Greg McElroy says Florida

Some of our fans are loyal to a fault. Blinders are on until the axe drops, then all of a sudden we all “knew” Coach X wasn’t the guy since day 1.

Or just hedge your bets and predict every hire is fired within 3 years? :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
Could care less about the Sports media's opinion of an Aaron Murray or Pollack. McElroy has always been objective. He has picked the Vols more times than not but they have burned him. To his credit, he does know the x's and o's and doesn't let bias skew his analysis. However, I hope they all continue to bag on Vols and Vol Nation. Need to play this year with a chip on both shoulders, and with a pi**ed off attitude!

lee-corso-meme.jpg

Unsharpened pencil. So apropos. Do they tape that thing to his hand now?

Reactions: 2 people
Florida is going to be down the next few seasons. Their recruiting class for 2019 isn't great and ranked i believe in the mid-upper 30s. I think Tennessee will play hard and surprise people and the SEC East in 2018 will be a lot more competitive than the "experts" think.

1)Georgia 8-4 and 5-3 in the SEC

2)Tennessee 8-4 and 4-4 in the SEC

2)South Carolina 7-5 and 4-4 in the SEC

2)Florida 7-5 and 4-4 in the SEC

5)Kentucky 6-6 and 3-5 in the SEC

6)Missouri 5-7 and 2-6 in the SEC

7)Vanderbilt 3-9 and 0-8 in the SEC

Last edited:
Florida is going to be down the next few seasons. Their recruiting class for 2019 isn't great and ranked i believe in the mid-upper 30s. I think Tennessee will play hard and surprise people and the SEC East in 2018 will be a lot more competitive that the "experts" think.

:eek:hmy:

I hope you're right. That's all.

:eek:hmy:

I hope you're right. That's all.

Georgia will badly miss Chubb and Michel and they will be rebuilding their defense. I think Georgia loses to South Carolina,LSU,Auburn and Georgia Tech and will be stumbling into the Outback Bowl with an 8-5 record after getting crushed by 12-0 Alabama in the SECCG.

Florida is going to be down the next few seasons. Their recruiting class for 2019 isn't great and ranked i believe in the mid-upper 30s. I think Tennessee will play hard and surprise people and the SEC East in 2018 will be a lot more competitive than the "experts" think.

Their 2019 class is a higher star average than ours right now.

There's absolutely no way to know any of this stuff. We hope, but don't know, Pruitt will succeed as a head coach. Dan Mullen did a great job at MSU. One would reason that should carry over to FLA. McElroy is just fanning the flames to give people something to talk about in the off season. File this under doesn't matter till we line up and play. Given the history, sure, I would give the edge to FLA.

Here are the reasons he picked UF, in this order:

1.) Top 25 in team production returning (Link)

2.) No mass suspensions - that had a very large effect on last season, and a big part of why shark humper got canned

3.) First time coach (Pruitt) mulligan season - Just like Smart and Mullen had their first years

4.) Mullen / New staff

Also, recently Mullen has done a lot with much less - his best two QBs had 3* (Prescott) and 2* (Fitzgerald) respectively when they were recruited out of high school

Last edited:
Here are the reasons he picked UF, in this order:

1.) Top 25 in team production returning (Link)

2.) No mass suspensions - that had a very large effect on last season, and a big part of why shark humper got canned

3.) First time coach (Pruitt) mulligan season - Just like Smart and Mullen had their first years

4.) Mullen / New staff

Also, recently Mullen has done a lot with much less - his best two QBs had 3* (Prescott) and 2* (Fitzgerald) respectively when they were recruited out of high school

1. Mullen is extremely overhyped

2. Also, Florida only won four games last year and would have only won three if Tennessee's coaching didn't lose the game in Gainesville last year.

3. Florida's QB situation still isn't great. Just because Mullen is there doesn't mean Franks is going to turn into Tebow.

2. Also, Florida only won four games last year and would have only won three if Tennessee's coaching didn't lose the game in Gainesville last year.

3. Florida's QB situation still isn't great. Just because Mullen is there doesn't mean Franks is going to turn into Tebow.

UF only won four games largely because of the fraud thing plus firing the head coach halfway through the season

I'lll agree with you on point 3, and I don't even like Franks. I think Trask and Jones can do better than Franks

Well while we're throwing excuses out there I think outside of crappy coaching one of Tennessee's biggest issues if not the biggest over the last couple of years was injuries I doubt any team in the country was hurt more by injuries over the last few years than Tennessee.

Well while we're throwing excuses out there I think outside of crappy coaching one of Tennessee's biggest issues if not the biggest over the last couple of years was injuries I doubt any team in the country was hurt more by injuries over the last few years than Tennessee.

I saw a stat somewhere where we had more missed playing time by our starters than any other Power Five school in both of the last two seasons.

Their offense will be wayyyy better and they always have a decent defense because of athletes. If you think we can hold Mullen with that talent under 30 you're insane.

mcelroy_mcelwain.jpg

McElroy had Insider information about the Gator situation last year.

McEl - roy
McEl - wain

the ultimate yin yang

roy wain

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reactions: cbe

VN Store

Back