Glad It's Over

Lol nothing Notable is going to happen. Maybe vacated wins but their weren’t many to vacate under Pruitt to begin with
UT should go ahead and vacate those 16 wins before the NCAA forces them to 😂

I assume we paid Pruitt's full buyout? His attorney was publicly threatening us last October, but he has been quiet ever since.
We didn't pay a thing.

UT should go ahead and vacate those 16 wins before the NCAA forces them to 😂
The NCAA normally only vacates wins from games in which players who received illegal benefits participated. That means the 5 wins from 2018 are probably safe. The NCAA will use the list of complicit players to decide which wins from 2019 and 2020 must be vacated. That will be some number up to 11.

So, for instance, if Henry To'o To'o was one of the players who got illegal benefits (I'm not saying he was, this is just an example), the NCAA will look at what games he played in. It just so happens he played in every single game his freshman (2019) and sophomore (2020) seasons. Which means we would vacate all 8+3 victories of those two years.

Last edited:
Just turned on Andy Staples emergency podcast . They spent about 10 minutes talking the actual ramifications and the rest of the time talking the menus of the places where they took recruits . They don’t seem concerned

We didn't pay a thing.

The NCAA normally only vacates wins from games in which players who received illegal benefits participated. That means the 5 wins from 2018 are probably safe. The NCAA will use the list of complicit players to decide which wins from 2019 and 2020 must be vacated. That will be some number up to 11.

So, for instance, if Henry To'o To'o was one of the players who got illegal benefits, the NCAA will look at what games he played in. It just so happens he played in every single game is freshman (2019) and sophomore (2020) seasons. Which means we would vacate all 8+3 victories of those two years.
Is anyone really going to care if we have to vacate those wins? I know I won’t care. It’s best to wipe the slate clean from the Pruitt era.

Is anyone really going to care if we have to vacate those wins? I know I won’t care. It’s best to wipe the slate clean from the Pruitt era.
Some folks care quite a bit where we stand in the all-time record books.

Some folks really would not like to see UGa pass us on the all-time wins list.

Some folks think hurting your own program just because you didn't like the guy who was in charge those three years is a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face. Remember, there were plenty of innocent young men, and a few good coaches, who served on those teams, too.

But if you don't care, fine. Care not, all you wish.

I put this on the another thread about this but wanted to share it here to as it does clarify some things.

Rocky Top Insider has a couple of good articles on this and doesn't really think much will happen to the current program.

The NCAA adjusted its punishment rules earlier this year to target specific individuals and not programs and players that weren’t involved in the violations.

While we will take appropriate responsibility, last fall, the university announced that we will not self-impose penalties that harm innocent student-athletes like postseason bans based upon the actions of coaches and staff who are no longer part of the institution,” Plowman said. “Under the NCAA’s new constitution, rules “must ensure to the greatest extent possible that penalties imposed for infractions do not punish programs or student-athletes not involved or implicated in the infraction(s).”

I put this on the another thread about this but wanted to share it here to as it does clarify some things.

Rocky Top Insider has a couple of good articles on this and doesn't really think much will happen to the current program.

The NCAA adjusted its punishment rules earlier this year to target specific individuals and not programs and players that weren’t involved in the violations.

While we will take appropriate responsibility, last fall, the university announced that we will not self-impose penalties that harm innocent student-athletes like postseason bans based upon the actions of coaches and staff who are no longer part of the institution,” Plowman said. “Under the NCAA’s new constitution, rules “must ensure to the greatest extent possible that penalties imposed for infractions do not punish programs or student-athletes not involved or implicated in the infraction(s).”

200.gif

Danny White will get us in the NCCAA.
This man has give us absolutely zero reason to have anything but faith is his ability to handle hard situations.
Rest easy Volnation, for once we have competent leadership

UT played this right. The NCAA wording virtually assures a slap on the wrist.
I think you are correct...also I think the reason UT’s administration was so cooperative was that it gave them a really cheap way to get rid of Pruitt. I wonder how it would have gone if Pruitt had been a successful coach??? Maybe the same way...maybe not.

Reactions: 37620VOL
I wonder if that’s where Kane gets his middle name.

Google William Randolph Hearst instead and see who his mistress was. She was pretty competent so Florence’s story got substituted instead. It’s funnier.

Reactions: Jravol78
I wonder if that’s where Kane gets his middle name.

Google William Randolph Hearst instead and see who his mistress was. She was pretty competent so Florence’s story got substituted instead. It’s funnier.
haha …. I wondered same about Charles Foster Kane

You are dead wrong. It has just started. The Ncaa bullies are going to hammer UT. We are their whipping boys. They will hammer us just because they know that we will accept any judgment they throw at us and we will grovel just like we have done so many times before. UT has never had the balls to stand up to them and we will not do so now. Get set for the green weenie. somebody pass
the vaseline.
Doubtful I think we won't get punishment but if we do it won't be bad.

Reactions: tbones0711

VN Store

Back