Going into the Vandy game 5-6?

USC jr. deserves respect for knocking off UGA. The are a very solid team. But let's remember that they got curb stomped by Mizzou. A Mizzouri team that lost to friggin Wyoming to start the year and struggled with Ole Miss last week.

The point is, no one left on our schedule, sans Bama, is an upper echelon team. Mizzou and USC jr are better than we are currently, but they are completely beatable. I don't expect to win those games, but I like our chances.
Mizz has a good QB and one of the best defenses. Wyoming was a fluke. They have a legit chance at the East. Ol miss QB plumlee is going to be a problem. Geez he's fast. Usc has a good D and hillinski is better than Maurer. I keep seeing people referring to the 3rd string QB but last I heard hillinski just had a knee sprain and was probably playing this weekend or did they find damage?

Mizz has a good QB and one of the best defenses. Wyoming was a fluke. They have a legit chance at the East. Ol miss QB plumlee is going to be a problem. Geez he's fast. Usc has a good D and hillinski is better than Maurer. I keep seeing people referring to the 3rd string QB but last I heard hillinski just had a knee sprain and was probably playing this weekend or did they find damage?

Mizzou's best win is USC jr. While it was a dominating win, they've yet to play a really good team. Why is Wyoming a fluke but UGA losing to USC jr not a fluke? Ole Miss is also not good, regardless how good Plumlee may be.

Again, I'm not saying we are on par with USCjr or Mizzou. They are better coached (sadly, since Muschamp is a turrible coach) and have more experience. But both teams are very beatable.

After watching last night I can now easily see this team gaining momentum and finishing the year 6-6 or dare I say 7-5. Did we just witness the last loss for the 2019 season? No doubt this team is coming together and has improved at every position.

I guess it comes down to 1 simple question, quarterback? Maurer has the talent to lead this team to a bowl undoubtedly. The question here is can he get and remain healthy.

My current predictions:
Maurer at QB 6-6
Shrout at QB 4-8
JG at QB 3-9
Walk on at QB 3-9

I'm in the boat that honestly I'd play a walk on before I ever put JG back on the field. I pray Maurer is doing well and can be cleared for play against SC. If he's not 100% sit him and take our chances with Shrout.

Go Vols!

With 5 win teams going to bowls, we may be able to make it, just three more wins!!! I know most fans care more about going to a bowl than the actual state of the program, or so it seems when you read their posts. But for me, a 5 win bowl is like a participation trophy-better than nothing.

After watching last night I can now easily see this team gaining momentum and finishing the year 6-6 or dare I say 7-5. Did we just witness the last loss for the 2019 season? No doubt this team is coming together and has improved at every position.

I guess it comes down to 1 simple question, quarterback? Maurer has the talent to lead this team to a bowl undoubtedly. The question here is can he get and remain healthy.

My current predictions:
Maurer at QB 6-6
Shrout at QB 4-8
JG at QB 3-9
Walk on at QB 3-9

I'm in the boat that honestly I'd play a walk on before I ever put JG back on the field. I pray Maurer is doing well and can be cleared for play against SC. If he's not 100% sit him and take our chances with Shrout.

Go Vols!
Man was I wrong. JG and Shrout both played very well tonight. The future is looking good regardless of QB. Tonight was a must win against a very good S. Carolina team. The Vols first win over Muschamp as well so that monkey is off our back now. JJ was a beast 189 total yards. Callaway showed out over 100 yards and a punt return. Bituli played out his mind and Taylor showed up big in another SEC game. The team overcame so highly questionable officiating in the first half and some guys got nicked up but thebteamnjust kept coming together. Pruitt has a group of believers and a bowl game is definitely reasonable. Overall the best game of the year by far. Recruits were in abundance onhand and they got to see firsthand what Rocky Top football is all about.

Go Vols!

Reactions: knox73

VN Store

Back