GT rb Jamyr Gibbs enters portal

How many of those would be Covid year players that do not count against the 85? Why can't the 15 scholarships UT did not have this past year satisfy any losses due to the investigation? Seems like that was more than enough of a handicap considering the difficulty of bringing a roster back up to full power under the 25 scholarship rule.

Everyone counts in 2022. Even super seniors. and no one can exceed the 85 number. NCAA would have to adjust rules.

They might try to do that. But I can't speculate on numbers due to an investigation that has not been made public. There is likely going to be multiple years of scholarship reductions.

Reactions: stillavol and sjt18
Are you saying there are 67 scholarship players on the roster that could return? How could that be we have heard all year that we've only got 73 I believe.

I believe we will be under the 85 limit with a full class.

I think these players will leave on their own or be encouraged to find another opportunity.

TE- Fant
RB - Beckwith
DL - Solomon
I believe you'll see a WR leave one of maybe 2 (Holliday, Calloway, Keyton, Coby)
I also wouldn't be surprised to see a OL leave
And if he were to think about it would LB Mitchell leave, he has a year left....he wasn't that great while he was playing, would he transfer again to make sure he starts?
I also won't be shocked if Milton transfers if hooker comes back.

that number did not count the supper seniors this year. So even removing them, you still have 67. the 67 does not include Cade and Alontae who made it clear they are headed to NFL.

You speculating but I do not count speculation... if staff fails to bring in certain players at positions, they might have to entice some of those you mention to stay.

There is not a enough numbers available (signing class and transfers) to beef up all positions. You can go into next year short at DT for instance and might need Solomon to return, if he will.

I posted roster in another reply

here are the 67 and there are none that were one year guys. I understand that Solomon, Mitchell and Calbert likely won't return but nothing official yet. I will remove once official.

Total Scholarships (67)
Number 2021 Seniors (12) Class
37 Brooks, Paxton SR (4th)
11 Bumphus, Latrell SR (5th)
74 Calbert, K'Rojhn R/SR (5th)
75 Carvin, Jerome SR (4th)
88 Fant, Princeton R/SR (5th)
1 Flowers, Trevon SR (4th)
5 Hooker, Henden R/SR (5th)
44 Labruzza, Cheyenne R/SR (5th)
40 McGrath, Chase R/SR (5th)
10 Mitchell, Juwan SR (4th)
38 Page, Solon R/SR (5th)
98 Solomon, Aubrey R/SR (5th)
Number 2021 Juniors (15)
33 Banks, Jeremy R/JR
24 Beasley, Aaron JR
4 Burrell, Warren JR
53 Crawford, Jeremiah JR
99 Garland, Kurott R/JR
54 Harris, Kingston R/JR
30 Harrison, Roman JR
80 Keyton, Ramel JR
78 Lane, Ollie R/JR
22 McCullough, Jaylen JR
7 Milton, Joe R/JR
4 Tillman, Cedric R/JR
87 Warren, Jacob R/JR
58 Wright, Darnell JR
6 Young, Byron JR
Number 2021 Sophomore (20)
77 Akporoghene, Chris R/SO
9 Baron, Tyler SO
9 Calloway, Jimmy SO
82 Coby, Andison SO
66 Davis, Dayne R/SO
20 Eason, Bryson SO
17 Fields, Tyus R/SO
15 Garland, Kwauze R/SO
13 Hadden, Kamal R/SO
6 Holiday, Jimmy SO
11 Hyatt, Jalin SO
50 Lampley, Jackson R/SO
63 Mays, Cooper SO
12 McDonald, Tamarion SO
51 Simmons, Elijah R/SO
3 Slaughter, Doneiko SO
2 Small, Jabari SO
76 Spraggins, Javontez SO
21 Thomas, Omari SO
29 Turnage, Brandon R/SO
Number 2021 Freshmen (20)
46 Albright, Will R/FR
59 Bailey, Dominic R/FR
21 Beckwith, Dee R/FR
84 Bell, Trinity FR
86 Campbell, Miles FR
41 Carver, JT K FR
14 Charles, Christian FR
42 Marley, Kaemen FR
93 Mcneill, Amari FR
19 Merrill, Walker FR
18 Mohan, William R/FR
85 Nixon, Julian FR
64 Parker, William FR
70 Perry, Reginald R/FR
71 Robinson, James R/FR
28 Rucker, De'Shawn FR
95 Terry, Da'Jon R/FR
27 Whitehead, Len'Neth R/FR
41 Willis, Aaron FR
23 Wright, Jaylen FR

thanks, I appreciate technically superior folks sharing real data.

Reactions: TNTodd
If Gibbs goes to OSU, that could bode well for us and Hayden.
Im sure i will take heat but... But felt Huepal would work things Xs and Os. If we gonna be a true player getting back we have to have top 15 overall and top 5 SEC at least..

that number did not count the supper seniors this year. So even removing them, you still have 67. the 67 does not include Cade and Alontae who made it clear they are headed to NFL.

You speculating but I do not count speculation... if staff fails to bring in certain players at positions, they might have to entice some of those you mention to stay.

There is not a enough numbers available (signing class and transfers) to beef up all positions. You can go into next year short at DT for instance and might need Solomon to return, if he will.

I posted roster in another reply

One more general inquiry. The two issues involved in these discussions is number of SHIPS we can have open by guys exiting the program in any manner to create room under the 85, that we can fill with our 25 initial counters, and how many of those will qualify us for replacement through the portal

Does the medical schollie still exist? Does it create space? If yes to both do we have any candidates?

Without speculating with names, how many guys across all classes would you see exiting via the portal, with the grades, and going to a D1 school and meeting all the other ONE TIME requirements? This is kind of moot if we do not have room by going below 60 (85-25) but would love to get some upside bonusses if we can.

Your 67 list is very informative, but it seems we always have some surprise exits, some not to our advantage,, every year. Guessing this will get wilder with the one time option out there.

Is there a difinitiive article out there that explains the timing issues of when guys enter and land elsewhere in the portal so it not only opens up a schollie for the following terms, but allows for replacement above the 25? I am so confused.

One more general inquiry. The two issues involved in these discussions is number of SHIPS we can have open by guys exiting the program in any manner to create room under the 85, that we can fill with our 25 initial counters, and how many of those will qualify us for replacement through the portal

Does the medical schollie still exist? Does it create space? If yes to both do we have any candidates?

Without speculating with names, how many guys across all classes would you see exiting via the portal, with the grades, and going to a D1 school and meeting all the other ONE TIME requirements? This is kind of moot if we do not have room by going below 60 (85-25) but would love to get some upside bonusses if we can.

Your 67 list is very informative, but it seems we always have some surprise exits, some not to our advantage,, every year. Guessing this will get wilder with the one time option out there.

Is there a difinitiive article out there that explains the timing issues of when guys enter and land elsewhere in the portal so it not only opens up a schollie for the following terms, but allows for replacement above the 25? I am so confused.

Yes the medical option is still available. At this point, I've not heard of any potential options there. Calbert was one but he is a senior and likely moving on with his life.

It would not surprise me to see 6-10 more (we have had 5 thus far) leave via portal. The surprise to me right now is no one has jumped into the portal from Tennessee since Saturday. Over 250 players have jumped in since Saturday.

this provides some insight

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Transfer/OneTime_Transfer.pdf

Reactions: GUNTERSVOL
Fella's not that I need to tell you this but Gibbs is legit. We live in Dalton and my son plays at Dalton. We spent many Fri nights watching this kid tear it up. Dalton coaches will tell you first hand how bad UT and many other power 5 teams botched his recruitment. Pruitt literally told the Dalton HC/OC that Gibbs was 1 inch too short, 10 pounds too light, and 1/10th too slow to play RB at UT. I will say that many other power 5 schools were recruiting him at DB not just UT. I am doing all I can to steer him through my coaching buddies to UT. Don't be shocked if he lands at AU though. Coach Land is an AU alum.

I would like to tell everyone to just leave the kid alone on twitter. He is quiet and not looking for the hype. He just wants to play ball. Not many kids like him anymore.

Those days never happened. At least not since the 80s.

I was a Freshman at UT in Hess (shoutout to the Jungle) when Albert Haynesworth pulled up in a $40k Expedition with probably another $5-10k worth of work on it (wheels, tint, sound). Same thing with DJ Fluker at Bama. Brand new car, custom rims. Dude was homeless due to Katrina prior to going to Bama. It's always been like this... it's just not always been this public.

It's like people saying "I don't like how corrupt the media and government are"... like they weren't corrupt as h3ll in the 80s. It's just a lot more obvious and public now.

I was at Memphis back in '88. Elliott Perry pulled up in a tricked out Samari Suzuki. It was the ride back in the day.

Well we reached out and he’s interested. Probably still Bama but there’s at least some interest.
As they say, you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. I know it’s wishful thinking, but maybe Gibbs will drop Bama if they grab the RB from TCU.

Last edited:
Lol. Two guys if this caliber aren’t going to the same team.

Don't be too sure about that. Splitting the carries in college still gives plenty of film for the NFL while cutting back on the wear & tear (+chance of injury) and can extend the professional playing career. It didn't stop Gurley & Michel or the Saban era backs like Ingram/Henry/Lacy/Drake/Richardson/Yeldon/Jacobs/Robinson/Harris.

Gibbs is a complete stud. One of the best HS tapes I have ever seen.

I had an opportunity to go to one of his games when he was a senior, as I am 30 minutes from Dalton, GA. I knew he was going to be extreme. Needless to say, I missed it, but I will see him at his college peak in Neyland ;)

Reactions: Jaws
Don't be too sure about that. Splitting the carries in college still gives plenty of film for the NFL while cutting back on the wear & tear (+chance of injury) and can extend the professional playing career. It didn't stop Gurley & Michel or the Saban era backs like Ingram/Henry/Lacy/Drake/Richardson/Yeldon/Jacobs/Robinson/Harris.
Kamara was riding the bench at Bama. There are exceptions. I have no doubt Gibbs will play wherever he goes. Tennessee needs him worse than Bama or Ohio State and he’s a perfect fit in our offense.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
67 possible players on roster can return as of today.

there are 16 commitments.

roster sits at 83 currently counting commitments.

likely will lose some scholarships as part of the investigation for 2022.

They will definitely need to weed out players if they take the max of 32 (combination of signees and transfers). 32 gets them to 99 players as of today.
Thanks for the info

Last edited:
Those days never happened. At least not since the 80s.

I was a Freshman at UT in Hess (shoutout to the Jungle) when Albert Haynesworth pulled up in a $40k Expedition with probably another $5-10k worth of work on it (wheels, tint, sound). Same thing with DJ Fluker at Bama. Brand new car, custom rims. Dude was homeless due to Katrina prior to going to Bama. It's always been like this... it's just not always been this public.

It's like people saying "I don't like how corrupt the media and government are"... like they weren't corrupt as h3ll in the 80s. It's just a lot more obvious and public now.
People who complain about NIL are griping about someone letting the cattle out when the last hoofprint in the pasture disappeared 30 years ago or more. The cat has long been out of the bag with D1 football and basketball, NIL is just the logical conclusions. You can’t create a multi-billion dollar industry and keep the biggest part of the labor force from getting a piece of that pie indefinitely.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
From the transfer portal, here's my Christmas wish list - realistic or not:

1. Terrence Lewis - LB
2. Spencer Rattler - QB
3. Jamyr Gibbs - RB
4. Kai-Leon Herbert - OT
5. Eli Ricks - CB
6. Xavier Williams - WR
7. Eric Taylor -DL

Seven is the limit from the portal, right?
No thanks on Rattler, even if HH leaves. We will find someone else.

VN Store

Back