Gun control debate (merged)

Hope that works

Hell, might as well go this route.

giphy.gif

Jeez I hope she's just checking her scope or something. (or this is just posing)

One of my friends was checking his scope over the hood of his truck and I guess the position was such that it had him crawl the stock way up. I didn't notice at first and just got out a "Don't" when he fired. Thankfully it was just a 30-30 but it whacked him pretty good. Even scarier is I know this guy that does rifles and hunts Africa and he had set up a rifle for a client that gave you the shivers at first glance. Apparently the guy has arms like a T-Rex and the LOP was such that with the rifle mounted the scope was right on top of you. The guy said the scope was set up exactly like the client said he wanted. Now maybe this fellow had no neck to match his arms and that would somehow work but considering it was one of the big ones (I want to say .404 Jeffrey?) it looked like a medical emergency waiting to happen.

Jeez I hope she's just checking her scope or something. (or this is just posing)

One of my friends was checking his scope over the hood of his truck and I guess the position was such that it had him crawl the stock way up. I didn't notice at first and just got out a "Don't" when he fired. Thankfully it was just a 30-30 but it whacked him pretty good. Even scarier is I know this guy that does rifles and hunts Africa and he had set up a rifle for a client that gave you the shivers at first glance. Apparently the guy has arms like a T-Rex and the LOP was such that with the rifle mounted the scope was right on top of you. The guy said the scope was set up exactly like the client said he wanted. Now maybe this fellow had no neck to match his arms and that would somehow work but considering it was one of the big ones (I want to say .404 Jeffrey?) it looked like a medical emergency waiting to happen.

I’ve got a crescent moon shape through my right eyebrow today from worrying more about centering a target down range than snugging up the the buttplate to my shoulder . Also have a small one from a Thompson center contender pistol with a scope chambered in a 35 whellen ( sp ) for not locking out my elbow .

Last edited:
I’ve got a crescent moon shape through my right eyebrow today from worrying more about center a target down range than snugging up the the buttplate to my shoulder . Also have a small one from a Thompson center contender pistol with a scope chambered in a 35 whellen ( sp ) for not locking out my elbow .

Ouch! How do you like the Contender? (when you lock your elbow) I came reeeaaally close to buying an Encore in 7/08 a few years back. It was a good enough deal I should have just to mess with even if I decided to sell it so I kinda regret not doing so.

Ouch! How do you like the Contender? (when you lock your elbow) I came reeeaaally close to buying an Encore in 7/08 a few years back. It was a good enough deal I should have just to mess with even if I decided to sell it so I kinda regret not doing so.

I love it ! The fact that you can change out calibers by changing barrels is fantastic. I’d recommend one in a 243 or 270 not as much kick and very well rounded calibers . That 35 was a beast even with the 16 inch barrel.
My other pig is a super red hawk chambered in a 454 Casull

Last edited:

Had a Lieutenant in Colorado that was going to Texas for "hog hunting" and decided bigger was better. He needed to borrow a hunting rifle though. Was offered an AR, said no. Was offered a .30-06, said no because apparently those Texas hogs are huge.

Ended up with a .375 H&H as a joke. Ruger Model 1 and you know they ain't heavyweights.

Also ended up with not one, but two nice scope ring stitch areas over his right eye. But bagged his hog with a loaned .30-30

Reactions: 0nelilreb
Had a Lieutenant in Colorado that was going to Texas for "hog hunting" and decided bigger was better. He needed to borrow a hunting rifle though. Was offered an AR, said no. Was offered a .30-06, said no because apparently those Texas hogs are huge.

Ended up with a .375 H&H as a joke. Ruger Model 1 and you know they ain't heavyweights.

Also ended up with not one, but two nice scope ring stitch areas over his right eye. But bagged his hog with a loaned .30-30

I've heard/read so many stories from guides of big stuff (usually people hunting elk or in AK) about people showing up with cannons they've never shot it's bewildering. Just about all of them say, even if dealing big dangerous bears, they'd prefer you show up with a .270 you can shoot than a .338/.375/etc that you can't.

You'll get a kick (pun intended) out of this...I know a guy that (briefly) owned a #1 in 416 Weatherby. It was one of the fancy ones and very nice to look at but sweet jumping hell monkeys that thing was almost intolerable to shoot.

I've heard/read so many stories from guides of big stuff (usually people hunting elk or in AK) about people showing up with cannons they've never shot it's bewildering. Just about all of them say, even if dealing big dangerous bears, they'd prefer you show up with a .270 you can shoot than a .338/.375/etc that you can't.

You'll get a kick (pun intended) out of this...I know a guy that (briefly) owned a #1 in 416 Weatherby. It was one of the fancy ones and very nice to look at but sweet jumping hell monkeys that thing was almost intolerable to shoot.

"Almost?"

VN Store

Back