Going into the Vandy game 5-6?

Beat UAB
USCe just play the game of their year they’ll have a major let down
Missouri with Bryant is a wildcard Pruitt dials up pressure then the Vols will win
UK they barely edged out Arkansas so please explain why they aren’t a W.
Vandy is Vandy and trash
Seriously? I am not willing to bet on the Vols in any of those games. Not even UAB. We lost two defensive players. Our QB situation is terrible. I need to see more. Especially on offense.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Those Brainfart games vs Ga St and Byu are really pissing Tenn off at the end.

It might work out. Because now they'll be playing with an edge the rest of the season.

Mizzou and South Carolina are not push games. We'll be the underdogs

This has to be the year we beat Muschamp...

It might work out. Because now they'll be playing with an edge the rest of the season.

Mizzou and South Carolina are not push games. We'll be the underdogs

This has to be the year we beat Muschamp...

It wouldn't surprise me at all that Tennessee beat SC. It will be a real tragedy if the Vols miss a bowl by one win. Dammit those two games.

I can imagine beating UAB, UK and Vandy. USC has that Muschamp mojo going against us. Missouri is and seemingly always has been our kryptonite. Of the two, USC seems far more realistic. We've improved no doubt, but I have a very hard time seeing us take UAB, USC, UK and KY. I think a 5 win season is much more realistic. Hope to hades they prove me wrong. Making a bowl game this year would be an absolutely HUGE statement on the recruiting trail. We need a great class this year....badly.

UAB, USC, UK & KY? You meant Vandy? Anyways, I'm afraid the bowl game has left the dock in the form of Gstate & Byu. Pitiful aint it?

Right now, UK, UAB and Vandy are looking like wins. That puts us needing 1 of USCe, Bama and Mizzou to get to 6-6. Bammer is a for sure loss, Mizzou is a probable loss and USCe is a toss up. Really need to get that one.

I would almost bet the house they won't make a bowl. And it's not necessarily because they can't. It's because I don't think they will want to. This group has deliberately done everything they can to avoid getting to a bowl. Last year they knocked off Kentucky and then they just fall apart against Missouri and Vanderbilt. It was pretty well documented some players said they didn't want to go through another month of practice to go to a mediocre Bowl. A lot of those players are still there and it only takes a couple

I think the ones we have now want to win, and will give 100%

Reactions: preacherwebb
The problem is that we are dealing with the worst Tennessee team in history also LOL. The Mississippi State win was nice but we can't say just yet we are back. We thought the same thing after Auburn and Kentucky last year
This years team would demolish the 17 and maybe 18 team.

Lost in all this is the power of the bye week. Missouri has uga away while we get a late season bye. UK has a bye before us and gets us at home, I personally think we have a better shot at both these games than Scar. UAB will be tough and has a bye before us so we'll get the kitchen sink, and vandy is a gimme.

some insight on UAB. Defense is playing really well - Top 10 ranking. Schedule to date has been weak though.

Lost a crazy # of players - most starters on both sides of the ball. Depth issues but Bill Clark is a great coach. Two really good receivers and the QB is hot and cold but is a capable runner when needed.

UT will out talent them, out depth them but Clark might out coach Pruitt.

Possible wins SC, UK, UAB
Possible losses Bama, Mizzou

The Miss St win was huge for the Vols to have even a glimpse of hope in making a bowl game. None of the next 5 opponents are below .500 currently. Of the possible wins only UK is on the road. As of today Bama is 1 in the West and Mizzou is 1 in the East. Although Mizzou cannot be ranked in the coaches poll they should crack the top 25 in the AP when the new polls are released today and with that game on the road it will be even tougher.

SC is tough defensively. Even if their QB is out the 3rd string guy is very mobile and there was no change to the offense when he was in the game. They get Florida next week and if they pull off 2 upsets in a row then we might be getting them at the worst possible time. I personally feel this is the toughest of the possible win games the Vols have. A loss here and every remaining game becomes a must win to make a bowl.
Key to victory: no targetting penalties in second half of the Bama game. The Vols need the same D that showed up against Miss St.

UAB comes into Knoxville after SC. They have a 5-1 record currently with their only loss being to WKU. Can we call Helton and get the Defensive plan they utilized to hold UAB to their season low 13 points? Vols should be favored at home here and win.
Key to victory: Be prepared and take this game and this team extremely serious. Can't have the Vols team that played the home opener show up for homecoming.

UK is statistically similar to the Vols in scoring and most offensive and defensive stats. They righted the ship this weekend holding off Arkansas but they also lost easily to the same Miss St. team the Vols just beat. That may mean something or nothing at all. Currently the Cats are the favorite according to ESPN but that can change easily over the next few weeks. I like the Vols chances here on the road at Kroger Field to sack a few Cats and bag up a victory. (Horrible grocery store jokes please dont laugh AT me)
Key to victory: Stay focused for 60 minutes. This game will come down to who makes the most of the other teams mistakes.

Anything is possible but how do you feel about the Vols going into their final game at home in neyland in front of 102,455 on Nov 30th with a chance to make a bowl?

We beat SC..Believe the Bowl will happen

Reactions: preacherwebb
5-6? Ya'll are nuts. 4 wins is the ceiling, up to that point. A very high ceiling. Vandy could be the 5th.
I mean, beat Bama? LOL. Beat UAB? Maybe. Beat USC, maybe. Beat Missouri, no. Beat UK, a very unlikely maybe. I like our chances against Vandy. But definitely not a gimme.
I consider myself a NegaVol but even I think there's an okay chance we can have 5 wins going into the VU game.
SC is possible win (looks less likely after their UGA upset) because they are as inconsistent as it gets this year.
UAB is a win as long as we dont do what we did against GSU.
Kentucky is a possible win because for whatever reason we almost always beat them no matter how horrid we are

Don't expect you do ever agree with anything I say. It's ok

I dont look at it as a bad thing at all.

If Ga ST was as bad as it looked, and it's well documented here, we dont win Saturday by just being slightly better. We were slightly better the next week.

I dont look at it as a bad thing at all.

If Ga ST was as bad as it looked, and it's well documented here, we dont win Saturday by just being slightly better. We were slightly better the next week.
Can't really expect to beat alabama anyway..that was never in the cards for this year

USC jr. deserves respect for knocking off UGA. The are a very solid team. But let's remember that they got curb stomped by Mizzou. A Mizzouri team that lost to friggin Wyoming to start the year and struggled with Ole Miss last week.

The point is, no one left on our schedule, sans Bama, is an upper echelon team. Mizzou and USC jr are better than we are currently, but they are completely beatable. I don't expect to win those games, but I like our chances.

I would argue no. There's a lot of guys on this team that have deliberately avoided going to a bowl game for a couple years. They didn't want the extra practices. Supposedly some of the players got together last year and looked at their last three games and determined which one they wanted to win the most and they chose Kentucky. Then they just totally whiffed on the other two. They didn't want to go through another month of practice just to go to a mediocre Bowl. It doesn't take the whole team to have that mindset. If it's just a couple players it can doom you.

What a conspiracy, dumb post

VN Store

Back