Gun control debate (merged)

Yet nobody has been able to explain why it was a bad conflation.

Because it's like comparing apples to garage doors?

You asked a stupid question about why gun owners hate unions. Didn't really get the answer you were looking for and the thread drifted. Conversation turned into a discussion on unions that's probably worthy of its own thread minus the gun owner question.

The two are completely unrelated...

Yet nobody has been able to explain why it was a bad conflation.

And for the last time (if you can't be bothered to answer then I don't want to hear a word about anybody owing you anything in the way of explanation) are you greenlighting the threat/use of deadly force against civilian employers as a viable means of negotiation?

Because it's like comparing apples to garage doors?

You asked a stupid question about why gun owners hate unions. Didn't really get the answer you were looking for and the thread drifted. Conversation turned into a discussion on unions that's probably worthy of its own thread minus the gun owner question.

The two are completely unrelated...

This.

Unions were corrupt laundering operations for the mafia and now service the Dem party. Only a naive sucker would ever join a union
Sometimes you don't have a choice. But as I said before, all 'laws' do is set a minimum. We have a saying in aviation (it's a joke, but somewhat true) "If minimums weren't good enough, they wouldn't be minimums". If there weren't collective bargaining agents, then corporations would only do the minimum required for its' workers. How does that increase the QOL for Americans?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
If I’m negotiating a collectively bargained contract as a union rep, I’m expressly excluding non-striking employees from any contractual benefits. If the employer chooses to pay the non-union employees the same or more, then that is their prerogative.
LOL How do you do that? Have you ever been around any scabs? Their life at work sucks from the moment they cross a picket line. I am not saying at all that I condone the activity/treatment, but no one in their right mind crosses a picket line.

Sometimes you don't have a choice. But as I said before, all 'laws' do is set a minimum. We have a saying in aviation (it's a joke, but somewhat true) "If minimums weren't good enough, they wouldn't be minimums". If there weren't collective bargaining agents, then corporations would only do the minimum required for its' workers. How does that increase the QOL for Americans?

LOL you couldn’t be more wrong.

As hard as it is to find good dependable employees employers have to make themselves attractive with good benefits and working conditions.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
LOL How do you do that? Have you ever been around any scabs? Their life at work sucks from the moment they cross a picket line. I am not saying at all that I condone the activity/treatment, but no one in their right mind crosses a picket line.

I’ve crossed a few picket lines as a vendor and made it clear if they touched the equipment or employees we would run them over. Union picketers are a lot like outlaw bikers, they are pussies deep down.

Cool. So the company can choose to only hire non union workers and eliminate the more expensive overpaid union employees? If the union was so necessary everyone would want to join, right?
I really don't think he understands the magnitude of what he's saying. The evil corporation has the audacity to pay someone else the same salary and benefits that the union agreed to at some point in the past... their also going to make sure they follow the same safety guidelines to help protect those non-union workers.

Look at how evil the corporation/employer is. The least they could have done was deflate the wages and made the work environment more dangerous.

LOL you couldn’t be more wrong.

As hard as it is to find good dependable employees employers have to make themselves attractive with good benefits and working conditions.
Hey don't get me wrong, I hate being in a union. I have spent thousands of dollars in dues over the years. They have their place though.

It really comes down to the industry I guess. I know that non-union carriers make a lot less than I for the same job, and their benefits/working conditions are not as good. Is that solely a function of the union? Nah. But they have been able to improve things over the years. Of course when the company can push the nuke button it invalidates all the previous work.

What you refer to though is being in an industry where there is a shortage of workers. I have no idea if you are talking about skilled or unskilled labor either and that makes a difference as well. When kids are out spending $100K on a poetry degree instead of learning to weld, well.. there is going to be a dearth of welders and they will cost a premium to attract. Econ 101 I guess.... But maybe those baristas need a union to keep from being paid minimum wage. Of course the Xiden administration might just negate THAT need as well... Again, I hate the need, but there sometimes is.

I’ve crossed a few picket lines as a vendor and made it clear if they touched the equipment or employees we would run them over. Union picketers are a lot like outlaw bikers, they are pussies deep down.
That's not the same thing.

Did it once at a plant I was visting when I was green. Dude walks up and yells at me thinking I was a scab...lol

Reactions: hog88
Did it once at a plant I was visting when I was green. Dude walks up and yells at me thinking I was a scab...lol

When the Peterbilt plant in Madison, TN went on strike late 90s/early 2000s I thought I was going to get a chance to bag me union boy once. SOB threw a rock at my window.

Reactions: Orangeburst
As I understand it you weren't, so they were out of line, but emotions run pretty high at those times. But I could be wrong. Thank God I have never had to experience that.

No, we were there to work on the paint room exhaust system systems. Peterbilt and Perrelli tire is a good lesson for unions, the unions lead to the closing of both factories putting thousands out of good paying jobs.

Reactions: McDad

VN Store

Back