Harrison Bailey, thy time is now….

Well you'll probably get your wish because i don't expect Milton to last the first half versus Bama.. He avoids contact and with our Oline he's going to be picking turf out of his helmet a lot.

Reactions: SmokeyLives
Heupel will do everything possible to keep HB off the field IMO. He has his own reasons and he has not revealed them. Any of us here at VN that lay out the why are doing so with pure speculation. I speculate it's an ego thing for Heupel. How do you allow the 3rd stringer to take the field, possibly out play the guy you told the world was #1, that ending up being a giant suck job and before the public eye out played by #2 and who gets outplayed by #3? Hooker took that QB whisperer thing Heupel had down a few pegs and if Bailey takes the field successfully, it totally discredits that altogether. Heupel ain't having that y'all.

….. prove. me. wrong.
Next opponent is Bama. 2/3 of the OL is down or sorely limited. Bailey hasn't had more than a handfull of reps. WTH would you toss him into that fire storm and a sure loss? Nope. Milton is my qb next Saturday. Rest Hooker. Get Bailey practice reps then see which one is the better option come KY.

….. prove. me. wrong.
He's had all summer to prove you wrong and hasn't. I'm not saying I wouldn't prefer Bailey over Milton because I would take my local High School qb over Milton. Bailey just doesn't fit the rpo fast paced offense. He could run the fast paced offense given time to learn it but our offensive line in the shape that it's in he would get killed this week against a good defensive line running a traditional offense.

Reactions: perico
Don’t have to. He’s the 3rd string QB behind Milton.

So Hooker > Milton > Bailey

Bailey must really frikkin’ suck that we are in week 8 and he still can’t beat out Milton.

Seriously, Bailey can’t run the offense at the tempo required. If you want Bailey as your QB, then just bring back Gump as well because that’s the kind of offense required to apparently fit his skill set.
Exactly why do you think Bailey can't run the offense at the tempo required? If you want to say he's not a fit due to lack of running ability, fine, but to say he can't run the offense at an up-tempo is ridiculous.

Also, the complete lack of situational awareness and lack of willingness to do what it takes to win should move him to third string. Any QB high school and up would know with 3 seconds on the clock you have to throw it to the end zone - or if you decide to run, put your head down and fight like hell to score. Not look up at the clock and then step out of bounds when you see time had expired.

There’s a reason Heupel keeps trotting Milton out there instead of Bailey.

What it is I have no idea, but there’s a reason.

Because he wants to red shirt him. Also, no way we are winning against Bama or Ga this year so might as well play Milton as much as he sucks. I think Bailey can play in 3more games this year. Best make it good ones

Well you'll probably get your wish because i don't expect Milton to last the first half versus Bama.. He avoids contact and with our Oline he's going to be picking turf out of his helmet a lot.

He’s as slow as a snail going up hill in quick sand. He’ll have no choice but to get hit a lot. The best we can hope for is for him to somehow string a drive together and get 3 so we don’t get shut out.

You’re wrong. Let’s hope potato head Joe doesn’t blow a circuit trying to figure out when he needs to throw the ball into the end zone.

When your a instant joke tagged to one of the worst scenes in Tennessee football history it’s best to hit the portal and hope Jacksonville State has a spot open.

I don't think we have a choice if Captain Hook is seriously injured. With BamGa coming up, Milton is sure to get banged up too. My real fear is after Bailey, if the worst happens to him as well, who do we trot out?

Sully McDermott -FR, Gaston Moore -FR, Spencer Smith -Soph. ??????????????

I hope we aren't put in that situation, but if it comes down to that, I dare say Josh will instead send Holiday in as QB given his HS background. Penalties galore but it would WILD, WILD, WILD than anything Jim West and Artemus Gordan experienced.

Exactly why do you think Bailey can't run the offense at the tempo required? If you want to say he's not a fit due to lack of running ability, fine, but to say he can't run the offense at an up-tempo is ridiculous.

Also, the complete lack of situational awareness and lack of willingness to do what it takes to win should move him to third string. Any QB high school and up would know with 3 seconds on the clock you have to throw it to the end zone - or if you decide to run, put your head down and fight like hell to score. Not look up at the clock and then step out of bounds when you see time had expired.

Because if he could run the offense efficiently at the speed Heupel requires, then he wouldn’t be 3rd string.

I’m not being completely serious here. I’m just having fun with the Bailey supporters.

Look, I don’t know all the reasons Bailey has not played, but the only logical explanation is that he is having trouble running the offense at the tempo that Heupel requires. I don’t but into ego conspiracies. Heupel isn’t Pruitt.

Heupel has made this system work without a mobile QB in the past, but only when he’s had a great OL. But we don’t have that. Therefore we must have a running QB. You can’t make this offense work with both a bad OL and a statue QB. I get that Milton will be a tough sell to this fanbase after the last play of the game, but throwing Bailey out there against Bama’s defense behind this OL is setting him up to be killed.
What the He.. , you think Milton is a running QB???????

VN Store

Back