Happy 4th of July!

Anyone have any big plans this weekend? I'll be hanging around the house. I think we're planning to cook some ribs on the grill tomorrow and will probably spend some time by the pool with the family. Nothing too exciting, but I'm looking forward to it.

What is everyone else up to this holiday weekend? Any big plans? Food menus? Fireworks? etc.

I‘m a little disappointed that you don’t have any nuclear devices this year..

Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. Always catch the fireworks. Remember being on vacation one year enroute Yellowstone National Park from Fort Worth, Texas. We were traveling through prairie land USA but made sure we stopped off along the way to watch the fireworks in Salina, Kansas. Not a big display but a lot of nice people. Can't go downtown Nashville this year so it is more difficult. There are a few around Nashville outside of Davidson County. I'll travel if I need to. Likely go to Murfreesboro. Kids are all grown now and married and all here in Nashville. Smoking brisket,making homemade potato salad, my mother's baked bean recipe, and my grandmother's old fashioned apple cobbler with ice cream. Happy Independence Day Volnation!

Tonight is our get together. We planned it several weeks ago for the 3rd to give us a rain date on the 4th. We will have a little cookout with about 25 people with mostly hot dogs and cold drinks. We'll do fireworks about 9:45, and we plan to shake the cul-de-sac with about a half dozen 500 gram Brothers' cakes and 96 Excalibur and Death Shells along with a bunch of smaller 200 gram cakes (of course it wouldn't be a show without at least 1 Tennessee Kicker). BTW, we only fly American flags here, and we have several. Have a fun and safe weekend, everybody!
Peerless... take a stick of dynamite to the center of the cul-de-sac lite it off, and blow out everyone's front windows and call it a nite... Better yet I read Butches house is abandoned...

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Cornbread and a glass of milk. Wife watching "That Touch of Mink" and im pouring Jig heads. Happy Forth to all.

Reactions: StarRaider
American buddy owns a bar in my town and we're kicking off a party there in about 2 hours. Mom sent a few packs of cornbread mix (hard to get proper ingredients here), so I thought I'd spread some freedom through food. Can't buy many fireworks here so it'll just be a good bbq environment with a bit of live music.

Peerless... take a stick of dynamite to the center of the cul-de-sac lite it off, and blow out everyone's front windows and call it a nite... Better yet I read Butches house is abandoned...

this reminds me of one of our better "hold my beer" moments....we were having the typical 4th gathering at our house. All around the neighborhood you could hear the little pop and fizz of small fireworks, when my brother in law wanted to set off some "stronger"fireworks which we didn't have. Having consumed a few brews, we weren't going to drive anywhere to try to find some so he came up with an idea that he had saw at a previous place of employment.

We got a 39 gallon garbage bag, my oxygen & acetylene torches, a little duct tape and some paper towels, and proceeded to fill the bag with the O/A mixture....yeah you can see it coming can't you

so after we had the bag filled enough to balloon it out, it was sealed closed with the duct tape while the paper towels extended from the inside of the bag to the outside to serve as our "fuse". The concoction was tied off to the fence next to the pool (about 30 yards from the back of the house) and the paper towel fuse lit....
when that thing went off, the concussion was so strong we could literally feel it on the back porch and the noise was unbelievable....I don't think we broke any windows but it certainly rattled a few.

It has been 6 years since all of our kids have been home all at the same time, well that changes this week!! Time to grill, hang out by the pool, and ride our horses! Oh, and the boys will be shooting turtles by the pond!

Happy 4th of July VolNation!!

GBO

Reactions: Freak
Happy 4th VolNation!

God Bless America, and God Blessed ME as I am ACTUALLY IN TENNESSEE for the 4th...first time since games last season.

Enjoyed breakfast @Loveless Cafe yesterday, drove around “The greenest State in the Land of the FREE!” Johnny Cash Museum...Enjoying Nashville, construction, masks and ALL!

God Bless America!

VN Store

Back