Happy 4th of July!

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Anyone have any big plans this weekend? I'll be hanging around the house. I think we're planning to cook some ribs on the grill tomorrow and will probably spend some time by the pool with the family. Nothing too exciting, but I'm looking forward to it.

What is everyone else up to this holiday weekend? Any big plans? Food menus? Fireworks? etc.

Anyone have any big plans this weekend? I'll be hanging around the house. I think we're planning to cook some ribs on the grill tomorrow and will probably spend some time by the pool with the family. Nothing too exciting, but I'm looking forward to it.

What is everyone else up to this holiday weekend? Any big plans? Food menus? Fireworks? etc.
Gonna shoot some fireworks tomorrow night and throw down a few cold ones. Happy 4th everybody! Hope you guys keep all fingers and hands in tact this weekend

Gonna shoot some fireworks tomorrow night and throw down a few cold ones. Happy 4th everybody! Hope you guys keep all fingers and hands in tact this weekend
Nice! Have you bought the fireworks yet?

I’m curious what the average person spends on fireworks these days? I know I used to always spend way more than I planned to.

I’m curious what the average person spends on fireworks these days? I know I used to always spend way more than I planned to.
Very easy to spend spend spend om fireworks

Not yet, we don’t do anything big just enough to keep the crumb snatchers entertained lol I know they’ve got firework tents all over the place up here though

Reactions: Freak
First 4th I've had off in several years, and no fireworks anywhere😂. I'm gonna be packing, and getting my fishing stuff ready for next weekend, going on vacation.

Cold beer, burgers and dogs on the grill. Perhaps some porterhouse steaks as well.

Reactions: 0nelilreb and Freak
Tonight is our get together. We planned it several weeks ago for the 3rd to give us a rain date on the 4th. We will have a little cookout with about 25 people with mostly hot dogs and cold drinks. We'll do fireworks about 9:45, and we plan to shake the cul-de-sac with about a half dozen 500 gram Brothers' cakes and 96 Excalibur and Death Shells along with a bunch of smaller 200 gram cakes (of course it wouldn't be a show without at least 1 Tennessee Kicker). BTW, we only fly American flags here, and we have several. Have a fun and safe weekend, everybody!

We end up spending $500-$600 usually for the "big show" along with about $100 for the kids that come (sparklers, snap and pops, and a big Captain America parachute cake), but we take advantage of coupons at Fireworks Supermarket (spend $30 get 50% off a single item). Needless to say, we make several trips to take the best advantage. If anyone is ever around Poor Paul's in Spartanburg, SC, he has great prices compared to the Knoxville area.

Reactions: BigDave and Freak

VN Store

Back