Harrison bailey and jalin hyatt workout together

Baileys arm looks a little weak .. and the wr's are waiting on the ball .. they have to come back to the ball .. HS coaches haven't coached them well .. I was expecting a little better arm strength.. and a little better route running .
I watched the video 3 times through. all they ran were timing routes. On all of those, the ball should have been in the air right as the WR came out of the break. In every single case the WR was slowing down waiting. The fact he is getting reps with these guys is good (not sure who the second WR was) but nothing about the reps was impressive. Any high school QB should be able to complete those passes at that level. Slow as heck with no coverage. In every case the wr was slowing down looking for the QB to lead him instead of as in a timing route being where he was supposed to be at that timing. Routes wre not crisp (or bad).. all short routes mot of us could make if it really came down to it. Im not saying this video is bad I'm just saying it's not worth commenting on. If u really push me it makes me worry because I mean he knows hte route and what's happening each time why does the ball not come out of his hand till well after WR makes his break?

I watched the video 3 times through. all they ran were timing routes. On all of those, the ball should have been in the air right as the WR came out of the break. In every single case the WR was slowing down waiting. The fact he is getting reps with these guys is good (not sure who the second WR was) but nothing about the reps was impressive. Any high school QB should be able to complete those passes at that level. Slow as heck with no coverage. In every case the wr was slowing down looking for the QB to lead him instead of as in a timing route being where he was supposed to be at that timing. Routes wre not crisp (or bad).. all short routes mot of us could make if it really came down to it. Im not saying this video is bad I'm just saying it's not worth commenting on. If u really push me it makes me worry because I mean he knows hte route and what's happening each time why does the ball not come out of his hand till well after WR makes his break?
Not worth commenting on yet you did

Time to cancel the season.

Bailey doesn’t have the arm strength to be a good QB.

Recruit him over!
I'm assuming that's blue font. there is nothing in the video to say he does not have arm strength. the only thing that makes me worry about the video is the fact that someone thought it was something worth posting because it shows nothing other than they practiced together at what looks like half speed. You'd think if that was the case the vid would be 30 seconds with like 3 catches. If that was them going all in full speed showing something off then yeah its sad. It was a few slow ass sideline routes and lots of telegraphed, badly timed, timing routes. iI he had thrown those in an actual game 90% get picked off. The one good thing the WR was able to slow his breaks and give the QB time to get to the ball and lead the QB to him. Pretty sure that's not how that thing is supposed to work.

Not worth commenting on yet you did
Why not? Is it your opinion it's not worth commenting on? if so what does that have to to with my reply? I obviously felt it was worth commenting on else, I wouldn't have. if you feel like its not worth commenting on then don't comment on it or just make your own comment not quoting me and confusing folks. Most of them are not even gonna read what you quoted from me and assume your clueless arse has a clue.

TLDR version unless u have something to actually say,, contribute, share STFU

Why not? Is it your opinion it's not worth commenting on? if so what does that have to to with my reply? I obviously felt it was worth commenting on else, I wouldn't have. if you feel like its not worth commenting on then don't comment on it or just make your own comment not quoting me and confusing folks. Most of them are not even gonna read what you quoted from me and assume your clueless arse has a clue.

TLDR version unless u have something to actually say,, contribute, share STFU
You literally said in your reply that I quoted, "I'm just saying it's not worth commenting on." Go back and read you moran.

It's bolded for you if you need a more clear direction.

I don't understand your reasoning here. A type of player like Bailey redshirting won't benefit him or Tennessee at all....odds are he is going to he here 3 years...so do you want him to play 2 or 3 of those years?
Odds are a senior will be more ready to play than a freshman. You're banking on him being gone in 3 years without anything to support that. I think best case scenario is he keeps an extra year of eligibility and works on his craft while we hopefully get better QB play out of our current starter. But I'm for whoever is going to win us more games right now. If it's him, great. If not, redshirt him.

Don’t worry guys, Bailey has 17 months to get ready for his first game.

Only on volnation would somebody suggest we don't have any qb's. Shrout and Maurer both have good potential. 1st team is hardly settled despite most thinking JG has clear sailing, in fact I will be more worried and he isn't pushed or it isn't close competition. Bailey is going to be a good one regardless of what some think about him. Can't wait to see our line of scrimmage play, it should be much improved. GBO!!!!

Agree, I think we will be good at QB no matter what. Will we be above average that's very debatable. If HB is good enough to beat out a 5th year senior then I believe he will break records while at UT for 3 years then declare. If not the competition between he & BM & JTS next year will be great for the team I think all 3 will end up being D1 QB's via transfer portal by 2022,

Only on volnation would somebody suggest we don't have any qb's. Shrout and Maurer both have good potential. 1st team is hardly settled despite most thinking JG has clear sailing, in fact I will be more worried and he isn't pushed or it isn't close competition. Bailey is going to be a good one regardless of what some think about him. Can't wait to see our line of scrimmage play, it should be much improved. GBO!!!!
As last year showed us the competition was closer than we were being told. Yes BM and Shrout both made mistakes but iirc they were given the opportunity to make those mistakes because JG was making mistakes. The point is I wouldn’t worry if we’re being TOLD it’s not close because JP used those exact words last year in his defense of his decision to start JG. Everything he claimed wasn’t happening in practice was happening on game day.

I live in Marietta and got to watch HB several times last year. Arm strength and touch are no problem. He’s got the “it” factor

Baileys arm looks a little weak .. and the wr's are waiting on the ball .. they have to come back to the ball .. HS coaches haven't coached them well .. I was expecting a little better arm strength.. and a little better route running .
Yikes. That’s a spot throw. That ball should within a yard or so by the time the WR is making his turn.

This. Folks need to watch some film on Bailey. Not saying he is Peyton or anything...but the kid has a great arm and is a gamer. I am sure he is adjusting in this session to having a 4.3 speed WR...he didnt have those in HS. Actually, almost nobody has those in HS because that 4.3 laser timed by Hyatt at the NIKE Opening would have put him as the 2nd fastest player I believe at ANY position in this years NFL combine. Makes sense for the ball to be a little short in that scenario doesnt it? I am sure he will adjust to the speed of the game.

Go Vols
You are correct. Pretty sure Henry Ruggs was the only one faster.

VN Store

Back