Guarantano learning what Osovet specializes in

Do you believe Larry Scott had any idea what he was “allowing” ANYBODY to do?
I don't think he's a complete incompetent if that's the question. Dormady may have learned from previous coaches I suppose but he was allowed to do more in the way of managing the O.

That said, I have complete confidence that if it is in JG... Chaney is a guy who can get it out of him.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I don't think he's a complete incompetent if that's the question. Dormady may have learned from previous coaches I suppose but he was allowed to do more in the way of managing the O.

That said, I have complete confidence that if it is in JG... Chaney is a guy who can get it out of him.
His record says he’s a “complete incompetent”. I’ll go with that.

Yes he did... except neither you nor he went the next step.

Dobbs changed protections. Dormady changed protections. Dormady played behind the same OL and had like 3 sacks compared to 30+ when JG played behind them.

This is another STRONG indicator that previous OC's tried to protect JG from mistakes by limiting his responsibilities and options. JG also mentioned hot routes. There is simply no reason NOT to let a QB throw a hot route against pressure except that he can't read D's or can't make the throws. There's no good reasons a QB in his 3rd year shouldn't be trusted to make line calls and audibles. Maybe the previous OC's just wanted to limit their O and lose more games... but I tend toward thinking JG couldn't handle it.

Even when several including the cult leader himself were claiming JG was making line calls and doing the whole job... I said he wasn't but that Chaney would demand that he either did it or would bench him.
correction:

Dobbs ran for his life and Dormady lost his job then transferred. I knew it was fake what you were doing. Glad I called you on your bs before you really got started. Also worht noting......JG said he's learning more about hot route throwing and such......but i guess he's lying again according to 82_vol_cjkcjc or whatever his handle is

he should've been able to do more. 1 because he's the upperclassmen and, 2 because coming in he was the starter.

good gawd sherlock......amazing discovery

No. It isn't "pure" speculation. It is reasonable speculation based on what we've seen and what logic would dictate.

If the last two OC's had believed JG could make line calls, throw to the middle of the field, and make the reads/throws necessary for hot reads... what possible motivation could they have NOT to let him do it? Why would an OC intentionally disallow a player from doing something they were capable of doing that would make the O MUCH more effective?
Want a hug?

correction:

Dobbs ran for his life and Dormady lost his job then transferred. I knew it was fake what you were doing. Glad I called you on your bs before you really got started. Also worht noting......JG said he's learning more about hot route throwing and such......but i guess he's lying again according to 82_vol_cjkcjc or whatever his handle is
You were so close but you couldn't hold it together at the end. No need to be childish KYjellyvol. (see, that easy on your moniker).

What I believe is:
1) you and the rest of the JG can do no wrong crowd are chin wipers.
2) JG has got to be the toughest guy on the team. He CONTINUALLY allowed himself to get creamed by DL coming unabated into the backfield and still got up.
3) if ANYONE believes that a coach would purposefully create that kind of situation for his QB then you are a moron.
4) if JG stood back there and took that **** WHEN HE COULD HAVE CORRECTED IT BY moving in the pocket, changing a block, or for god's sake running, he is a moron.
5) to state that he is just now going to be allowed to try and change blocking or throw timing and hot routes says HE HASN'T GOTTEN IT YET and he really should be further along than that.
6) JG has a ton of raw talent that someone needs to refine and improve on.

I hope to God that CJC can get JG's head on right because if JG goes through another half season of what he took last year, I am afraid there won't be anything left of him to coach.

correction:

Dobbs ran for his life and Dormady lost his job then transferred. I knew it was fake what you were doing.
Of course your response does nothing at all to refute my claim... then you call it "bs" and "fake"? Go back and watch them play. Regardless of how well the OL did or did not play, you can clearly see both approaching the line often to change blocking. Dobbs even talked about it on several occasions. I know you'd rather not deal with facts when it comes to JG's weaknesses... but the fact is both of the two guys before him were given more control over management of the O.

As far as Dormady "losing his job"... Jones tried to do everything in his power following Dobbs to give JG the job. Who knows why... then again who can explain about half the idiotic things Jones did?

And speaking of making assumptions based on pretty much nothing... Dormady left for his own reasons BEFORE the replacement was named. There was no reason for him to think he couldn't win the job again with a clean slate considering how anemic the offense was behind JG for the rest of that season. He made a decision that he thought was in his best interest just like Brandon Kennedy and many others.

Glad I called you on your bs before you really got started.
You mean except for the fact that you didn't answer my point at all but just filled bandwidth with more denial "bs".

Also worht noting......JG said he's learning more about hot route throwing and such......but i guess he's lying again according to 82_vol_cjkcjc or whatever his handle is
I hope that's true. But that is also a tacit admission that he either could not or was not allowed to do it before. One of the first things (and best plays of his UT career) KC did was see a blitz and throw a hot route over the top of it. You saw QD and Dobbs try to do it with varying levels of success.

"Also worth noting"... a QB in his 4th year shouldn't just now be figuring out hot routes and how to throw to the middle of the field safely. I hope it isn't a lack of ability... but it is a REAL issue that you should stop trying to deny.

You were so close but you couldn't hold it together at the end. No need to be childish KYjellyvol. (see, that easy on your moniker).

What I believe is:
1) you and the rest of the JG can do no wrong crowd are chin wipers.
2) JG has got to be the toughest guy on the team. He CONTINUALLY allowed himself to get creamed by DL coming unabated into the backfield and still got up.
3) if ANYONE believes that a coach would purposefully create that kind of situation for his QB then you are a moron.
4) if JG stood back there and took that **** WHEN HE COULD HAVE CORRECTED IT BY moving in the pocket, changing a block, or for god's sake running, he is a moron.
5) to state that he is just now going to be allowed to try and change blocking or throw timing and hot routes says HE HASN'T GOTTEN IT YET and he really should be further along than that.
6) JG has a ton of raw talent that someone needs to refine and improve on.

I hope to God that CJC can get JG's head on right because if JG goes through another half season of what he took last year, I am afraid there won't be anything left of him to coach.
This of course... means you are a lying "hater" just making things up because you are a racist who hates JG.

This of course... means you are a lying "hater" just making things up because you are a racist who hates JG.
Yes of course, having no idea what kind of young man JG is I would naturally hate him because he has some holes in his game. When in all actuality, I would love to shake his hand and tell him how tough I think he is and that I hope he gets the line calls and short passes straightened out with CJC because he has a rocket arm and for God's sake, please run! RUN FOREST, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE when needed.

Dormady didn't make any more calls than JG. Stop your usual fabrications @sjt18.

They ran the same exact plays. JG actually went down the field more as evidenced by the ypa and aypa. He also was more accurate and less turnover prone while completing more and deeper passes.

You constant Dormady love is dumb. The guy couldn't even get the back up snaps at Houston.

He was bad all around and worse in every way compared to JG. Mentally, physically, and toughness wise. Throwing with touch, anticipation, and accuracy were all horrible.

Stop with the Dormady romanticism.

Dormady didn't make any more calls than JG. Stop your usual fabrications @sjt18.
go back and watch some of the games he played in... assuming that is that you'd even understand what you were looking at.

They ran the same exact plays. JG actually went down the field more as evidenced by the ypa and aypa.
Nope. Are you "lying" again? Jones even talked about cutting the playbook and responsibilities back for him at the time.

He also was more accurate and less turnover prone while completing more and deeper passes.
And took 32 drive killing sacks vs 3. And assigning all of those TO's to Dormady... is pretty revisionist. At least a couple of times (again assuming you have ANY idea what you're looking at), he threw on time and the receiver didn't get off coverage.

You constant Dormady love is dumb. The guy couldn't even get the back up snaps at Houston.
So... I admit the guy had issues and made mistakes... just like I've said about JG... and I have "love"? That's more stupid than most of what you say.

FTR, he played behind a guy that JG wouldn't have come close to beating out and especially not in Houston's system. I don't know why Dormady chose Houston. It seemed pretty stupid to me. The returning starter was one of the best dual threat players in the country. And the system didn't fit QD at all. It would have been just as stupid and futile if JG had transferred there. So... you can drop that stupid line of "reasoning".

He was bad all around and worse in every way compared to JG. Mentally, physically, and toughness wise. Throwing with touch, anticipation, and accuracy were all horrible.

Stop with the Dormady romanticism.
Well... just when I thought you couldn't say anything more stupid... you do. Dormady didn't beat JG out because of bias.... or physical ability... or maybe even toughness. He beat him out because he could manage the offense... a skill that JG has yet to prove he's mastered.

VN Store

Back