Harrison bailey and jalin hyatt workout together

Time to cancel the season.

Bailey doesn’t have the arm strength to be a good QB.

Recruit him over!

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
We complain about not getting highly touted recruits.

We complain about getting highly touted recruits if they’re not an NFL player by day one.

VN logic.
Too many people think rank=talent and that’s not always true. Especially when considering the ones they’re trusting the most (the services) miss on 7 out of 10 prospects. If they say player A is a 3* there’s a 70% chance they are wrong. If they say player B is a 5* there’s a 30% chance they’re right.

Reactions: LittleVol
Baileys arm looks a little weak .. and the wr's are waiting on the ball .. they have to come back to the ball .. HS coaches haven't coached them well .. I was expecting a little better arm strength.. and a little better route running .

He looks like he has Happy Feet

Only on volnation would somebody suggest we don't have any qb's. Shrout and Maurer both have good potential. 1st team is hardly settled despite most thinking JG has clear sailing, in fact I will be more worried and he isn't pushed or it isn't close competition. Bailey is going to be a good one regardless of what some think about him. Can't wait to see our line of scrimmage play, it should be much improved. GBO!!!!

Baileys arm looks a little weak .. and the wr's are waiting on the ball .. they have to come back to the ball .. HS coaches haven't coached them well .. I was expecting a little better arm strength.. and a little better route running ... I'll take our and most football coach's opinion and the quarterbacks coach that he trains with over some glorified armchair coach any day. Go back to eating your corn flakes.

Exactly but some people will be mad if he isn't the starter. Best case scenario is JG steps up and plays better and it allows Bailey to redshirt. Or maybe Bailey will be ready week 1 but I'm not going to expect that.
I don't understand your reasoning here. A type of player like Bailey redshirting won't benefit him or Tennessee at all....odds are he is going to he here 3 years...so do you want him to play 2 or 3 of those years?

I understand working on timing.... but wouldnt timing be throwing to where the guy should be...i guess we already have QB that waits to long..1 thats too quick and a mixed bag...he was leading the wr after he made his break. Which is good. But those timing route the ball should be in the air when he come out of his break....

I would be more encouraged with a few passes missed

People read so much into a 5 minute video clip. It amazes me. Yes his ball floated a bit but if you watch his arm he is clearly not putting much behind the throws. As far as practicing like you play...Yes...but that doesn't mean you have to come out firing bullets every time you throw routes. Your arm would be toast. I was a pitcher at a high level and in the off season we didn't just do mound work throwing 100% all the time. We worked mechanics and footwork and other things as well that had us throwing, but nowhere near 100%. If you had seen us in the off season in a 5 minute clip doing drills you would have never known what we were capable of.

giphy.gif

Come on. He will be fine

I think everybody here who is concerned with HB's arm strength should email coach Pruitt and tell him your concerns about his highly recruited 5 star qb and that you are not satisfied with his practice throws...I am sure he will take your concerns and advice seriously and correct this problem. <Eye roll>

LOL! So many coaches on here. Each has his opinion and they express them as fact. The keyboard has made them all experts on talent evaluations. Narcissistic noobs.

Reactions: UTNoFear
LOL! So many coaches on here. Each has his opinion and they express them as fact. The keyboard has made them all experts on talent evaluations. Narcissistic noobs.

If only the worlds best breaker down of film were around here to tell us what he saw.

Besides arm strength, he can fix every issue. He'll find that urgency and speed once they pick his ball in practice.

I think you guys are setting yourself up for disappointment hoping that HB is our savior from day 1. Let the kid develop and become the next school record breaker.
I agree let him develop but MOST people are so over JG their just hoping for a change behind center. You know a QB that doesn't hold the ball and throwing the it late over and over again. Oh did I mention the over throws. Just the Gator Bowl again.

His footwork reminds me of another quarterback here everyone said had "Happy Feet". He worked out pretty well. Not that I'm trying to put that monkey on his back.

Reactions: gunner

VN Store

Back