Guarantano learning what Osovet specializes in

Serious question. Don't you ever get tired of this? I dont agree with you but I do respect your opinion on JG. Seriously tho... do you not get tired of it? Saying the same stuff over and over in every thread? No disrespect intended.
Some guys split wood. It is a distraction they like. Some fish. Some post pictures of their meals on facebook.

I like discussing/arguing sports and sometimes politics and religion. I also like growing fruit trees and vegetables... and deer hunting. Go figure.

I have serious issues and responsibilities in my "real life". While I take UT football "serious" it is nothing close to real life... this forum is more of a release and recreation than some life issue. Guys like k-town are fun... wrong... but fun. If he's not having fun too then he should probably reconsider his priorities... unless he is JG incognito.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Yep, he'd argue with a fence post then pull it up and argue with the hole.

What exactly does "get behind and support JG" mean, on a message board? Good thing there are really only about 5-6 that really get butthurt if JG is criticized at all.
Yep, about the same number as that show any real disdain for him.
Probably could count each goup on 1 hand but man, both groups sure are 'vocal'.

Reactions: cgrish and Behr
Yep, about the same number as that show any real disdain for him.
Probably could count each goup on 1 hand but man, both groups sure are 'vocal'.

Yea, I meant to say pretty much the same thing, but got distracted by a king crab conversation.

He's said he loves to debate so probably not.

Guarantano has won me over, same as any player that leaves it all on the field. But the 1 thing that 100% agree with sjt on is that any critique, or mention of an area that he needs to improve, is automatically labeled as "hate".

His rabid fans say "of course he could improve" but as soon as someone picks an area to improve upon, they automatically throw any and everyone around JG under the bus and never admit a single flaw.
That's not a fb player, that's a demi-god 😂

Thankfully message boards don't mean squat and hopefully JG is working to improve in those areas and not buying the deity status placed upon him by several.
Ftr, my guess is that he's much more realistic than those posters and actually admits and works on those areas.
It's not a debate when you keep being wrong and know what you are are saying is false.

He is honestly just trolling the other posters at this point.

It's not a debate when you keep being wrong and know what you are are saying is false.
Then why are you still here? Even JG... confirmed what you called me a "liar" for saying over the past several months. He SAID that Chaney was "allowing" (more likely requiring) him to do things the previous OC's wouldn't allow him to do. He mentioned hot routes. You argued with me and called me a liar because I said he either couldn't or wasn't trusted to throw to the middle of the field or timing routes... which is what most hot routes are. You claimed he didn't take too long to get the ball off under pressure but instead blamed everyone else.

There are reasons that a staff will not give a player certain responsibilities... and that reason is that the player has not he can be trusted to execute. JG is on the clock. He has a very good OC right now... but Chaney isn't going to protect him. He'll either improve on the things that others and I have talked about for a while now (while you were in deluded denial) or Chaney will cut bait.

Not true... but I understand why you have to believe that. To do otherwise... you'd have to face honest, legitimate, objective, "no hate" criticism of JG... and you just aren't willing to do that.

Then why are you still here? Even JG... confirmed what you called me a "liar" for saying over the past several months. He SAID that Chaney was "allowing" (more likely requiring) him to do things the previous OC's wouldn't allow him to do. He mentioned hot routes. You argued with me and called me a liar because I said he either couldn't or wasn't trusted to throw to the middle of the field or timing routes... which is what most hot routes are. You claimed he didn't take too long to get the ball off under pressure but instead blamed everyone else.

There are reasons that a staff will not give a player certain responsibilities... and that reason is that the player has not he can be trusted to execute. JG is on the clock. He has a very good OC right now... but Chaney isn't going to protect him. He'll either improve on the things that others and I have talked about for a while now (while you were in deluded denial) or Chaney will cut bait.

Not true... but I understand why you have to believe that. To do otherwise... you'd have to face honest, legitimate, objective, "no hate" criticism of JG... and you just aren't willing to do that.
Call down Suzie. Everything will be ok.

Nothing he said confirmed your usual lies.

I previously said he wasn't didn't make all of the calls At the line like 99% of college qbs. That confirmed it. He wasn't making bad calls. If anyone was Helton was.

Chaney will now allow him to. Chaney is a better oc and more experienced. He is actually smart and confident enough to let the qb make the calls.

Nowhere did he say he wasn't capable previously. He didn't. Two completely different things.

That is why i didn't even respond to your other rant about this. You twist everything people say, even positive, in to a negative that fits your narrative.

Someone saying they have more freedom now doesn't mean they said they previously lacked ability.

SAID that Chaney was "allowing" (more likely requiring) him to do things the previous OC's wouldn't allow him to do
Pure false conjecture to make his quote fit you agenda.

More freedom to do things HE WAS ALREADY CAPABLE OF is what he actually said.

Once again stop making stuff up. And since you love mentioning me at least tag me like a man.

This 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 act you do is getting old.

I'm nitpicking but debate isn't necessarily about being right but dismantling your opponents argument to legitimize your own. Plenty of debates have been won on false premise because the opponent couldn't justify their own argument. That being said I agree with the spirit of your post.

Heres the bottom line, the offensive line was terrible. The worst in the conference and one of the worst in the nation. By the numbers we had more initial contact than any team in the nation meaning our QB and ball carriers were getting hit in the backfield more often than any other team in the NCAA. Even though Sack numbers improved marginally from the year before we were still absolutely atrocious at providing a clean pocket. Also awful at running the ball, Hello 20 yards rushing against Fing Charlotte.

Not saying JG is a world beater but I think all aspects of the offense improve significantly with marginally improved Oline play. QB's job becomes much easier with a clean pocket, clean throwing lanes, improved running game. It's just hard to throw JG under the bus for me personally because he has the odds stacked against him so heavily.

Call down Suzie. Everything will be ok.

Nothing he said confirmed your usual lies.
I haven't lied. You apparently do not know the difference between a "lie" and a difference of opinion though.

I previously said he wasn't didn't make all of the calls At the line like 99% of college qbs. That confirmed it. He wasn't making bad calls. If anyone was Helton was.
And you blamed Helton... when ALL OC's would rather have their QB make those calls... if they're capable.

Chaney will now allow him to. Chaney is a better oc and more experienced. He is actually smart and confident enough to let the qb make the calls.
True. And he doesn't have a tendency to protect a QB from himself. He'll push JG to do the job... ALL OF IT.

Nowhere did he say he wasn't capable previously. He didn't. Two completely different things.
No. A "thing" and a logical deduction. Helton had QB's who were responsible for more decisions at other schools. The two previous OC's before him had given more responsibility over decisions to other QB's than they did JG. Jones had given more responsibility to his other QB's than to JG.

You can follow that, right?

That is why i didn't even respond to your other rant about this. You twist everything people say, even positive, in to a negative that fits your narrative.
I don't have a narrative. I have an "agenda". That agenda is for UT to win. With JG. Without JG.... I just want the Vols to win. YOU have a narrative...

Someone saying they have more freedom now doesn't mean they said they previously lacked ability.
No. Not without context. JG has been protected with conservative play calling and by cutting down his responsibilities. That's proven when you compare what other QB's did compared to JG. It is likely the ONLY reason Dormady beat him out.

Under Chaney, he will either flip or fly.

Pure false conjecture to make his quote fit you agenda.
Nope. His comment in the context of history. My agenda is that UT win. Their shortest path to winning is for JG and the OL to make SIGNIFICANT strides. I'm pulling for him... I'm just not a blind cultist for him like you.

More freedom to do things HE WAS ALREADY CAPABLE OF is what he actually said.
Your choice. He was either doing it and failing... or not doing it. Either way... you're wrong again.

Once again stop making stuff up. And since you love mentioning me at least tag me like a man.
Ooooo... calm down tough guy.

FWIW, I don't know how to "tag" someone... and you of all people know I don't avoid your idiocy.

This 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 act you do is getting old.
Block me... like the big man you are. You just can't live with being wrong... or with acceptance that JG has had serious flaws as a QB.

1. Yes, the team has endured a ton of BS from the pathetic culture and lack of talent that exist up there. However, JG, as QB, has endured more physical abuse as a result of his pathetic OL that couldn’t/wouldn’t block anybody all last year. That’s unarguable.

2. Additionally, as a result of a lot of ignorant, biased fans who literally put all the blame of a team’s woes on the QB, he’s also had to endure an undue amount of critical, misplaced BS that other players have not. Despite clearly being the offense’s best player last year, a lot of guys on here have claimed he’s literally the only reason for our 7 losses and the team’s overwhelming number of deficiencies

3. JG was 16-21 for 172 yds and a TD, 0 into vs Charlotte. Our offensive problems that day stemmed from a great OL performance that led to 20 total rushing yards on 26 attempts.

He was 12-16 for 168 yards, 1 td and no ints vs UTEP in a 24-0 win

So, you’re complaining about his play in 2 games where he was a combined 28-37 (76%), 340 yards, 2 tds and 0 ints? Ok, I guess?

4. For the 12 billionth time, he IS NOT a dual threat QB, in the same way that Dobbs was NOT the 4th ranked prostyle QB that the recruiting services said he was.
I could throw for a buck fifty against Charlotte and UTEP.

Here is the fairest summary of JG from GoVols247: "Though he made progress in many areas, Guarantano still has much improvement to make. Some of the hits he took were his own fault as he didn't read blitzes and adjust the pressure accordingly on a handful of sacks and quarterback hits. Mostly, though, breakdowns in protection behind a woeful offensive line allowed opponents to get free hits on Guarantano."

This is spot on. Yes, he shoulders some of the blame but anyone who isn't trying to argue for arguments sake would admit our O-Line needs a lot of improvement. A few other stats that are telling:

o 3.7 yards per rush (113th Nationally)
o 23 sacks (47th Nationally)
o .382 3rd Down Conversions (73rd Nationally)
o 49th in penalties/game (that is both sides of the ball)

If we had an O-Line that was even average these stats would be palatable. Let's hope that the offseason program can get us to average or better.....

No, I’ll be pulling for the team’s QB this year hoping he shows a lot of the same good play and toughness he showed last year....and hoping he gets even better and more efficient with a TON MORE HELP from his teammates and that it results in 25-30 TD passes............all while guys like you can’t wait until he takes his first sack, throws his first incompletion, or holds the ball .001 seconds longer than you thought he should have, so you can get in here and post, for the 10,000th time, how much he effing sucks.

I, for one, cant wait until the season's first game thread. The above dynamic will be epic.

VN Store

Back