Gun control debate (merged)

I'll speak for myself. (only me) The first "debate" I participated in when I first came to the PF was in this thread. I had absolutely no clue the gun crowd was made up of such zealots. I quickly learned that they allowed no room for reasonable and rational debate and actions and that there was nothing that could be said to change that.
To me it looked and sounded like this:
You ask a guy at the dinner table to please pass the salt.
He responds, "No way! Today you ask me to pass the salt, tomorrow you will be asking me to wash your dishes, and it will never stop until you have me working as your slave."
When you walk away from the dinner table, you can't help but think that the guy is absolutely insane.
So how about the left's refusal to pass the voter ID salt?

GRUNDY COUNTY SHERIFF SUPPORTS GUN SANCTUARIES

GRUNDY COUNTY SHERIFF SUPPORTS GUN SANCTUARIES

GRUNDY COUNTY, Tenn. (WDEF) — Grundy County could soon become a gun sanctuary and the sheriff says he supports that idea.

Changes could soon becoming to Grundy County. The County Commission is deciding on whether it will be a gun sanctuary.

Over at the Sheriff’s Office, Sheriff Clint Shrum thinks it is a good idea.

“I think a resolution to become a gun sanctuary let’s our citizens know that we are committed to protecting their rights. It is not a law. It is a resolution and Grundy County has resolved to do that for our citizens,” Sheriff Shrum said.

Sheriff Shrum says when he was elected in 2014, he took an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of Tennessee.

He says recently the second amendment has been under attack.

“I think people have the right to protect themselves and protect their property and their families lives. It goes past just wearing a firearm, bearing a firearm and wearing a firearm is two different things. And when people start attacking the Second Amendment right to take away your ability to possess a firearm, then sheriffs are the front lines of protecting those rights for their citizens,” he said.

Sheriff Shrum is optimistic this will go through.

“Nobody has voiced any opposition from the county commission. So that excites me, not only as the sheriff, but as a resident of this county,” he said.

The Grundy County Commission will vote on whether to become a gun sanctuary on Monday night.

Read the linked article before you contemplate writing that next check to the NRA. It may change your mind. They’ll not get one more penny from me until they make a drastic change.

NRA 2A Compromise

Donate to firearms policy coalition or gun owners of america they do much more for 2A rights than the nra

Last edited:

Even with a "Smart" gun, another bs term made up somewhere, never point a gun at anything you arent willing to shoot. Unloaded? Point at the ground or sky. Safety on? pointed at the ground or sky. Never look down the business end of the barrel you are cleaning. Etc.

Sounds like one of those "accidental discharges" that was really someone being dumb.

Even with a "Smart" gun, another bs term made up somewhere, never point a gun at anything you arent willing to shoot. Unloaded? Point at the ground or sky. Safety on? pointed at the ground or sky. Never look down the business end of the barrel you are cleaning. Etc.

Sounds like one of those "accidental discharges" that was really someone being dumb.
When my dad got me a single shot .22 bolt action Remington at my young age of 5, and started me out shooting, he stressed 4 things repeatedly.
1) Don't point that at anything you don't intend to shoot.
2) Keep your finger out of the trigger guard until you are ready to fire.
3) Always be aware of what is in the line of sight behind what you are shooting at.
4) All guns are loaded, even the ones that aren't.

VN Store

Back