Gullickson feeds Vols valuable advice

****Attention.. JP's family just informed me he is okay after a mild heart problem. Dr has put him on a strict diet and he should have a fast and full recovery.

What about some serious withdrawals....?.. especially sugar? HA!!! Not this guy... 82 forever, baby!

The US is facing an epidemic of adolescence diabetes. We just returned from Splash County. It should be renamed Cellulite Country (I was truly shocked at the percentage of over weight people - of all ages,genders,races). I was sorry for their health status.

I heard a commentator not long ago say..."Never before in the history of the world has there been so much bad food - so plentifully offered - so culturally accepted... at such low prices". This is truly a perfect storm for serious population health issues.

If you think Obamacare is not affordable now.....just wait. (not to get political, just stating facts)

Reactions: 1 person
Well it's not that people in the past were just more health conscious but rather that we have so much prosperity now thanks to capitalism that instead of poor people starving as was the case for thousands of years they're dying of obesity and with air conditioning and a big screen tv. That was unheard of once. We've gone from feeding kids extra free lunch and breakfast to keep from starving to restricting caloric intake in all the lunch menu items. You know why many other countries aren't fat? Because they can't get enough food.

Congrats, 82. Mid 50's, huh? That's a young man to this old codger Vol. Still plenty of time for all that ingestion to catch up with you, although I hope not. Also, one can never rule out good old family genes. I think sometimes good genes trumps everything else when it's all said and done. Good luck in all things future, my friend...

Heh, you too, brother. I was absolutely just playing around. Actually very impressed with you that you and your bride take such good care of yourselves, and absolutely wish you the best.

As for genes, yeah, they say it's 50/50 nature vs nurture by the time you're old, but the 50% that comes from the genes can be a real blessing...or a real butt-kicker.

Hehe, Behr, you removed it, but Pepper captured it before you could. So I saw that!

Wouldn't you have felt bad if I'd had a heart attack at the same time?!?! :)

It's all good, man, I deserved that comeback. :hi:

I'm in the same habits as you and about the same age so I thought my post was okay, but wasn't sure. Lol, you never know. I think I fawked up in a similar way last night and I feel bad. Didn't want to do it again. At least so soon. :)

Get a piece of the Rock!...an old Prudential Commercial or a joke about Rock Hudson.

Don't worry Kids, it's "on the line" so you can look it up!

The US is facing an epidemic of adolescence diabetes. We just returned from Splash County. It should be renamed Cellulite Country (I was truly shocked at the percentage of over weight people - of all ages,genders,races). I was sorry for their health status.

I heard a commentator not long ago say..."Never before in the history of the world has there been so much bad food - so plentifully offered - so culturally accepted... at such low prices". This is truly a perfect storm for serious population health issues.

If you think Obamacare is not affordable now.....just wait. (not to get political, just stating facts)

A lot of Truth on multiple levels here. Well stated.

VN Store

Back