Happy 4th of July!

God bless America and our founding fathers for standing up to tyranny and setting the framework for the first free society in the world!

Nice! I’m not too far from Jones Cove on the Sevier side of the county line. It’s a nice area out in there. Lived here my entire life.

Before my days are done, I plan to move back. Truly God's country out there. The old saying there's no place like home is accurate. No matter where I've lived, it's never been anything like east Tennessee.

this reminds me of one of our better "hold my beer" moments....we were having the typical 4th gathering at our house. All around the neighborhood you could hear the little pop and fizz of small fireworks, when my brother in law wanted to set off some "stronger"fireworks which we didn't have. Having consumed a few brews, we weren't going to drive anywhere to try to find some so he came up with an idea that he had saw at a previous place of employment.

We got a 39 gallon garbage bag, my oxygen & acetylene torches, a little duct tape and some paper towels, and proceeded to fill the bag with the O/A mixture....yeah you can see it coming can't you

so after we had the bag filled enough to balloon it out, it was sealed closed with the duct tape while the paper towels extended from the inside of the bag to the outside to serve as our "fuse". The concoction was tied off to the fence next to the pool (about 30 yards from the back of the house) and the paper towel fuse lit....
when that thing went off, the concussion was so strong we could literally feel it on the back porch and the noise was unbelievable....I don't think we broke any windows but it certainly rattled a few.
Used to get into mischief down in Greenback back in the day. We didn't any police there, and after I left for the Air Force, my running buddy set off a BIG one in the middle of town. He put some kind of explosive under one of those zinc coated 30-40 gallon trash cans. Witnesses said it went out of the glare of the street lights. I know that woke up a few folks! So.... is Butch"s house still empty?

VN Store

Back