Harrison bailey and jalin hyatt workout together

Oh thanks!! For some reason it wouldnt download. It had lines marked through the title

Baileys arm looks a little weak .. and the wr's are waiting on the ball .. they have to come back to the ball .. HS coaches haven't coached them well .. I was expecting a little better arm strength.. and a little better route running .

Jalin Hyatt is super slippery. His little bro looks pretty explosive too.

It seems like there's always some video of Harrison Bailey having a throwing session.
Encouging.
I wonder if the other QBs are working out in some way somewhere in isolation.

Baileys arm looks a little weak .. and the wr's are waiting on the ball .. they have to come back to the ball .. HS coaches haven't coached them well .. I was expecting a little better arm strength.. and a little better route running .

Weak? How so?

Jalin Hyatt's routes were pretty good for the most part. Have you ever run a pass route over and over and over again? It's tiresome.
Especially if your only rest is from one other route runner. Usually your running a route every 2 mins. Not every 25 seconds...

No coaches could be there so it ws their own personal session. And it was mainly just to put in work while building chemistry.

Weak? How so?

Jalin Hyatt's routes were pretty good for the most part. Have you ever run a pass route over and over and over again? It's tiresome.
Especially if your only rest is from one other route runner. Usually your running a route every 2 mins. Not every 25 seconds...

No coaches could be there so it ws their own personal session. And it was mainly just to put in work while building chemistry.
Yea I have run them over and over .. you practice coming back to ball in practice .. over and over till it becomes routine...just like tucking ball in after catch .. so yea I know a little about running routes and coaching .. I was expecting a little more zip on passes in video for a 6'5 225 lb QB .. but he is young . He get stronger .. but not seeing that zip yet ..

Weak? How so?

Have to agree that Bailey needs more zip on short to intermediate throws. Tends to float in the air a while it seems.

Yea I have run them over and over .. you practice coming back to ball in practice .. over and over till it becomes routine...just like tucking ball in after catch .. so yea I know a little about running routes and coaching .. I was expecting a little more zip on passes in video for a 6'5 225 lb QB .. but he is young . He get stronger .. but not seeing that zip yet ..
He can throw it on a rope to the opposite hash. He has plenty of power. He's not trying to throw his damn arm out on a random Tuesday.

He can throw it on a rope to the opposite hash. He has plenty of power. He's not trying to throw his damn arm out on a random Tuesday.
Practice how you play. I doubt he's practicing one way and playing another. If so, that's a bigger problem than the zip on his throws.

This video is pretty ****** to be honest but those routes are terrible and you can see they are tired. As for HB having no zip...

I dnt think its a big deal. He has to get the timing down with Hyatt 1st before he starts firing missiles. Hyatt is a legit 4.3 in the 40 and im sure he probably plays even faster. Its not really about zipping it to fast guys as much as it is getting it out earlier. I think everyone would agree that Mahomes has a cannon but if u pay attention from time to time u will see Tyreke Hill have to wait on the ball or comeback to it. Same thing with Desean Jackson and any of his qbs he has had. Man its hard to hit guys that fast on the move especially if u have never thrown to them. Its 2 guys who never played together going through workouts. Its not going to be crisp. That will all come with reps and it will get smoother by the day. A few years down the road its going to be something special.

Have to agree that Bailey needs more zip on short to intermediate throws. Tends to float in the air a while it seems.
Practice how you play. I doubt he's practicing one way and playing another. If so, that's a bigger problem than the zip on his throws.
This was not practice. It was a session to just emt each other on the field and get use to each other. I have seen enough film on HB to know I have no question about his arm strength. One has to have really good arm strength on the long throws , especially when he hits the receiver in stride every time. Sorry guys, but you have to find something else to complain about HB.

Last edited:
I thought the same thing. HB was throwing late and looked like the WR were waiting a little too long.

Arm strength usually doesnt develop. God says you have it and that's about it. Not sure if he is whipping it as hard as he can. I worry about the footwork. But honestly, we prolly not playing ball this year at this rate.

This was not prac. It was a session to just emt each other on the field and get use to each other. I have seen enough film on HB to know I have no quetion about his arm strength. One has to have really good arm strength on the long throws , especially when he hits the receiver in stride everytime. Sorry guys, but you have to find something else to complain about HB.

This. Folks need to watch some film on Bailey. Not saying he is Peyton or anything...but the kid has a great arm and is a gamer. I am sure he is adjusting in this session to having a 4.3 speed WR...he didnt have those in HS. Actually, almost nobody has those in HS because that 4.3 laser timed by Hyatt at the NIKE Opening would have put him as the 2nd fastest player I believe at ANY position in this years NFL combine. Makes sense for the ball to be a little short in that scenario doesnt it? I am sure he will adjust to the speed of the game.

Go Vols

This was not prac. It was a session to just emt each other on the field and get use to each other. I have seen enough film on HB to know I have no quetion about his arm strength. One has to have really good arm strength on the long throws , especially when he hits the receiver in stride everytime. Sorry guys, but you have to find something else to complain about HB.
Didn't say he didn't have a strong arm. Said the ball floats on the short/intermediate throws.

Besides arm strength, he can fix every issue. He'll find that urgency and speed once they pick his ball in practice.

I think you guys are setting yourself up for disappointment hoping that HB is our savior from day 1. Let the kid develop and become the next school record breaker.

Besides arm strength, he can fix every issue. He'll find that urgency and speed once they pick his ball in practice.

I think you guys are setting yourself up for disappointment hoping that HB is our savior from day 1. Let the kid develop and become the next school record breaker.
Exactly but some people will be mad if he isn't the starter. Best case scenario is JG steps up and plays better and it allows Bailey to redshirt. Or maybe Bailey will be ready week 1 but I'm not going to expect that.

Reactions: dcm3w

VN Store

Back