• C

Votes: 228 44.4%
  • D

Votes: 14 2.7%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Started out as a F, midterm was a C+ and ended a B-. Jmo
I’m on the fence between a B- and C+. Pre season I thought we’d get to 8 wins including the bowl. So from an overall record I’d say a C. But finishing 5th overall in the SEC and winning a bowl is worthy of a B.

Last edited:
Total season a "C". Continually playing JG and not trying to develop a younger QB and not playing Gray full time.

Reactions: sjt18
I gave it an C because we still lost 2 games we shouldn't have lost but very proud of the fight of this team. Most would've taken 8-5 at the beginning of the season. But this is our last time losing 5 games a season under Pruitt! Gbo

I gave it an C because we still lost 2 games we shouldn't have lost but very proud of the fight of this team. Most would've taken 8-5 at the beginning of the season. But this is our last time losing 5 games a season under Pruitt! Gbo

That’s a bold statement given next year’s slate and our uncertainty at QB, losses at WR, and key defensive losses (warrior, bituli, and Taylor).

I see a “guaranteed” 4 loss in FL, UGA, UA, and Oklahoma (contrary to my “Oklahoma is beatable next year” thread). I think they are beatable, but I’m not sure we will have the personnel with enough experience to go on the road and do it.

That means we have to beat everyone we should beat, and that’s no easy task now that Kentucky has a respectable coach and Missouri has a wildcard staff with some decent (comparable to us) talent.

But I hope you’re right!

Gave B grade. About where I predicted in preseason, though the path to get there was much different. At the end of the day, given the record stays the same, I guess i'd rather be 5-3 in conference and win 7 of last 8, than lose to MSt or Miz or KY or SC and win the OOC games. On to next season, I'm hoping HB lights it up because I'm not sure we can do much better next year with inconsistent play at QB. At this point, JG is what he is...good kid, competitor, VFL, but way too inconsistent to take us to the next level.

If we were 10-3, like we should be, I'd give the season an A.

Let’s be honest, having watched our games this season, did we look like a team that should be 10-3 in the SEC? I know we should have beat Ga St and BYU but we could have easily turned around and lost to Miss St and Ky. Before the season started I thought that if we ended up with 8 wins it would be considered a successful season so I grade it at a B.

10-3 is a good season and that's the conservative finish. Been a while since Tennessee won 10 games.

Considering how started the season and how it ended... a solid B is how I’d grade us. Looking forward to next season!

VN Store

Back