Halzle on Nico, per Wes Rucker

Most of us have never been asked to do so either. Most of us have been asked to manage other people’s money, do their plumbing, teach their kids, etc. And a lot of that came when we were fresh out of school. But we were expected to do what we were asked. If we did not perform, it meant our asses. I am not against holding these young men to that same standard. In today’s society, the younger generation is pampered too much, in my opinion. Neyland, Bryant, several of these older guys would not be able to coach today. But they will be remembered forever, and several others won’t. Times are changing, sure, but that doesn’t mean it’s for the better.
I agree that the youth is pampered...my issue comes in with the personal hate towards JM....when it comes to work, how often does Joe Blow with no experience have valid input for a person who is near the top of the field...damn near never.some here have had it out for JM for 3 years..I point out in another thread JM is given a uncatchable % of 16.5. HH was 16.4...

Reactions: MemphisVol77
If it's the age of offense, then why were 21 points enough to win 25 of the 30 games played they played, and 14 points were enough to win 20 of the 30 games played for the national champion the last 2 years?
Because they play teams like Kent, vandy, and Samford. How many did they average though?

I agree that the youth is pampered...my issue comes in with the personal hate towards JM....when it comes to work, how often does Joe Blow with no experience have valid input for a person who is near the top of the field...damn near never.some here have had it out for JM for 3 years..I point out in another thread JM is given a uncatchable % of 16.5. HH was 16.4...

Criticism of performance and ability =/= 'Hate'

He's a 6th year player, in his third season under Heupel, why are your expectations for his performance so low?

Joe should have a pretty low uncatchable rate considering that he's throwing at or behind the LOS this season, so trying to compare the uncatchability of his throws to Hooker is pretty disingenuous given that Hooker was throwing the majority of his passes downfield.

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL and Woke
he's not going to say thing that is contrary to what Josh thinks. he's not going risk some type of controversy.

Mike Hamilton has been in charge of something this high level - did that make him good at it? Your argument is as weak as it gets.

You may have missed this, but there are people on this planet who excel at everything they do. It’s not theory; it’s a principle of psychology. There’s even a personality type ascribed to these people in the Enneagram system. I happen to be that type. I don’t even take on new hobbies because I like being the best at whatever I do.

I have excelled at the highest level at two different careers, and even at a job I did for a few years before my career took off. I have an advanced degree from an Ivy League university you couldn’t get into, and I went there when I was broke i.e. entirely on merit.

You know zilch about how I would do in such a role, because you don’t know me.
Pseudoscience doesn't win football games. But go on babbling about how smart you are because you're the golden goose of one of Jung's aborted pet theories!

If my hobby for the last 20 years was watching brick layers do their job, yeah I think I could say if one year someone was laying brick poorly.

Reactions: TikiVol
This place will be on fire after the USCjr game. I think people will realize we’re back to losing against the middle of the road teams. Vandy is the only SEC game I’d bet on based on this season so far. And if they play like they did against AP, it could be a dogfight too.

Reactions: barryrules99
I mean...I can see what he means. The problem isn't Joe. The interception was, yes. But, the WRs not catching, the OL not blocking (biggest concern), and the playcalling (probably a result of the OL not blocking) are the biggest issues. Joe isn't the brightest guy at clock management and situational stuff, but Nico likely wouldn't be an improvement unless the other things got fixed.

The biggest addition and I think change for our team will be when Cooper Mays goes back. We need him 100% in a big way.
From what I saw, that INT was about 98% on the receiver.

I mean your stats here are just total BS. Stats can work in your favor or against you. As far as that uncatchable percentage, I’ve got one for you… Show throws 35% of his passes behind the line of scrimmage. Last year with hooker it was 11%. So essentially hooker only through one out of 10 scream passes. Milton is throwing more than one out of three. So the play calls are helping Milton’s numbers. But the point is… just watch the games. If you can’t recognize that he’s not a good passer of the football then I don’t know what to tell you. There were 5 shots today to wide open wrs today and he hit 0. He did compete one deep ball to keyton. I didn’t include that play in the five because it wasn’t wide open. Milton made a good throw on that play and Keyton made a great catch.

But we have to complete a higher percentage of passes to open receivers to be a good team. Seems like that would be common sense to any fan.

Also, nobody “hates” Milton. That’s ridiculous. Nobody is trashing his character. People are pointing out the same thing that I said… He’s just not a very good passer and we’re never going to be a great offense with him at the helm.

Criticism of performance and ability =/= 'Hate'

He's a 6th year player, in his third season under Heupel, why are your expectations for his performance so low?

Joe should have a pretty low uncatchable rate considering that he's throwing at or behind the LOS this season, so trying to compare the uncatchability of his throws to Hooker is pretty disingenuous given that Hooker was throwing the majority of his passes downfield.
Hooker threw a ton of screen passes too. That’s part of the offense and part of what allows us to get WRs running free on defensive miscommunications.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Oregon 42 - 6 Colorado

Which Ivy League school’s alma mater do you sing?
You do realize this is his first year there and he already beat a playoff team and tripled last year’s win total? Kind of silly to gloat over a loss as though he is failing. He’s not.

Last edited:
You do realize this is his first year there and he already beat a playoff team and tripled last year’s win total? Kind of silly to gloat over a loss as though he is failing. He’s not.
Earlier, you posted of your matriculation at an Ivy League school. Please, which did you attend? And, if your alma mater is an Ivy League school, what brings you to our Tennessee Volunteers message board?

Yeah remember a few years ago everyone wanted Bailey in the game and how did that work out.
We also wanted Hooker in 2021 and how did that turn out?

Hooker wasn't a freshman, but I'm tired of you morons acting like a true freshman can't play.

Ainge, Bray and Dobbs all three balled out as true freshmen. Stop acting like it's impossible!!!!!!!!!!! It's absolutely maddening. You don't know until you try him!!!!

We paid 6 million dollars for Nico and he has had zero real opportunities to show what he has this year because Milton is too weak to blow out these bad teams fast enough.

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
There are dumb statements on forums, and then there's this. Congratulations on typing the most nonsensical lie that has ever been posted on this forum.

Go ahead and explain what I had to do with hiring Lane Kiffin, or Derek Dooley, or Butch Jones, or Jeremy Pruitt. I didn't want any of them. I also didn't want an unproven coach whose biggest job was UCF and whose record at said school had declined each year he was there.

I promise you if I were in charge, it would have been fixed long ago because I would not have hired a clown. I would have hired someone who could do the job.
Please enlighten me. What is your expertise in all things sports management related. You seem to be superior in our knowledge than anyone else here on this board. Life is deep, but yours seems unfortunately shallow. I dont what your level of personal success might be, it seems to have left you a bit empty.

Hooker wasn't a freshman, but I'm tired of you morons acting like a true freshman can't play.

Ainge, Bray and Dobbs all three balled out as true freshmen. Stop acting like it's impossible!!!!!!!!!!! It's absolutely maddening. You don't know until you try him!!!!

We paid 6 million dollars for Nico and he has had zero real opportunities to show what he has this year because Milton is too weak to blow out these bad teams fast enough.
We?

45-14 ? Whew that was a close one.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Yeah remember a few years ago everyone wanted Bailey in the game and how did that work out.
Run a roll call of all the ppl that wanted Bailey and you will hear crickets. They deny when it don't work out its a easy stance.

VN Store

Back