Gun control debate (merged)

7fda1175701da9f0.png

You're aware that many guns were classified as "pre-ban" and possession of them was still allowed. AWB pertained mainly to new production. So why would there be a spike if the guns had been around for the previous decade? Were there just piles of angsty teens waiting for the moment a federal law sunset so they could finally shoot someone?
They didn't start overnight. There began an uptick.

More came to market, so people started buying them. Now everyone and their brother owns an AR-15. I didnt know a single person who owned an AR-15 in the 90s.

Now we have mass shootings every month.

More came to market, so people started buying them. Now everyone and their brother owns an AR-15. I didnt know a single person who owned an AR-15 in the 90s.

With rifles ???? Dude , did you not read the mass shooting info I provided for you ? You are mixing up firearms on purpose to try and push an agenda that’s not supported by facts .

E48788F3-86F9-445E-BA2A-C0EFA2B910DA.jpeg
in case you missed it 👆🏼

So you aren't aware that per FBI data rifles of ALL types account for fewer homicides than no weapons at all, as in literally punched/kicked to death?

And I knew plenty of people with AR's in the 90's.

Last edited:

no we don't....and not by AR-15s anyway...and just because you don't know anyone who had one doesnt mean they didnt

This year has been unprecedented with regards to a pressure cooker stress level on the population. How many mass shootings have we had?

So you aren't aware that per FBI data rifles of ALL types account for fewer homicides than no weapons at all, as in literally punched/kicked to death?

And I knew plenty of people with AR's in the 90's.
I had one in the 80s.

Edit:
My dad had one. I didn’t until 1990.

Why did we need an AWB if no one owned them?

Why did we need an AWB if no one owned them?

Because the grabbers , the progressives , the media and the liberals believed it would be the easiest one to get banned . Relatively low ownership and there’s no way in hell they could get a ban on pistols , other rifles or shot guns . Their ideology backfired and made the AR platform iconic and made every gun owner want one . The best way to guarantee a products success in the US is ban it so people can get it for a while . ( imo
)

Last edited:

Lol. I was born in '89. I learned I dont like AR15s in the 90s. Always felt like a toy to me.

You obviously didn't walk through the doors of any gun stores in the 90's.

Reactions: StarRaider
“a look at the FBI data informs us that homicide with these types of rifles represents an extremely small fraction of overall homicide violence. Banning or confiscating such firearms from the civilian population would likely produce little to no reduction in violent crime rates in America.“
Yes but imagine the feels. The feels would be tremendous.

Yes but imagine the feels. The feels would be tremendous.

That’s all it is. Look at Canada. They already have magazine restrictions but their supreme leader decided to ban the scary looking guns after someone went on a shooting spree with a handgun. It’s ok to have a semi auto hunting rifle as long as it basically has a wooden stock but a .22 that looks scary is now banned.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
You uncouth heathen. It’s actually an amazing modular platform. Depending on buildout the same receiver can result in two completely different purposed firearms.
Which is why it always felt like a toy. I understand and appreciate what it does, I just dont like it. Especially since everyone I pick up always feels "loose" compared to other guns.

The tacticool stuff also make it more of a toy than a tool imo.

I want a gun that at least feels like I can pistol/butt whip a fool with a keep using. ARs seem like something would fall off. Not actually something I have seen, just the impression I have from handling and firing them.

I am a big believer in the "feel" of a gun, and so far ARs always feel off for me.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
Which is why it always felt like a toy. I understand and appreciate what it does, I just dont like it. Especially since everyone I pick up always feels "loose" compared to other guns.

The tacticool stuff also make it more of a toy than a tool imo.

I want a gun that at least feels like I can pistol/butt whip a fool with a keep using. ARs seem like something would fall off. Not actually something I have seen, just the impression I have from handling and firing them.

I am a big believer in the "feel" of a gun, and so far ARs always feel off for me.
An AR is like a Glock. There is nothing sexy about it but it's a platform that works and can be outfitted for many roles. I don't own one but I can see the appeal, the platform allows you to build up any sort of rig you want to fit the purpose you have.

That’s all it is. Look at Canada. They already have magazine restrictions but their supreme leader decided to ban the scary looking guns after someone went on a shooting spree with a handgun. It’s ok to have a semi auto hunting rifle as long as it basically has a wooden stock but a .22 that looks scary is now banned.

Canada has some really F'd up gun restrictions. I was planning a hiking trip 10 years ago in the backcountry of BC and Alberta. For obvious reasons, I wanted to have my pistol with me. After a few phone calls and emails with the RCMP, they actually asked me why I would need such a firearm (a 1911 compact).

VN Store

Back