Gus Malzahn

Nope. We would have won with average qb play against them. He would get us all the way to an ok team. I don’t want to start over for that.

Absolutely neither one of them! With all the negative crap on this site about Pruitt and the program, would you decline consideration of UT?
Yea the coaches all follow Vol Nation and Pruitt handle is Vol123Punt.. he comes here and sunshine pumps..

Reactions: Godfatha
NO....Why Settle? If you are going to replace Pruitt you better hire somebody better than Malzhan or Freeze...It needs to be somebody big....These are Wash Rinse and Repeat Guys... Hell I would Hire Joe Brady before these has beens....

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Of course this means no Freeze, et al.

Let me reply this way ..... Would you take Muschamp if he wanted the job ? Would you take Fulmer if he wanted the job ? Would you take Cutcliff if he wanted the job ? Would you take Randy Sanders if he wanted the job ? Would you take Butch Jones if he wanted the job ?

Call back when you have the name of someone that would be an upgrade please.

He would be a quality hire.
He ticks each of the boxes praised by the people wanting Freeze.
He ticks each of the boxes praised by the people wanting Freeze, except inviting an NCAA prostate exam.
His offense has been figured out (Freeze comparison again).
He has beaten Saban when he has no business beating Saban.
He has gotten as far as Kirby Smart, with far less team talent.
He might actually look at our situation as being an easier place to coach (in the East).

Mostly positive reasons to hire him.

He beat saban

More than you can say about the last 4 coaches.

yes, I know, Jones but let’s be honest Barnett won that game.

He would be a quality hire.
He ticks each of the boxes praised by the people wanting Freeze.
He ticks each of the boxes praised by the people wanting Freeze, except inviting an NCAA prostate exam.
His offense has been figured out (Freeze comparison again).
He has beaten Saban when he has no business beating Saban.
He has gotten as far as Kirby Smart, with far less team talent.
He might actually look at our situation as being an easier place to coach (in the East).

Mostly positive reasons to hire him.

No, just no - he may be the only guy I know with less charisma than Pruitt, he couldn't recruit a quarterback, he was going to spiral downward. Their recruiting was way off this year. Hard pass.

VN Store

Back