Halloween Uniforms for upcoming USCe game 2019

I like stuff like this and the early 70s road unis for Homecoming. Kind of a salute to the heritage of Tennessee football.

I think those uniforms were worn after deaths within the program. Bill Majors, Bob Jones, and Charlie Rash. Or did they just add a black cross to the helmets over the T?

2019-gamer-fix-1024x1020.jpg

1963 Uni's

We could go all orange and they could go all black.

Hell I’d be ok if we painted a black and orange pumpkin on the 50... not like they ever paint the damn T.

That was an unfortunate look.
Yep.....Looks like somebody forgot to pack the game jerseys, (been known to happen),...and we had to borrow Vandy, Georgia., or South Carolina's alternate jerseys. I've always been sort of partial to the Orange and White.

Had to look it up and can understand how you know what that is. I watch real football and care less about the uniforms.

Real football? Since when has "real football" been our program? The 20th century? Enjoy watching. To me, real football went away with this targeting rule. Aside from the Vols, most games get turned off every time I hear a ref say that word. But maybe that is just me. I seriously doubt it.

With orange helmets and black Power T's they would've looked awesome. Hey, I'm all for tradition...black cleats, white socks, mullets, whatever...you know, let's not let B!tch Jones wreck the idea of a little innovation for fun. We're still interested in drawing recruits and maintaining fan involvement, right? Changing up the unis within the traditional requirements is fun and interesting to fans and recruits. Get just a little crazy CJP.

I liked the smoky uniforms and the helmets were nice as well, the mountain in the background looked good

I think those uniforms were worn after deaths within the program. Bill Majors, Bob Jones, and Charlie Rash. Or did they just add a black cross to the helmets over the T?
That was in 1965 after Tennessee tied a strong Alabama team 7-7 on the TSIO. Coaches Majors, Jones, and Rash were killed when their car was struck by a train on the following Monday morning.

The uniforms in the picture appeared only in 1963.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
That was your original comment, not mine. But by all means bring on the rhinestone bedazzled, LED light cleats.
I was refering to the first reply of yours where you indicated that black cleats were correct. My comment was to keep the uniforms is school colors other than on 10/31 games where a black and orange uni was acceptable. Nice straw man though.

I was refering to the first reply of yours where you indicated that black cleats were correct. My comment was to keep the uniforms is school colors other than on 10/31 games where a black and orange uni was acceptable. Nice straw man though.
You left out the part about the black cleats. Your opinion. My opinion. Really didn't intend to start a pi**ing contest. Peace :)

Geeze, guys are a zillion times worse than women when it comes to uniforms!

The players loved it, I'm pretty sure I remembering the fans loving it, and it was fun, which I keep thinking is supposed to be at least part of sports.

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321

VN Store

Back