Glad It's Over

Glad this violations mess is over. Been enough looking back.
The PAST is gone - all of it. UT Vol Fans can move on. And if
the TV media starts it back up, bombard heavily.

Tennessee has 90 days to respond to the allegations.

The NCAA then will have 60 days to respond to the response.

its looking like a decent outcome but this mess is not over yet.

This will be over in six months or less. (90 days for UT to respond and it won't take them that long and 60 days for NCAA to respond and it may take them that long) Scholarship reduction, vacate wins, and fine. Then were free.

Last edited:
Reactions: kcvols1
I’m pretty sure that if the NCAA tries to throw down some harsh, gratuitous penalties on us, that Danny White will tell the NCAA to f*** Right Off in the most eloquent way possible.

So here's my question to the brain trust.
Let's say the hammer gets dropped big time-3: year bowl ban, scolly reductions, etc etc.

If DW indeed tells the NCAA to pound sand, quite frankly what then? What recourse does UT really have?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
You are dead wrong. It has just started. The Ncaa bullies are going to hammer UT. We are their whipping boys. They will hammer us just because they know that we will accept any judgment they throw at us and we will grovel just like we have done so many times before. UT has never had the balls to stand up to them and we will not do so now. Get set for the green weenie. somebody pass
the vaseline.

Too early to tell either way, but I don't think it will be THAT bad.

You are dead wrong. It has just started. The Ncaa bullies are going to hammer UT. We are their whipping boys. They will hammer us just because they know that we will accept any judgment they throw at us and we will grovel just like we have done so many times before. UT has never had the balls to stand up to them and we will not do so now. Get set for the green weenie. somebody pass
the vaseline.
Lighten up Francis. They’ve already said it isn’t lack of institutional control. Failure to monitor isn’t going to carry that harsh a penalty especially with the self imposed sanctions Tennessee has already imposed. NCAA is fighting for their lives now anyways. They don’t want any enemies

Let's say the hammer gets dropped big time-3: year bowl ban, scolly reductions, etc etc.

If DW indeed tells the NCAA to pound sand, quite frankly what then? What recourse does UT really have?
First the hammer isn’t getting dropped for failure to monitor. They’ve already taken lack of institutional control off the table. They’ve already said they’re looking to punish the offenders not to hamstring the coaches and athletes at the school now. Also already said Tennessee handled it as well as they could. Honestly I think the worst thing is going to be how long this drags out.

If something crazy came down there would be repercussions for the ncaa. Just quite frankly they don’t need the grief right now.

Man, there sure are a bunch of "chicken littles" posting in here. Lack of institutional control is off the table, people. The NCAA praises Tennessee for the proactive manner in which they handled the problem. There is no logic to vacating wins when none of the players that were allegedly paid actually played a down for UT. No additional sanctions. This is over in 150 days, give or take.

All of this is wrong. We aren’t gonna get hammered at all.

Oh, there will be SOMETHING. This is the NCAA's last big propoganda chance to justify their pathetic existence. They are looking just as absurd as the government does.

the vaseline.

what.?

When has the NCAA ever “whipped” UT? Please…..

I am too, but this feels embarrassing. Jeremy Pruitt's wife was making rent and car payments for players. That blows my mind.

the vaseline.
If that was the case, would that letter have commended Tennessee's administration for their "exemplary cooperation?" I have never seen a Notice of Allegations use that language before. In most cases, schools that are hammered, have been cited for a lack of institutional control. Not only is that not being alleged here, the NCAA has done just the opposite. They commended Tennessee for cooperating. I have no idea what the sanctions will be, but I doubt they will be as severe as what you are implying.

... and your last two sentences are juvenile. That is so stupid.

Tennessee has 90 days to respond to the allegations.

The NCAA then will have 60 days to respond to the response.

its looking like a decent outcome but this mess is not over yet.
LWS do you think we will take the full 90 days? As closely as they have worked wouldn't they know what the NCAA responses would be to questions?

I never saw anything in the article about WHEN these violation occurred. Was it during Pruitt’s entire tenure? Or just 2020 season?

We turned ourselves in, invited NCAA in to investigate along with us, fired all that were involved, self imposed sanctions. NCAA is now commending us for our cooperation and stating that this is the way all investigations should occur. If NCAA gives UTK more sanctions then no institution will cooperate with them again. NCAA is under a slippery slope. We just need to be patient and let this play out. Interesting, we get a WR commitment that same day the report came out.

I never saw anything in the article about WHEN these violation occurred. Was it during Pruitt’s entire tenure? Or just 2020 season?
The articles I've read all outline the timing. First payouts were in 2018, ran right through to 2020. Here's an example from the SI article:

Sports Illustrated said:
...18 separate allegations of blatant recruiting misconduct from Pruitt and his staff transpiring as early as September 2018, his 10th month on the job, and extending through the COVID-19 recruiting dead period of 2020.

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL

We show that we’ve done everything we can to be as transparent as possible to cooperate with the investigation and purged anyone and everyone who was involved . If they don’t understand that we tell them TFB and tell them what’s acceptable. The NCAA has never had less power than they do right now.

VN Store

Back