Grant Williams to the Celtics

Awesome. I'm really happy for Grant and I hope he thrives in Boston.

*I've loved the Celtics since I was a kid. I saw them at TBA when I was in middle school. View attachment 209683

Wow. I was at that game, too. Always been a Celtic fan. My dad took me and I was stoked to See Bird play. Then he and Harvey Grant get tossed for fighting, lol. Wonder what year that was? I didn't see it on the ticket.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
If my data is correct, the 22nd pick gets a 2 year guaranteed contract. They can negotiate from 80% - 120% of the $1,980,700 pay scale which I didn’t know about as I understood the pay scale was set. Hard to imagine GW won’t make good choices with the cash although taxes and agent fees probably take a large chunk of it

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Being a Celtics fan, I was ecstatic to see Grant drafted by them, especially after the tumultuous couple of weeks the Celtics have been through. I wonder what jersey number he will wear... #2 is retired for Red Auerbach.

Reactions: JCP201 and ATC_VOL
The second coming of Larry Bird; only more athletic, but the passing and relentless attitude sure reminds one.

Williams doesn't have the monster ceiling of some, but will be much further along than the average rookie and he will get tons of easy shots in Brad Stevens' offense with the threats the y have.

Pick makes a lot of sense.

Wow. I was at that game, too. Always been a Celtic fan. My dad took me and I was stoked to See Bird play. Then he and Harvey Grant get tossed for fighting, lol. Wonder what year that was? I didn't see it on the ticket.
Screenshot_20190621-123051_Firefox.jpg
This was on UT's website. The date was on the back of my ticket but it was ripped at 198..

The Bulls and Sonics played in TBA too but I didn't go to that game. I wish the NBA still had exhibition games at TBA. My kids would love it.

Good for him and the Celtics. It’s a good pick of scheme wise as well. The Celtics have done a good job the last few years using the under size four and making it work. The Morris brother comes to mind. They also use Gordon Hayward in that roll to.

View attachment 209725
This was on UT's website. The date was on the back of my ticket but it was ripped at 198..

The Bulls and Sonics played in TBA too but I didn't go to that game. I wish the NBA still had exhibition games at TBA. My kids would love it.

I went to both those games, Larry Bird actually got into a fight with Harvey Grant in that game!!

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
I remember that game too. I just remember about a 40 foot bounce pass between defenders that wowed me.

I agree Thunder. And BTW, nice avatar - Calvert Grant DeForest aka, Larry Bud Melman. Nice homage.

With Horford and Marcus Morris gone, I could see Grant Williams as being the 1st guy off the bench by Spring 2020.

Gordon Hayward is going to have a cap on his minutes AND the per 36 minutes stats of Hayward's back ups are underwhleming.

Guerschon Yabusele 13.5 points 8 boards

Semi Ojeleye - 11 points 5 boards

Daniel Theis is a bit more productive than that but he'll have to back up at Center until Robert Williams develops.

Damn I miss him. Took someone off the dribble then a nice floater!

VN Store

Back