Happy when Dawn Staley is not

I'm pro anyone playing South Carolina or UConn. This was a fun night.
i see why missouri do not like south caroline . if you all recall vols vs south car. sec turnment our players did not like how rough and a time it look like the few players might got ejeted. i think sometimes south car. plays dirty

Her team will be even better next year so ok buddy whatever gets your rocks off. I would worry about your team making it past the second round next year JS.

@SCspur you know i have no problem with you defending your coach i have as well ... and what you say is truth. however since you and i both know that comment had a little shade to the truth let me provide my own

8>1

now back to our friendly respectful rivalry we have had 😁

SC/Stanford was a great game! Both were very good teams and deserving of the win. Certainly hope that CJH, staff and players have been watching, especially the play in the paint by everyone but especially the bigs. If so, then surly they saw how active they have been and the effort given as they went for shots and rebounds. Most of them actually got in the air, off their feet on both offense and defense. The difference we have seen last weekend and thus far today is effort and hustle, giving it their all. That's why they are where they are this weekend. Compare Key to any of them and they will be finishing the race while Key is trying to figure out which end of the floor she is supposed to be on. Lady Vols have a long way to go IMO to even being competitive in the SEC much less the NCAA.
Didn’t the LVs just finish 3rd in the SEC and defeat USC? So that is not competitive? You may want to retract that erroneous comment.

Your team is doing the same thing ours is and that’s sitting at home watching the championship game.
I don't see South Carolina ever being a dynasty. They will be really good, recruiting the way they are. However, Dawn Staley just doesn't scare me. She isn't a good enough coach. They remind me of LSU circa 1999-2008. Like I said earlier, they were lucky to get the 1 title they have. They would not have beaten UConn.

Reactions: NeedOrange
Vol fans help me understand the personal animosity toward Dawn and the SC WBB program. I understand the mutual fan rancor. But what has Dawn or the SC players done to warrant so much animosity from some (not all) LV fans. So she hung a banner you didn't like and you've made fun of it unmercifully. But what has Dawn said or done to the LV program? Has she not always been respectful towards the LV program, players and coaches? Has she not been respectful towards Pat Summitt and her legacy? Has she not called the LV program the gold standard in the SEC and WBB in general? Have her players been disrespectful in some way? Yes they play physical as is their style but they don't play dirty as one poster implied. If you have proof otherwise of what I have said please give it. I suspect I know the reason but I hope I'm wrong because I don't think that reason reflects well.

SC/Stanford was a great game! Both were very good teams and deserving of the win. Certainly hope that CJH, staff and players have been watching, especially the play in the paint by everyone but especially the bigs. If so, then surly they saw how active they have been and the effort given as they went for shots and rebounds. Most of them actually got in the air, off their feet on both offense and defense. The difference we have seen last weekend and thus far today is effort and hustle, giving it their all. That's why they are where they are this weekend. Compare Key to any of them and they will be finishing the race while Key is trying to figure out which end of the floor she is supposed to be on. Lady Vols have a long way to go IMO to even being competitive in the SEC much less the NCAA.

"Lady Vols have a long way to go IMO to even being competitive in the SEC much less the NCAA."

LVs were seeded third out of fourteen teams in SEC tourney this year, and justified their seeding by making the semi-finals. They beat SC and almost beat UConn. I'd say they're competitive already. If yuou mean "ready to claim the championship of the SEC", then no, theyre not there yet. Yet.

Vol fans help me understand the personal animosity toward Dawn and the SC WBB program. I understand the mutual fan rancor. But what has Dawn or the SC players done to warrant so much animosity from some (not all) LV fans. So she hung a banner you didn't like and you've made fun of it unmercifully. But what has Dawn said or done to the LV program? Has she not always been respectful towards the LV program, players and coaches? Has she not been respectful towards Pat Summitt and her legacy? Has she not called the LV program the gold standard in the SEC and WBB in general? Have her players been disrespectful in some way? Yes they play physical as is their style but they don't play dirty as one poster implied. If you have proof otherwise of what I have said please give it. I suspect I know the reason but I hope I'm wrong because I don't think that reason reflects well.
I was wondering the same thing. Great post.

I like her and support her and she has been nothing but gracious towards the LV program and Pat.

However, you know just as well as i do that not every fan has been gracious when they came in here as a visitor to our board. So when there was something that got stuck in their craw they held on to it. So while Dawn and her players have been respectful some of the visiting posters have NOT and i think that gets taken out on the team.

I am that other reason you are thinking and i can say i’m the first one to call people out for that reason but that banner ain’t it.

Reactions: mcannon1
Your team is doing the same thing ours is and that’s sitting at home watching the championship game.

At least we won a championship this year... wonder how long you gone stick around to win another lmaoooo

You know why they’re mad LOL! But my grandma always told me THE SAME DRAWLS YA GET MAD IN ARE THE SAME ONES YA GET GLAD IN!

You know why they’re mad LOL! But my grandma always told me THE SAME DRAWLS YA GET MAD IN ARE THE SAME ONES YA GET GLAD IN!

Honestly, you (fans) are one of the reasons Dawn gets shade. Your arrogance and in your face taunts turn people off on the whole program. SC fan character was on full display after your game. When Haley Jones left her side court interview after the game, she was boo'd by a considerable number of fans. I doubt Stanford fans would boo their star.

I don't think LV fans dislike Dawn. She used to be a diva but has grown out of it. The backlash is because no one likes fans of other teams coming to their forum and taunting them.

Last edited:
Honestly, you are one of the reasons Dawn gets shade. Your arrogance and in your face taunts turn people off on the whole program. SC fan character was on full display after your game. When Haley Jones left her side court interview after the game, she was boo'd by a considerable number of fans. I doubt Stanford fans would boo their star.

I don't think LV fans dislike Dawn. She used to be a diva but has grown out of it. The backlash is because no one likes fans of other teams coming to their forum and taunting them.
I understand the fan thing. I don't know about the Jones thing but if that happened (and I'm not saying it didn't) then as a Carolina fan I'm embarrassed. But why the personal attacks on Dawn? If Carolina fans are out of line on your board go after them or ban them. Why a thread "Happy when Dawn is not" instead of a thread "Happy when Carolina fans are not?"

Was right on TV for all to see. As far as this thread goes, it is his opinion. If you have issues with what certain posters say, provide a counter argument. There are things written in this forum all the time that shouldn't be. Posters are going to say things. It's a forum.

Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01
At least we won a championship this year... wonder how long you gone stick around to win another lmaoooo
Talking about the banner you dummies hung for not winning anything. That’s all that needs to be said.

I understand the fan thing. I don't know about the Jones thing but if that happened (and I'm not saying it didn't) then as a Carolina fan I'm embarrassed. But why the personal attacks on Dawn? If Carolina fans are out of line on your board go after them or ban them. Why a thread "Happy when Dawn is not" instead of a thread "Happy when Carolina fans are not?"

One other thing, there are no posters alone who speak for LV fans. I don't have a problem with Dawn and just because a poster writes something uncomplimentary, they are not speaking for me. So, please be careful about generalizations and the y'all claims. It is about the poster and those that like what they said.

VN Store

Back