Harsh truth

I’m not all in on the coaching hire. Who was really going to take this job. We’ve been garbage for 15 years, run through head and assistant coaches more then you can count, about to be destroyed with sanctions. Why would and big name coach come here?
ie: this isn’t the 90s, forget about that, we are the bad news beads of the SEC.
Given that information above. Who would have actually taken this job?
Get on board and give him a chance.GBO!!

I’m not all in on the coaching hire. Who was really going to take this job. We’ve been garbage for 15 years, run through head and assistant coaches more then you can count, about to be destroyed with sanctions. Why would and big name coach come here?
ie: this isn’t the 90s, forget about that, we are the bad news beads of the SEC.
Heupel is a good coach! We have not had one in a LONG time!

What type of BEADS would we be then? Friendship? @n@l? LMAO!

Name all the schools that have made big name home run hires that didn't involve something like failure in the NFL, coming out of retirement or moving from a conference bottom dweller to a top of the conference power.

Thinking back, Jimbo to FSU was about it in the last 20 years.

Reactions: Border Vol
Another one of the numerous threads saying the same sh*t since Coach Heupel was hired! Go root for Alabama,Georgia,Florida or Clemson it sounds like you aren't much of a Tennessee fan.

View attachment 348031
So what is he supposed to say? That this was a home run hire and Heupel will outcoach Saban? Is that what you have to say to prove you are a fan? I mean, I graduated from UT, but I can’t say that with a straight face.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

I‘m on the edge of my seat......please continue

Another one of the numerous threads saying the same sh*t since Coach Heupel was hired! Go root for Alabama,Georgia,Florida or Clemson it sounds like you aren't much of a Tennessee fan.

View attachment 348031
Vol fans can criticize the hire if they like. Doesn’t mean they are going to stop being Vol fans.

It is what it is. I'm gonna hope for the best, but I can't get away from the gut feeling that Heupel is going to be another 3-4 year disappointment. I hope I'm wrong.
Silly to be negative when Heupel hasn't even had a day of practice. Best to keep that mindset to yourself. What's the point in even saying that?

Tennessee isn’t this trash job that people think it is, at least it hasn’t been up until recently. Tennessee has top ten football facilities, you can go anywhere in the country and we are on par with them in facilities. Tennessee can pay on par with any program in the country; they were offering some coaches 7 million per year to come here. They have one of the most passionate and loyal fan bases in the country. They are in one of the best recruiting areas in the country.

The problem with Tennessee has been their trash ass administration and the fact that they have run the program into the ground. Some say this started when Fulmer was fired but honestly the problem wasn’t getting rid of Fulmer it was how Kiffin was brought in. Kiffin could have been a great coach for Tennessee but he had a contract negotiated that was easy for him to walk away from in the dead of the night. Then we allowed Mike Hamilton who was trying to salvage his job to make a rushed hire of Derek Dooley. Think about that for a minute who in the hell would’ve allowed Hamilton to make another hire at that point, last coach left with no penalty, under NCAA investigation, etc. Then comes Butch who for all his faults and damn his cliches is the best of bunch whether by pure luck or by the will of Josh Dobbs. We get rid of Butch and all the stars are aligned for us to get Mullen but we let him linger long enough for Florida to miss out on Chip Kelly then come in and hire Dan instead. We then go out and try to hire Schiano. All hell breaks loose and we hire Phillip Fulmer as AD, after sacking Currie and preventing his last min hire of Leach. Arguably Fulmer was the least qualified and also most likely the most damaging hire we will ever make. And then onto Pruitt who we fire for “cheating” (aka what Pruitt has done at every other major program that employed him); in actually we fired him bc he sucked and we didn’t want to pay him the money owed to him.
Ugh. Enough of that.

Imagine the numbers on here that would be elated if......Fulmer had made the hire....after all of the the bs that Fulmer has dealt us Im all in for giving this guy the benefit of the doubt.

This has been hashed out 1000 times already on this board. Franklin was offered the job and he wanted ridiculous money. Outside of that, give CJH a chance, you never know what can happen. I will guarantee you one thing: This offense is about to more explosive than it has in years and it should be a lot of fun to watch.
This is why i don't understand our fans sometimes. You guys have watched this team suck for over a decade! Over 10 years! This program has zero fire that ot once did. Facing NCAA sanctions and nobody really knows the extent of the damage. Our play on the field has been extremely hard to watch! Nothing fun about it. Now we at least have a coach that will bring an exciting style of play. I turned the Kentucky game off midway through 3 quarters but i promise you this. That won't happen anymore. If we lose then we'll lose 48-45 and the game will be EXCITING! Something we haven't been able to say for far to long!!!!

I’m not all in on the coaching hire. Who was really going to take this job? We’ve been garbage for 15 years, run through head and assistant coaches more then you can count, about to be destroyed with sanctions. Why would and big name coach come here?

It's than, not then! Fifth-grade English.

Name all the schools that have made big name home run hires that didn't involve something like failure in the NFL, coming out of retirement or moving from a conference bottom dweller to a top of the conference power.

Thinking back, Jimbo to FSU was about it in the last 20 years.

Freeze at Ole Miss
Freeze at Liberty
Norvell at Memphis
Frost at UCF
Dan Mullen at Mississippi State

...or maybe these:

TzS5Dy7iikNOUkObeBedcPXTebcKIsY45ulLqz0n4wyL1NFpoJyUNQ7fMqiyyY3wsEpGcKmkP31XDBqRThDm02r0ShdYehn0t7MpS1M_ZZ41JXZxkDk1lZuFig

Ct Being a Big Orange fan living in Florida I'm really excited for us!Have watched our new coach.Don't worry be happy?

I really see no reason at this point to hash out what could have been, when the coaching search is over. You either like it or hate it. Its not going to change now and we have to see how this goes. Personally I think CJH will do a good job. Offense will be flying high, my only concern is the defense. ? mark on his recruiting too, but with a loaded 2022 class in TN, he will be able to prove himself there rather quickly.

Reactions: jim43

VN Store

Back