I think someone else has already posted this but it says it all to me

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: 2 people
strength-and-light.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
I'm so sorry to hear this; I enjoyed watching Pat coach for the last 30 years of her career. My most vivid memory was of a game where you guys played us in Columbia in the early 2000's and Pat was upset at Michelle Snow. Pat stomped her heel and the entire arena heard her yell, "Snow"! Michelle had a dunk shortly after that.

Will be a sad day in Big Orange Country. Through the dreadful basketball years of the men's program and the multiple coaches of the football program, Coach Summitt was the stabilizing force on Rocky Top for many years. Wishing her family the best and all of you who have expressed similar trials in your own families. Stay Strong.

Pat's journey through this life has been amazing - from the experiences she has had to the influence she has had on the world around her. I pray however many days she has left are peaceful and painless; and I pray that God comforts her loved ones during this difficult time. We Back Pat.

Reactions: 4 people
More than a few tears have been shed since I first opened this thread last night. Coach Summitt, thank you for all that you have done, not just for UT or women's sports, but also for all the people from all walks of life throughout the world that you have inspired. You are truly an icon.

I hope your remaining time on earth is comfortable and pain free. My thoughts are with you and your family.

How very sad for those of us who thought she would always be here. God's blessings and strength to her family and loved ones. There are a few refs in heaven who are probably going to be in hiding--for eternity. I am thankful for the work she did, and all the lives she touched.

I pray for uplifting of the family. Pat will always be a true legend and will remain in the hearts of all us Big Orange fans.

Reactions: 3 people
Prayers for Coach Summitt. No single person represents University of Tennessee sports more than the accomplishments of this great lady, both on and off the court.

She's embodied everything I can imagine our university stands for as long as I can remember. Bless you, coach, and thank you. May peace be with you.

That's awesome. Hope you kept it. I know I would have.

It got started one day when she had just got back in town. I believe she had just got back in from a recruiting visit, and seemed excited about it. I just asked how that years team (1984 or 85) was doing, and she felt they were going to have a great year.

I just said, "I need to get over there, and see your girls play this year." Pat didn't hesitate, she had a few of those schedules with her, and gave me one. And she would give me one the next year and the next. Until I got another job and lost touch with her.

No idea where they are. Probably in a shoe box at my folk's house. I didn't throw them away, but cannot safely say I "kept" them.

More importantly, I used them.

Reactions: 1 person
Pat will pass away in God's time, on His schedule. We can just ask for an easy passing for her, that her great heart will be at rest. And that her family will be comforted by the love that flows around her passing.

Reactions: 8 people
This is such a shock,though with this disease things always go downhill at different rates. Been away to Senior Olympics and just found out the seriousness of Coach Summitt's condition. May God bless and make his face to shine on you,our beloved Coach Pat. We love and cherish you,Coach. Many prayers and best wishes to the family.

Reactions: 1 person
My grandmother is in the last stages of Alzheimer's and the most merciful thing that can happen is for the good Lord to take her ASAP. I love her dearly but this disease is horrific and to see her not remember anyone/anything and her mind deteriorate each day is the worst disease I've witnessed in my lifetime.

Pat is truly an inspirational individual and leader. I pray for peace and comfort for her during this last stage in her life and pray for her family as they have to live with the effects of this horrific disease until she is called home.

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back