Harry Galbreath

I was the same grade as Harry at rival schools in Montgomery County, his recruitment was a great story. UT initially came to CHS to look at another player. They liked Harry's size and attitude. Harry was a nice guy but several friends of mine that went to Clarksville High did not think he would make it through summer workouts up there. Everyone thought if he could survive it he would develop into a very good player but some were worried he wouldn't make it through it and come home. Well he did make and he thrived at it. After a redshirt season he had transformed his body. I remember the summer before his redshirt season started they announced in a August article that Galbreath was the strongest player on UT's team. Harry was a great guy, he left Clarksville a big guy with a belly and turned into a beast. His dedication to the weight room is what made him the player his was. He was kind of different, he had the technical stuff down before transformed his body. He was a student of the game with a great work ethic, once the body developed he was destine for greatness. He wasn't very tall or long armed, but he was great at leverage as he wrestled in high school which no doubt helped him. He was a great story, he would have been a 2 star by todays rating system in high school but he was a 5 star SEC Lineman and future NFL O-Lineman. Harry was a great guy and got along with everybody, he was real easy going and likeable in nature. GBO!!!!

Those were great Tennessee O Lines in those days and Harry was one of the greatest. I laughed at the William Howard reference. I thought majors was punishing him when he gave it to him 12 times in a row! Good times, when we yelled ‘How bout them Vols!’ when we were leaving Neyland Stadium.

VN Store

Back