Halzle on Nico, per Wes Rucker

I mean...I can see what he means. The problem isn't Joe. The interception was, yes. But, the WRs not catching, the OL not blocking (biggest concern), and the playcalling (probably a result of the OL not blocking) are the biggest issues. Joe isn't the brightest guy at clock management and situational stuff, but Nico likely wouldn't be an improvement unless the other things got fixed.

The biggest addition and I think change for our team will be when Cooper Mays goes back. We need him 100% in a big way.

If you’re still trying to win games, Milton is the best option. He’s not a precision passer by any means, but he’s got home run throws in him. His best throws are when he heaves it down field. He’ll miss on a lot of these, but he’ll also land 3 or 4 a game, which usually results in 3-4 TD’s.

If it gets to a point where you’re out of championship contention, maybe it’s best to go with the Freshman. But if anyone is expecting Nico to be like Hooker this season, that ain’t happening. 18 year old true Freshman Hendon Hooker wasn’t even remotely close to 2022 Tennessee Hendon Hooker.

If you’re still trying to win games, Milton is the best option. He’s not a precision passer by any means, but he’s got home run throws in him. His best throws are when he heaves it down field. He’ll miss on a lot of these, but he’ll also land 3 or 4 a game, which usually results in 3-4 TD’s.

If it gets to a point where you’re not still trying to win a championship, maybe it’s best to go with the Freshman. But if anyone is expecting Nico to be like Hooker this season, that ain’t happening. 18 year old true Freshman Hendon Hooker wasn’t even remotely close to 2022 Tennessee Hendon Hooker.
Dang man, you keep making such good posts for a Gator! ;)

Well he is not wrong..... Milton graded the highest of any player this past weekend. People really hate the guy so much that they will overlook the defense giving up a million 3rd and longs in the first half.

Throwing it in the dirt on 4th and 6 is the way to go. It’s almost like running out of bounds on 4th down when the game is on the line.

Milton is one of many glaring issues on this offense at the moment, but Halzle can't expect anyone who has watched the three games worth of tape this season, to believe that what they watched was a 6th year senior QB, in his third season under Heupel, "operating at a really high level".

Well he is not wrong..... Milton graded the highest of any player this past weekend. People really hate the guy so much that they will overlook the defense giving up a million 3rd and longs in the first half.

i hear 'ya and this is so tiring. it wasn't milton's fault we lost that game. everybody loves the 2nd string qb when things get tough. learn from it and move on.

Not sure where the upside would be for Halzle to say " Milton sucks, Vol Nation is 100 percent right ".

Having lived through the abomination that was the Guarantano era, I'm all for QB changes if warranted. Milton isn't great by any stretch of the imagination, but he isn't the only problem with the offense.

Having the OC dress down the QB to the press is counter productive though.

Y'all are all making fun of him for saying it but he's absolutely right putting the underweight true freshman in with the OL that can't block isn't going to be better. OL is by far issue #1 on the offense and WR has been 2nd. Sure I guess Milton is #3 cause RB is the only group left and they've been good

Reactions: davethevol

VN Store

Back