Harsh truth

I’m not all in on the coaching hire. Who was really going to take this job. We’ve been garbage for 15 years, run through head and assistant coaches more then you can count, about to be destroyed with sanctions. Why would and big name coach come here?
ie: this isn’t the 90s, forget about that, we are the bad news beads of the SEC.
Given that information above. Who would have actually taken this job?

NOONE

I’m not all in on the coaching hire. Who was really going to take this job. We’ve been garbage for 15 years, run through head and assistant coaches more then you can count, about to be destroyed with sanctions. Why would and big name coach come here?
ie: this isn’t the 90s, forget about that, we are the bad news beads of the SEC.
I've been critical of a lot of things UT during the stretch, but I am willing to give JH some slack.

1. If you want to be angry with someone, be angry with the sordid collection of morons, arseholes, and incompetents that have been in charge of UT the past 15 years. Apparently, we do have an administration that is finally all pulling in the same direction for a change.
2. JH came into a hard spot. Pruitt and Fulmer have left this program in a horrible mess, and Pruitt should have had his arrogant, redneck arse pistol-whipped all the way to the state border with Alabama. Fulmer just needs to be barred from campus, go home and enjoy the millions he has bilked UT out of.
3. We should at least be more enjoyable to watch than we have been since Dobbs graduated. Offense shouldn't be so hard to grasp as it was with the previous staff.
4. Being negative at this point does noone any good.

Coach Bobby Hill is the coach we need right now, not the coach we deserve. We are all ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Fans in our hearts, but that isn't going to do us any good.

I might be in the verbal minority here, but I think that Heupel is actually going to do some great things. We might not end up winning the SEC and competing in the National Championship, but I think we will come close and make Tennessee Football enjoyable to watch again.

Isn't that Hank's son?

Coach Bobby Hill is the coach we need right now, not the coach we deserve. We are all ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Fans in our hearts, but that isn't going to do us any good.

I might be in the verbal minority here, but I think that Heupel is actually going to do some great things. We might not end up winning the SEC and competing in the National Championship, but I think we will come close and make Tennessee Football enjoyable to watch again.
iu

Oh cool, haven’t seen one of these threads in the last seven minutes.

So much negativity on these about our coach it’s unreal. He has even coached one game here and people are wanting him gone ? Why? Personally has done anything for people to want to get rid of him. No he’s not. What would if by chance we only lose bama & the stupid puppies down south then what would you say then? No... I’m not wearing Orange colored glasses I wear glass just them. Please just stop and think before you run down the coach

Reactions: Myrtleturtle
And I think that depends on NCAA , Years 2=3-4 COULD be pretty bad due to no fault of the coach

Even if we didn't have that, we'd be talking about how Heupel just inherited the "worst dumpster fire ever"....you know...like we said for Dooley, Jones, and Pruitt. It's new UT tradition that the new coach inherits the worst situation ever, though I'll grant with the possible NCAA issues Heupel actually might.

But people would have said that without them.

This has been hashed out 1000 times already on this board. Franklin was offered the job and he wanted ridiculous money. Outside of that, give CJH a chance, you never know what can happen. I will guarantee you one thing: This offense is about to more explosive than it has in years and it should be a lot of fun to watch.
Serious question, is there any confirmation that he was offered, and refused other than posters? I mean like a statement from UT, or Franklin?

I will be more than satisfied if our offense goes out and scores 30ish a game (or more). We have some good weapons on that side and they need to be used. I think JH will put some life into the O.

Tennessee isn’t this trash job that people think it is, at least it hasn’t been up until recently. Tennessee has top ten football facilities, you can go anywhere in the country and we are on par with them in facilities. Tennessee can pay on par with any program in the country; they were offering some coaches 7 million per year to come here. They have one of the most passionate and loyal fan bases in the country. They are in one of the best recruiting areas in the country.

The problem with Tennessee has been their trash ass administration and the fact that they have run the program into the ground. Some say this started when Fulmer was fired but honestly the problem wasn’t getting rid of Fulmer it was how Kiffin was brought in. Kiffin could have been a great coach for Tennessee but he had a contract negotiated that was easy for him to walk away from in the dead of the night. Then we allowed Mike Hamilton who was trying to salvage his job to make a rushed hire of Derek Dooley. Think about that for a minute who in the hell would’ve allowed Hamilton to make another hire at that point, last coach left with no penalty, under NCAA investigation, etc. Then comes Butch who for all his faults and damn his cliches is the best of bunch whether by pure luck or by the will of Josh Dobbs. We get rid of Butch and all the stars are aligned for us to get Mullen but we let him linger long enough for Florida to miss out on Chip Kelly then come in and hire Dan instead. We then go out and try to hire Schiano. All hell breaks loose and we hire Phillip Fulmer as AD, after sacking Currie and preventing his last min hire of Leach. Arguably Fulmer was the least qualified and also most likely the most damaging hire we will ever make. And then onto Pruitt who we fire for “cheating” (aka what Pruitt has done at every other major program that employed him); in actually we fired him bc he sucked and we didn’t want to pay him the money owed to him.

I don't know that the NCAA will do anything other than self imposed penalties that we can put on ourselves. They didn't do anything to Miami and North Carolina, that i can remember, and everyone talked about them losing all their power due to power 5 threatening to leave NCAA and possibly starting their own organization. Has something changed that I've missed?! There is a huge possibility if player compensation comes into the mix.

Well...let's look at it this way. We have the worst year in Tennessee history and still end up 16th (and could improve) in the country in recruiting. Like I have always said, "If you have the right pieces you can build a monster nobody wants to fight."

Gee, this is all new information

Tennessee is not going to be "destroyed with sanctions". That happens to programs who have been cited for a lack of institutional control by the NCAA's Committee on Infractions. Given that these level 1 violations are being self-reported, with those involved having already transferred or been terminated, there is no chance of that happening. The looming investigation is a dark cloud over the program. It impacted the coaching search and it will impact recruiting... but ultimately, the harshest penalties will be show cause restrictions for those individual coaches, not for Tennessee. I would expect no more than a one year bowl ban, with between 6-8 scholarship losses spread over a 3 year period, and 5 total years worth of probation.

VN Store

Back