Guarantano to play

I don't want to lose. that is the point. I want us to play the best player, win or lose, who give us the best chance to win.

BM has not shown any ability to competently pass the ball or lead us to a win. JG has.

If BM plays well he should play. If he continues to be unable to pass then bring JG back

Let BM play as many snaps as JG to get caught up and its a deal.

I don't want to lose. that is the point. I want us to play the best player, win or lose, who give us the best chance to win.

BM has not shown any ability to competently pass the ball or lead us to a win. JG has.

If BM plays well he should play. If he continues to be unable to pass then bring JG back.

Apparently I have forgotten about all of those wins JG has led us to.

Can you remind me? What's his overall record? Record -vs- SEC opponents?

And where has the offense ranked (SEC and FBS) while he was leading UT to all those wins?

If you could be bothered to climb down out of JG's jock and post those numbers, we'd all love to see them.

Go Vols.

Probably because Chaney only had time to develop so many packages for Maurer. If he runs out of plays for him or he is doing badly, then Pruitt can swap JG in as "always the plan" without destroying Maurer's confidence vs if he didnt say it as soon as he was pulled everyone here would be screaming bloody murder. Overall, Pruitt puts less pressure on BM this way and preserves his options. Also tells GA not to lock into anything they are seeing - not that GA will need any help.
Get out of here with that common sense. Don't you know the mantra of the day? You're messing with the script.

Reactions: Gandalf
JG had the start for the last 18 games and today he doesn’t. If it had been working he would still be starting. Obviously the coaches believe that starting BM gives us a chance to move forward.

Reactions: Alto1
It appears it does not matter how good any other qb does. Pruitt will stick with jg. because he is a good practice player.
Logic fail. Almost 100% of coaches will start the best practice player b/c the best practice player is usually the best game player. The only reason a coach will replace the best practice player is when he is clearly not the same player in games. Which is exactly Pruitt has done. But anyone who has seen any portion of practice has consistently said JG is the best QB. So this narrative of Pruitt refusing to play the backups despite them doing so well is complete bunk. Not only b/c there’s no evidence they’re better, but also b/c he has actually played all 3.

Reactions: k-town_king
JG had the start for the last 18 games and today he doesn’t. If it had been working he would still be starting. Obviously the coaches believe that starting BM gives us a chance to move forward.

Probably because Chaney only had time to develop so many packages for Maurer. If he runs out of plays for him or he is doing badly, then Pruitt can swap JG in as "always the plan" without destroying Maurer's confidence vs if he didnt say it as soon as he was pulled everyone here would be screaming bloody murder. Overall, Pruitt puts less pressure on BM this way and preserves his options. Also tells GA not to lock into anything they are seeing - not that GA will need any help.

This all day long!!! Well done!!!! All these posters don't have a clue why Pruitt does what he does. Pruitt is an idiot when it doesn't work well and genius when it does. Isn't it that way for all coaches? I am tired of these people saying the man can't coach. He proved he could vs AU and UK last year. He showed he is a rookie coach in other losses, especially GA St and BYU. The man is going to get it done here. People will realize it next year!!! Some of us already know!!!!

Remember he didn't want UGA to have a scouting report. Maybe this is his way of countering Chris Low reporting BM will start.

Also, what if JG and BM are in on some plays together? Might be a tough wrinkle for UGA.
Hopefully the joke is on Georgia!

If BM plays well he should play. If he continues to be unable to pass then bring JG back.
Lol

Reactions: BeardedVol
JG was 62% for 2 tds and no ints last year. As a freshman 6/7 on passing attempts vs UGA.

Taking care of the ball with no turnovers, scoring a couple times, and completing over 60% seems like the baseline to a decent performance going by previous standards.

JG is 7-15 as a starter and only 2 wins are vs P5 teams plus BYU.
kindly stfu

JG was 62% for 2 tds and no ints last year. As a freshman 6/7 on passing attempts vs UGA.

Taking care of the ball with no turnovers, scoring a couple times, and completing over 60% seems like the baseline to a decent performance going by previous standards.
He played after the game was out of hand and UGA went pure base.

Want to know what we have wanted from JG? Reference the first half Maurer played against UGA. If JG had been playing, the game would have been a laugher before half.

Reactions: BreatheUT
If JG goes in, minus a BM injury, Pruitt should be fired....kid has looked really good..a couple things here and there and we are in this game and may be leading..

Reactions: SKBubba

You're lying... again. You have ALWAYS excused JG being a loser by citing stats. You were ALWAYS more concerned about JG staying the starter than you EVER were about having an effective O that won games.

BM's "stats" at the half don't look "great".... He's under 50% completions. But you'd be blind (I suspect you are) not to see the difference in the O with him at QB.

You're lying... again. You have ALWAYS excused JG being a loser by citing stats. You were ALWAYS more concerned about JG staying the starter than you EVER were about having an effective O that won games.

BM's "stats" at the half don't look "great".... He's under 50% completions. But you'd be blind (I suspect you are) not to see the difference in the O with him at QB.

Yes had jg been qb you would have like 60% completion 0 int. and 0 points

Reactions: sjt18

VN Store

Back