Knoxville. One route is to stay on 40 from Nashville to Knoxville. Returning you may take I-75 to Chattanooga and spend a day or 2 and then take I-24 to Nashville.

M

keep your friends close and your enemies closer ;o)
No grudge here
Geno and my personalities are so alike I hate to admit it.
My girls respect, hate and love me,,,all at the same time,,,just like him.

You make it toPigeon forge and I can help you with contacts and discounts

Once two strangers climbed on Rocky Top, lookin for a moonshine still
Them strangers aint come down from Rocky Top, reckon they never will.
beverly-hillbillies-wink.gif

Advice ?

Yeah, If you are as old as you profess to be,,, be sure to pre locate all the rest areas!! That along with most truck stop should have you covered!!!;)

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back