Harper, Sullivan officially announced as assistants

Well that leaves one more to be hired and hopefully its a strong Recruiter. One student assistant as well I guess as well as a strength coach. Get those young ladies that want to be here and those that don't on the road and hit the court running and running and running!

I wanted Becky Hammond (who, BTW, is being considered for head coach of the Lakers), but once Kellie was named, I got behind “our coach”. But her husband as an assistant, I’m sorry, not right, not what it seems, not in the best interest of the team, it’s not going to work. Now it’s a bad choice. We appreciate Phil taking a couple of hours out of his days trying to keep Barnes from leaving, to interview and hire and introduce a Women’s coach. But this is just a plain ol’ put down of Kellie’s abilities.

Reactions: UTSuave’
But her husband as an assistant, I’m sorry, not right, not what it seems, not in the best interest of the team, it’s not going to work. Now it’s a bad choice.

It's also a direct violation of TN's anti-nepotism law. UT can spin it and create as many loopholes as they want, but it's a clear violation of that law no matter how much they deny it. Everyone knows that as an assistant coach, the head coach, his wife, will be his boss. I mean, she makes the call to hire him and fire him, and UT is gonna tell us she isn't his boss? lmao ok

Wasn't crazy about the idea of hubby being an assistant. But, after reading article, it seems to have worked for 15 yrs. so lets hope it works well on the hill. Looks like he did some good things at other schools.
GLV!
I agree with you about husband. I believe she needed superstar assistant coaches. He may be a good coach, but the product that they as a team have made has not be that stellar by Tennessee standards. I would much prefer that he be given another position within the lady vol program and give his spot to a proven offensive coordinator. Nevertheless, I hope that I am wrong and that he is exactly the right coach to help put the Lady Vols back on top. Is he smart enough to help Kellie outcoach Geno, McGraw, Tara, and others? I just worry because the conference that they played in was in no way an indicator that this coaching team can coach with the "big boys and girls."

It's also a direct violation of TN's anti-nepotism law. UT can spin it and create as many loopholes as they want, but it's a clear violation of that law no matter how much they deny it. Everyone knows that as an assistant coach, the head coach, his wife, will be his boss. I mean, she makes the call to hire him and fire him, and UT is gonna tell us she isn't his boss? lmao ok
So what? Goes on everywhere in the state government and higher education and has for 30 years. just because you don't like it does not mean will not happen. Weeklys been here for years and Kellie and Jon hopefully will as well. Ralph has not fired Karen yet ! Some folks always bitching about something!!

Here now do not accuse us of doing anything close to wrong. The fan base will attack you. But you are right. 100%.

Really? Everybody knows this?

Actually, no, he won’t report to Kellie. He will report to another member of the Athletic Department.

So what? Goes on everywhere in the state government and higher education and has for 30 years. just because you don't like it does not mean will not happen. Weeklys been here for years and Kellie and Jon hopefully will as well. Ralph has not fired Karen yet ! Some folks always bitching about something!!

Ralph and Karen are co Head Coaches. One isn’t above the other.

I wanted Becky Hammond (who, BTW, is being considered for head coach of the Lakers), but once Kellie was named, I got behind “our coach”. But her husband as an assistant, I’m sorry, not right, not what it seems, not in the best interest of the team, it’s not going to work. Now it’s a bad choice. We appreciate Phil taking a couple of hours out of his days trying to keep Barnes from leaving, to interview and hire and introduce a Women’s coach. But this is just a plain ol’ put down of Kellie’s abilities.
Plain put down of Kellies abilities? Are you trying to insinuate that Kellie was forced to hire her husband by Fulmer? Did the MO state AD force Kellie to hire her Husband?

Its worked well with the softball team.

I'm guessing hubby was her assistant at SW MOjo State too?
Yes, not only was hubby her assistant at MO State, but she also brought her 5 year old son and newborn daughter to every single game. By brought I mean they traveled WITH the team and the players were expected to help babysit. Not the best scenario when you’re trying to get in game mode or trying to catch up on homework and a baby is screaming or a 5 year old is begging for attention. Good luck with that.

Yes, not only was hubby her assistant at MO State, but she also brought her 5 year old son and newborn daughter to every single game. By brought I mean they traveled WITH the team and the players were expected to help babysit. Not the best scenario when you’re trying to get in game mode or trying to catch up on homework and a baby is screaming or a 5 year old is begging for attention. Good luck with that.
Time for Coach Harper to hire a nanny;):cool:

Special duties for Grad Assistant! lol

VN Store

Back