Gone but not forgotten: Knoxville area restaurants and retailers we miss.

Right and it is so hard to imagine now. Even in the late eighties when I had surgery I smoked in the hospital and at my desk when I sold furniture back then. People smoked in movie theaters and everywhere.
It took banning smoking in the the office for me cut way back on those Reds, but kicked it for good after learning I had prostate cancer 20 years ago I, In the early 89s I'd light up after a 6-mile run

Reactions: Vjcvette
Was there a Spaghetti Warehouse in Knoxville? I have very vague memories of going to one when I was really young… I thought it was the coolest place.

Yeah, I want to say we used to get certificates for a free kids meal when you got all As or As/Bs when I was in elementary school.

Although that was the only freebie we ever got that we didn't use because my Mom was (and still is) deathly afraid of downtown. I've done everything possible and can't shake her out of it.

Reactions: MAD
Yeah, I want to say we used to get certificates for a free kids meal when you got all As or As/Bs when I was in elementary school.

Although that was the only freebie we ever got that we didn't use because my Mom was (and still is) deathly afraid of downtown. I've done everything possible and can't shake her out of it.
She must have had a bad experience.

I can’t believe how amazing those RC planes are.
They are, for sure! Not my thing, but impressed with the amount of detail that those hobbyists put into it. I vaguely remember my folks taking me to another RC airstrip....perhaps near Melton Hill or Karns. I enjoyed putting models together after that, but wasn't into RC.

Reactions: MAD
They are, for sure! Not my thing, but impressed with the amount of detail that those hobbyists put into it. I vaguely remember my folks taking me to another RC airstrip....perhaps near Melton Hill or Karns. I enjoyed putting models together after that, but wasn't into RC.
The only thing I remember building were those battleships. I’d get bored half way through.

Reactions: TN Jed
Does anyone remember a place east of the strip that I believe was about a block away. I was there in 1980 and they had pitchers of rum and coke for $3.00

VN Store

Back