Greg McElroy says Florida

I know Dak was there, and he’s even better than we ever expected. It’s a helluva lot easier to recruit to Florida than Starkville. I don’t think you can say Mullen is overrated. I hope he is, but if he gets his guy there at QB it’s gonna be difficult. I actually really like Pruitt and think that we are about relive the 90’s, but I think UGA is the real deal too. Once Saban retires then the balance of power returns.

I’m proof that you can say Mullen is overrated...cuz I just did. :) Not overrated as a good coach...but as a home run hire, as he’s been billed.

Reactions: 3 people
andddd Muschamp couldn’t get traction to save his life at Florida...

Then goes to SOUTH CAROLINA on a weird and botched hire after Tom Herman told them to piss off after they lost to the citidel........and has (surprisingly) built a much better and more consistent program than he ever had at Florida...

It’s hard to tell these things. Pruitt could be the next Nick Saban, Mullen might be coaching at UTEP in 3 years. Or vice versa.

will "win convincingly" against the lowly Vols.

Given both the Gators and Vols had (4) win seasons in 2017, what makes people think and pick Florida as being so much better than Tennessee?

What am I missing? :unsure:

Ppl just hatin' on the Vols as usual.

Hear ye hear ye:
Vols will beat Gators in the swamp. Pruitt is rolling at 4-0. Vols ranked inside top 20 until gauntlet

Reactions: 1 person
I notice that you said that Fulmer was not very good against Florida. Well, in those days, who was good against them???

Bobby Bowden. He went 8-5-1 against Spurrier.

I don't think Fulmer was good enough to win that often against Spurrier, but he could have done better than 3-7.

Phil was 5-9 overall against Spurrier; remember, Spurrier even went 2-2 against Fulmer while at South Carolina. He almost always had Phil's number, even with an inferior team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Ppl just hatin' on the Vols as usual.

Hear ye hear ye:
Vols will beat Gators in the swamp. Pruitt is rolling at 4-0. Vols ranked inside top 20 until gauntlet

Not to argue semantics, but since your name is KingGenius, that game is in Knoxville this year. I also think UT beats Florida.

Reactions: 4 people
Jordan Roger's said we made a mistake bc shiano was the guy. He said it on Jared and gm.

Somebody actually listens to Jordan Rodgers? He is a total Vandy anti-Vol and I don't expect him to ever say anything but negative comments about the Vols. He likes Schiano because he really thinks UT would be a loser with him as coach. Ignore!!!

Mullen is the reason.

If you look at Mullen's record, he is good at coaching quarterbacks, but it usually takes a year or two. His first year with a new QB at MS they usually went around .500, 7-6 or 6-7, then got better as the quarterback improved. He has been very down one season and up the next. We can win this game if Pruitt has his Vols get rid of the "Florida" mentality they have generally had in the past and play Pruitt's defense. GBO.

I rewatched last year's Georgia game to get an idea of the 3-4, and I really think we are going to be a lot better then the experts predict. There were so many issues I saw that seemed to be directly related to coaching. Timid/uncertain play calling, lack of QB confidence and decision making, poor WR rout running and body control, poor coverage and bad angles, missed tackles... not to mention the poisonous leadership of the Butch Jones. I really think that if this staff is worth their salt and is as good as advertised, along with real gains in the weight room for the first time in years, then we win 2/3 between WV, Fla, SC we sweep November and go 8-4 with a chance for 9.

I rewatched last year's Georgia game to get an idea of the 3-4, and I really think we are going to be a lot better then the experts predict. There were so many issues I saw that seemed to be directly related to coaching. Timid/uncertain play calling, lack of QB confidence and decision making, poor WR rout running and body control, poor coverage and bad angles, missed tackles... not to mention the poisonous leadership of the Butch Jones. I really think that if this staff is worth their salt and is as good as advertised, along with real gains in the weight room for the first time in years, then we win 2/3 between WV, Fla, SC we sweep November and go 8-4 with a chance for 9.

I’ve always felt that if they some how can win against WV and then roll into neyland 3-0 against FL and beat them that it would propel this team to 8-4

will "win convincingly" against the lowly Vols.

Given both the Gators and Vols had (4) win seasons in 2017, what makes people think and pick Florida as being so much better than Tennessee?

What am I missing? :unsure:
But Pruitt beat Mullen time after time after time.:)

Not to argue semantics, but since your name is KingGenius, that game is in Knoxville this year. I also think UT beats Florida.

Well that's not semantics.

Thats just being deadass wrong.

Unless the semantics concern the effective meaning of King Genius.

In that case you may have a point

Not saying we're for sure gonna lose to em but we had some people predict not too long ago that Butch Jones might win a NC

Some of our fans are loyal to a fault. Blinders are on until the axe drops, then all of a sudden we all “knew” Coach X wasn’t the guy since day 1.

VN Store

Back