Votes: 264 51.4%
  • C

Votes: 228 44.4%
  • D

Votes: 14 2.7%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I want to ask a question as I am curious as to what you all would answer and I think influences the seasonal grade.

Who was the 4th best opponent Tennessee played after Florida, Georgia and Alabama?

Had Missouri not been as banged up as they were I would have said them. However, being that they were, I would probably give the nod to Kentucky at 4th. Indiana was not bad and a close 5th. We just did not play very well last night, even though we won.

I would place Miss St and BYU a notch below those two...but we really should have won the BYU game. BYU was maybe a little better than South Carolina, not much.

Last edited:
For those giving us a B, WHAT WOULD BE AN A. If we lost zero games and won the NATY that would be an A, how about if we won the SEC, would that be an A, how about we lost just one game, would that be an A? It seems for many, we are close to getting an A. Things sure have changed at UT over the years. Getting a B isn't as good as it used to be. Parents pay attention, if your child is enrolled at UT, and getting mostly B's, this isn't as good as you may have thought! God Forbid they may be getting a C here and there-it may be time for a Butt Kicking.

Last edited:
D+. Losses to GaSt and BYU inexcusable. Close to losing to a bad UK team. I just can't get to a C with the inexcusable start. Game by game:
GaSt - F 0
BYU - F 0
TnChat - Incomplete (no grade)
UF - F 0
UGA - F 0
MSU - B 3.0
Bama - C 2.0
SC - A 4.0
UAB - A 4.0
UK - C 2.0
Mizzou -B 3.0
Vandy - B- 3.0
Ind - C- 2.0

Total 23 / 12 = 1.92 (Not quite a C)

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
How we even made a bowl game let alone win that bowl game will always be one of life’s mysteries to me.

In 30 plus years of being a vols fan this is by far the strangest season we have ever had.

The onside kick was probably the prettiest onside I have ever seen. Gray literally waited for the ball the cross and come into his body and did it calmly. Thing of beauty.

My point is that I would lower him a letter grade because the schedule screams 10-3 (maybe 9-4 because a better season gets a better bowl and better bowl opponent)

But, despite winning to end the season the only game I thought they really looked good in was South Carolina.

I’d go B- with the record because it’s what I thought they would do before the season, but C- seems more appropriate.

We did not have a QB on the roster to get us to 9-4 or 10-3.

If every game was a grade:

D- Georgia St
C- BYU

B+ Chattanooga
F Florida
D+ Georgia
B+ Mississippi St
C+ Alabama
A- South Carolina
B+ UAB
B Kentucky
B- Mizzou
B+ Vanderbilt
B- Indiana

Overall - B- due to the 7-1 finish, and marked improvement...

How in gods name can you give anything other than F's for these two games?

Reactions: MemphisVol77
How in gods name can you give anything other than F's for these two games?
Georgia St could be an F due to the being heavy favorites, but they were still a bowl team and yes in NO WAY should UT had lost to them, but we played well enough to win other than JG's mistakes and a banged up defense that was not the same unit as later in the season. I had D- because we still had our chances to win and blew it, it's not like we got smashed by 40 points to them

BYU wasn't an F, UT's defense pretty much shut down BYU's offense and Pruitt had the team in position to win, even as bad as our offense had been. It was literally ONE defensive play breakdown by the DB which cost us the win.

These losses are terrible by UT standards yes, but not the failing grade like Florida was where the game was out of reach and we couldnt do anything on offense or defense all game long

With the final record alone it would be a C+ for me, but with the 6 game winning streak to end the season just adds that extra credit for me to squeak it in at a B-. Definitely shouldn't have lost the first two but with how the season ended with such an upswing this will motivate the team and give a reason for upcoming recruits to trust these coaches in the next recruiting cycle.

One on side kick fail fr a C- And one less blown coverages against BYU for a B+

I want to ask a question as I am curious as to what you all would answer and I think influences the seasonal grade.

Who was the 4th best opponent Tennessee played after Florida, Georgia and Alabama?
I want to say SC. They looked bad a lot of times but they had the potential, they did beat Georgia.

Okay after Auburn, is Tennessee Floridas best win? I suppose you can debate Virgina since it was for a NY6 bowl, but let's keep it regular season.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Gave it a B.. I thought ceiling was 9 max with bowl win before the season started. It's impressive non the less with 4-8 and 5-7 seasons before this year. Shows improvement.

rated a B.....but should be B-.....

I would've rated it a C- except for how far we've actually improved since going winless in the SEC under deepsheet jones......

So--all things considered---it's like many college courses.....throw out the lowest test score (Georgia State).....and the highest test score (USCe)......and you've got a B- season IMO.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
My scale is:

A - dominate mediocre to bad teams, beat more than 50% of elite teams

B - handily beat mediocre to bad teams. Compete for entire game against elite teams. Maybe win one or two.

C - Beat most mediocre to bad teams. Not competitive against elite teams

D - beat less than half of mediocre to bad teams. Blown out early against elite teams.

F - Squeak out a win or two against mediocre to bad teams. Don't even try in games against elite teams.

This season = C-

You mean the fourth best after Alabama, Georgia and Florida, right? (Your order was reversed😁)

At the time we thought it was SC. I see where you are going - we beat a bunch of crappy teams so we shouldn’t grade too high. That’s why I graded at a C- who knows maybe it was IU?

VN Store

Back