Glad to see Coach Pruitt not swayed by some of the brainless wonders on here

I don’t expect him to. He will make millions of dollars whether he is successful or not. Meanwhile, the fans keep showing up and many of you keep buying the same old bs.

So we agree? He shouldn't care and it's his job that's on the line. We can't do much other than complain on a message board, boo at the games or not come to the games.

Glad to see Coach Pruitt being diligent in his search and not being swayed by public opininon. Shows me he is gonna run the program the way he sees fit and not the way some Grannie whiners on here see it.
If our coach takes anything on Volnation website very serious then we've hired the wrong coach.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
So we agree? He shouldn't care and it's his job that's on the line. We can't do much other than complain on a message board, boo at the games or not come to the games.
I think we agree that he understands it’s his job on the line, but I think it also foolish, at this point in his tenure, to understand what he is dealing with regarding the fanbase. We have done our part. Over and over again. He can play the Saban game and remain silent and indifferent to the fanbase if he so chooses, but he better start putting a better product out on the field if he thinks that will garner fan for support very long.

These OC threads are evidence of battered vol syndrome whether the posts are made by posivols or negavols

And you really think someone else would have done better with this roster ? Who would that be.
Me..

Wtf kind of answer do you want?

If you want specific, I cant give you a name because i dont know. If you want a general answer;
A guy who had been a successful head coach in a Power 5 conference. A guy who would have had more experience hiring staff, dealing with the press and just general being a HC stuff.

I know it hurts the soul of some of you guys who assume if a coach is wearing Orange he is obviously the best there could possibly be. I have news for you, Pruitt was a guy we had to settle for due to various reasons and incompetence by the AD. He was not pursued by any Power 5 school as a HC not even in the SEC or ACC where he is well known.

CJP may go on to be the greatest coach to ever walk the sidelines. However for those not wearing orange colored glasses that was difficult to envision during the multiple blowout losses.

I hope he is successful because I'm sick of the embarrassment this program currently is and hope my son gets to enjoy some fun football before he is 30. Right now there is zero proof this staff can get us there. Unless you count the sunshine pumpers telling everyone how much progress they saw...

Me..

Wtf kind of answer do you want?

If you want specific, I cant give you a name because i dont know. If you want a general answer;
A guy who had been a successful head coach in a Power 5 conference. A guy who would have had more experience hiring staff, dealing with the press and just general being a HC stuff.

I know it hurts the soul of some of you guys who assume if a coach is wearing Orange he is obviously the best there could possibly be. I have news for you, Pruitt was a guy we had to settle for due to various reasons and incompetence by the AD. He was not pursued by any Power 5 school as a HC not even in the SEC or ACC where he is well known.

CJP may go on to be the greatest coach to ever walk the sidelines. However for those not wearing orange colored glasses that was difficult to envision during the multiple blowout losses.

I hope he is successful because I'm sick of the embarrassment this program currently is and hope my son gets to enjoy some fun football before he is 30. Right now there is zero proof this staff can get us there. Unless you count the sunshine pumpers telling everyone how much progress they saw...

Well he is the best we have, so not sure what people like you have to bitch about everything. And you seem to know everything that is wrong so i just thought you would have the answer. And no not a pumper just get tired of the same posters having something negative to say in every thread. If you are that embarrassed try bama or ga.

Well he is the best we have, so not sure what people like you have to bitch about everything. And you seem to know everything that is wrong so i just thought you would have the answer. And no not a pumper just get tired of the same posters having something negative to say in every thread. If you are that embarrassed try bama or ga.

Tends to happen this time of year when fans don't have a bowl game to discuss.

VolNation didn't have near as much to do with nixing Shamoo as many like to think. Powerful people that could not care less about VolNation and Vol Twitter got involved and killed that deal.. I know that's not what some want to hear but it's the truth..

Unfortunately we got the blame because of the outcry and protest.
One of the most powerful place to send a message is to paint the rock and get it rolling on twitter. That happened on Shiano Sunday.

One of the most powerful place to send a message is to paint the rock and get it rolling on twitter. That happened on Shiano Sunday.

If you get the rock rolling, that would definitely make headlines

Tends to happen this time of year when fans don't have a bowl game to discuss.

When they do, its "who cares about this participation trophy bowl"....blah blah blah.

With some the bishing and crying won't stop with anything, there will just be less of it when the wins start coming. Until that happens, it is what it is.

When they do, its "who cares about this participation trophy bowl"....blah blah blah.

With some the bishing and crying won't stop with anything, there will just be less of it when the wins start coming. Until that happens, it is what it is.
We may never get to find out.

The post you replied to was not negative in any shape or form. This season was underwhelming when we look at another 4-8 team from 2017 that turned it around in a very big way this season.

It seems to me you're simply looking for something to be butthurt about. Because if calling a 5-7 season with multiple blowouts underwhelming gets you fired up enough to respond you are definitely a pumper

Last edited:
If you bet on whether or not the UT decision was correct, or the fan criticism was correct.. the fan criticism would be like 500 for 500 over the past decade.

Criticizing dragging out a hire over weeks before signing day is valid. But even if it wasn't, who deserves the benefit of the doubt if we are going off the current tally?

The post you replied to was not negative in any shape or form. This season was underwhelming when we look at another 4-8 team from 2017 that turned it around in a very big way this season.

It seems to me you're simply looking for something to be butthurt about. Because if calling a 5-7 season with multiple blowouts underwhelming gets you fired up enough to respond you are definitely a pumper

Lol okay.

Agreed. It's that way with some people here and in life in general. Find the negative in anything.

I am still basking in the glow from the Basketvols yesterday. Would rather be discussing a bowl game as well instead of posting snarky responses about coaching searches but is what it is.

VN Store

Back