Gun control debate (merged)

Any that pertains to the only place in the constitution where it says .. the right to keep and bare arm( s) shall not be infringed upon .
????? I don't understand your point.
My question is "are any safety regulations placed on the manufacture of guns constitutional?"

????? I don't understand your point.
My question is "are any safety regulations placed on the manufacture of guns constitutional?"

I don’t care about the gun manufacturers. They have the government to protect them . I can only worry about my rights granted to me by the 2a , that I already have in place . The 2a has nothing to do with the manufacturing of firearms . That’s a whole different lawsuit you’ll have to bring before the SOTUS .

Last edited:
You can continue as if it's all black and white with no grey area, but it's just not true.
Speaking of black and white, the abuse of black people early in our country's history is a perfect example of why society fails at limiting rights. Even the founders didn't practice all men are created equal with inalienable rights. Why? Because some of society (even influential folks) deemed black people limited from their rights. Infringement was acceptable in society. Was that just?

I'm sorry your "reasonable" position is crumbling. But my rights are black and white. I either possess them or i do not. And thankfully because society is fickle, society does not get to decide my rights or yours.

Welcome to America.

I'm trying to walk you guys to a place where you can actually see the point.
So carrying a gun in your hand is not the same as being armed? Interesting.
So the two are rightfully viewed and perceived differently? Even more interesting.
No it’s not the same. Don’t be dense. You said you were afraid of people simply having a firearm in plain view which is irrational

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Yes the Germans have given into the fact that the government knows what’s best for them as a society ... AGAIN
We have far more government oversight and regulation than Haiti or Somalia.
We have far greater restrictions and regulations on tobacco and alcohol consumption than does Germany. I guess we've placed greater confidence in our government to know what's best for us than has Germany.

I don’t care about the gun manufacturers. They have the government to protect them . I can only worry about my rights granted to me by the 2a , that I already have in place . The 2a has nothing to do with the manufacturing of firearms . That’s a whole different law suite you’ll have to bring before the SOTUS .
Restrictions on the capabilities. Manufacturing issue or 2a issue?

We have far more government oversight and regulation than Haiti or Somalia.
We have far greater restrictions and regulations on tobacco and alcohol consumption than does Germany. I guess we've placed greater confidence in our government to know what's best for us than has Germany.

We are a huge country and can’t begin to be compared to any of those , and yet we still have more freedoms and less historical tyranny that they do . Because we have placed less trust in our government and actually have a document in place that keeps our government at bay .

Speaking of black and white, the abuse of black people early in our country's history is a perfect example of why society fails at limiting rights. Even the founders didn't practice all men are created equal with inalienable rights. Why? Because some of society (even influential folks) deemed black people limited from their rights. Infringement was acceptable in society. Was that just?

I'm sorry your "reasonable" position is crumbling. But my rights are black and white. I either possess them or i do not. And thankfully because society is fickle, society does not get to decide my rights or yours.

Welcome to America.
Do you have the right to walk into McDonald's, a public park, the library, the courthouse, and/or a school holding a gun in your hand?
Black or white.........which I guess means it's either a clear and obvious yes or no.

Not one firearm manufacturer has an amendment that states .. the ability to produce arms shall not be infringed upon . That’s a whole different beast . My 2a rights has already been given to me , they’ve already been challenged to death in court . Restricting / changing / omitting what I have today , am able to do today , in any way whatsoever , is by all accepted , standard definition of the words .... INFRINGED UPON.

Do you have the right to walk into McDonald's, a public park, the library, the courthouse, and/or a school holding a gun in your hand?
Black or white.........which I guess means it's either a clear and obvious yes or no.
Fact: i have the right to bear arms, including those places you mentioned. I can forego my right to carry arms if those places forbid it even though i believe it is unconstitutional to do require me to do so.
Personal opinion: i have a duty to carry responsibly and safely. Carrying in my hand would be viewed as aggressive (more aggressive) by others. I have no reason to carry in my hand unless i am under threat of harm.

Full disclosure: i do not ever carry.

Last edited:
2a issue. The whole intent for the second amendment was to have a people's who had the ability to stand up to tyranny. The argument I hear from gun control advocates all the time is the founders couldn't have imagined the sophisticated weaponry we have today. However, civilians were armed with equal weaponry as the militaries of the time. Just as the 1st amendment protects our Facebook posts (which the founders could have never imagined), the 2nd should protect our ability to arm ourselves equally, or at least semi-equally, to that of our current government.

How can you as a police woman banging on the drums like that? guess these police officers were bought. If this don’t get your blood pressure high, then nothing will. I think she was trying to get his blood pressure boiling, and that looked like she was looking for an excuse to arrest him. This is an outrage, and there is going to be more tomorrow. This seems already out of hand. It’s not looking good. All he was doing was asking questions, that’s all.😡😡

I carry, all the time, and except for a courthouse, I've had mine at all of those locations, even more. Just thought you'd enjoy that😄

1. So we both have issues with the way 2a has been interpreted.
2. Silly question. Obviously no one is harmed until it is used. Same with a nuclear warhead or vile of typhoid.
Society, in its wisdom, determines when risks outweigh an individual's right to own something they "supposedly" never intend to use.
3. Even more validation of my point. Not only can a person's "rights" be legally restricted for the greater good, but society can even rightfully determine who can (SROs) and who cannot (everyone else) exercise those rights.

One true constant is that things continually change. Some find that more painful than others
Your greater good has killed millions and been responsible for some of the worst actions by humans and this government. I will trust in myself and others long before I put that trust in the government in the name of a greater good.

It is far easier to do a great wrong when protecting society than it is while protecting an individual.

What you dont understand with the society crap is that us individualists believe the individuals making up society are important. And we care about their safety and rights. But you believe individuals are inconsequential to society. And it's with reasoning like that that leads to atrocities.

How can you as a police woman banging on the drums like that? guess these police officers were bought. If this don’t get your blood pressure high, then nothing will. I think she was trying to get his blood pressure boiling, and that looked like she was looking for an excuse to arrest him. This is an outrage, and there is going to be more tomorrow. This seems already out of hand. It’s not looking good. All he was doing was asking questions, that’s all.😡😡

Guv Buckwheat may as well go ahead and build a permanent wall with razor wire and armed guards. 24/7 to protect himself from the citizens of VA.
Live feeds from Richmond

LINK
LINK /
LINK

Last edited:

VN Store

Back