Gun control debate (merged)

I own a gun and don't have an irrational fear of it. I have a sober understanding of the implications of America's current gun laws and am OK with changing them.
However a huge number of people aren’t. Go read up on the number of states putting protections in place for constitutional carry as well as blocking fed over reach. This topic is not trending in a direction you’re gonna like.

You’re shooting blanks. Go read Scalia’s break down on the Heller ruling and look for phrases related to prefatory and operative clauses
I've read the opinion. But that's what it is..... an opinion. Narrow majority opinion carried that day, but opinions can change in the future. Our entire system of judicial interpretation hinges on the changing opinions of old lawyers wearing barbershop gowns.

I've read the opinion. But that's what it is..... an opinion. Narrow majority opinion carried that day, but opinions can change in the future. Our entire system of judicial interpretation hinges on the changing opinions of old lawyers wearing barbershop gowns.
Lol! It’s the only opinion that matters in the case. The majority opinion of the SCOTUS ruling. And right now you’re not positioned well to change it. Care to make a bet on how court packing turns out?

You should be more worried about scary ole ACB coming after one of your bastions of murder, Roe v. Wade.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I see gun control as an acceptable public safety measure and not authoritarian control. Lots of other countries have already shown that it works. I dont expect I'm gonna change your minds. Just voicing my opinions on the matter while I kill time until kickoff.

Same .. accept I see you as someone who would gladly give away your rights as well as mine , for what in your mind equates to acceptable safety measures . It’s truly a shame that people who think as you do are so willing to give away to the government something you’ll never get back regardless of the reason . I feel like some rights are wasted on you , in the fact that I’ll stand up for your rights while you are trying to give them away . Thank god our FF were so intelligent and had foresight .

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
My point is that a government can twist and restrict the holy 2nd amendment when it wants to. We interned Japanese American citizens during WW2. Do you think the 2nd Amendment saved them? When the full might of the US government moves against you, the 2nd Amendment is only useful as toilet paper.
You are arguing to empower the 2nd amendment. None of the rights protected the Japanese. You are making our argument for a weaker federal government.

I swear so many of our “lawyers” make some of the worst damn arguments on here.
Again it's the circular argument of: the government can give itself more power, the government gives itself more power, the government is right to give itself more power, the government can give itself more power.....

VN Store

Back