Harrison bailey and jalin hyatt workout together

#31

1vol8

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2019
Messages
4,465
Likes
4,433
#31
We complain about not getting highly touted recruits.

We complain about getting highly touted recruits if they’re not an NFL player by day one.

VN logic.
Too many people think rank=talent and that’s not always true. Especially when considering the ones they’re trusting the most (the services) miss on 7 out of 10 prospects. If they say player A is a 3* there’s a 70% chance they are wrong. If they say player B is a 5* there’s a 30% chance they’re right.
 
Likes: LittleVol
#32

Pump Guy

If Steve Spurrier was my neighbor, I would move.
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
496
Likes
896
#32
Baileys arm looks a little weak .. and the wr's are waiting on the ball .. they have to come back to the ball .. HS coaches haven't coached them well .. I was expecting a little better arm strength.. and a little better route running .
He looks like he has Happy Feet
 
#33

Woodlawn VOL

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2018
Messages
1,397
Likes
2,260
#33
Only on volnation would somebody suggest we don't have any qb's. Shrout and Maurer both have good potential. 1st team is hardly settled despite most thinking JG has clear sailing, in fact I will be more worried and he isn't pushed or it isn't close competition. Bailey is going to be a good one regardless of what some think about him. Can't wait to see our line of scrimmage play, it should be much improved. GBO!!!!
 
#34
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
12
Likes
6
#34
Baileys arm looks a little weak .. and the wr's are waiting on the ball .. they have to come back to the ball .. HS coaches haven't coached them well .. I was expecting a little better arm strength.. and a little better route running ... I'll take our and most football coach's opinion and the quarterbacks coach that he trains with over some glorified armchair coach any day. Go back to eating your corn flakes.
 
#35

84Volfan

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2016
Messages
1,407
Likes
3,424
#35
Exactly but some people will be mad if he isn't the starter. Best case scenario is JG steps up and plays better and it allows Bailey to redshirt. Or maybe Bailey will be ready week 1 but I'm not going to expect that.
I don't understand your reasoning here. A type of player like Bailey redshirting won't benefit him or Tennessee at all....odds are he is going to he here 3 years...so do you want him to play 2 or 3 of those years?
 
#36

whodeycin85

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
2,038
Likes
1,935
#36
I understand working on timing.... but wouldnt timing be throwing to where the guy should be...i guess we already have QB that waits to long..1 thats too quick and a mixed bag...he was leading the wr after he made his break. Which is good. But those timing route the ball should be in the air when he come out of his break....

I would be more encouraged with a few passes missed
 
#37

illvol

Eternal optimist
Joined
Sep 2, 2010
Messages
1,119
Likes
1,955
#37
People read so much into a 5 minute video clip. It amazes me. Yes his ball floated a bit but if you watch his arm he is clearly not putting much behind the throws. As far as practicing like you play...Yes...but that doesn't mean you have to come out firing bullets every time you throw routes. Your arm would be toast. I was a pitcher at a high level and in the off season we didn't just do mound work throwing 100% all the time. We worked mechanics and footwork and other things as well that had us throwing, but nowhere near 100%. If you had seen us in the off season in a 5 minute clip doing drills you would have never known what we were capable of.
 
#44

VOLnMiami

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
15,097
Likes
4,033
#44
I think everybody here who is concerned with HB's arm strength should email coach Pruitt and tell him your concerns about his highly recruited 5 star qb and that you are not satisfied with his practice throws...I am sure he will take your concerns and advice seriously and correct this problem. <Eye roll>
 
#48

HarderKnox59

Drinkin the Orange Koolaid !
Joined
Dec 13, 2019
Messages
358
Likes
684
#48
Besides arm strength, he can fix every issue. He'll find that urgency and speed once they pick his ball in practice.

I think you guys are setting yourself up for disappointment hoping that HB is our savior from day 1. Let the kid develop and become the next school record breaker.
I agree let him develop but MOST people are so over JG their just hoping for a change behind center. You know a QB that doesn't hold the ball and throwing the it late over and over again. Oh did I mention the over throws. Just the Gator Bowl again.
 

VN Store




Sponsors
 

Top