Glad It's Over

Glad this violations mess is over. Been enough looking back.
The PAST is gone - all of it. UT Vol Fans can move on. And if
the TV media starts it back up, bombard heavily.
You are dead wrong. It has just started. The Ncaa bullies are going to hammer UT. We are their whipping boys. They will hammer us just because they know that we will accept any judgment they throw at us and we will grovel just like we have done so many times before. UT has never had the balls to stand up to them and we will not do so now. Get set for the green weenie. somebody pass
the vaseline.

Glad this violations mess is over. Been enough looking back.
The PAST is gone - all of it. UT Vol Fans can move on. And if
the TV media starts it back up, bombard heavily.

T'aint over til the fat cats belch.

You are dead wrong. It has just started. The Ncaa bullies are going to hammer UT. We are their whipping boys. They will hammer us just because they know that we will accept any judgment they throw at us and we will grovel just like we have done so many times before. UT has never had the balls to stand up to them and we will not do so now. Get set for the green weenie. somebody pass
the vaseline.

UT played this right. The NCAA wording virtually assures a slap on the wrist.

the vaseline.

Bulls***

the vaseline.

All of this is wrong. We aren’t gonna get hammered at all.

Just skimmed an article by Pat Forde about aforementioned subject.. What a D-Bag. I'm sure I'm late to the party with this guy, but man... Set me off. Not linking his POS writing, but seems to have a personal vendetta. Not over yet, but certainly closer to where we all want our program to be... GBO

the vaseline.
I think it's not over either, but have a feeling this will end up being a "help me help you" type thing...NCAA lacks juice and we could have/should have told them to pound sand, other than we needed to get rid of Pruitt, so we took the high ground and backed off our signees last year. We'll face penalties, but I think NCAA wants to use us as positive example of doing the right thing and get off minimally...

Reactions: DonDiego
I suspect a response will be sent back in short order. We investigated, cleaned house, and self imposed scholarships. At that point, it would seem simple for the NCAA to accept that and consider the case closed with the possible exception of a show cause on Pruitt and other coaches. However, we all know the NCAA doesn't do anything the simple/easy way. Probably another couple of years before they reply.

Jeremy paid players that didn't even sign with us. LMAO that says it all.

A player said he was paid 60k to make an official visit to an SEC school just for the attention the school would get because of him being there. He had no intention of going there and the school paid. This was years ago in a non revenue sport.

Over?
It's not over till:
FatLady.gif
She does sorta resemble Pruitt's wife. After more than a few Big Macs.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckb1448
I think it's not over either, but have a feeling this will end up being a "help me help you" type thing...NCAA lacks juice and we could have/should have told them to pound sand, other than we needed to get rid of Pruitt, so we took the high ground and backed off our signees last year. We'll face penalties, but I think NCAA wants to use us as positive example of doing the right thing and get off minimally...
That would be an answer to my prayers, but, as I said I have followed ut since 1977 and every time UT went afoul of the rules the assholes came down on them like an avenging angel. If we would have put up any kind of defiance, like the Sark, We would have been better off.

the vaseline.
I’m pretty sure that if the NCAA tries to throw down some harsh, gratuitous penalties on us, that Danny White will tell the NCAA to f*** Right Off in the most eloquent way possible.

Reactions: Special Ed
I suspect a response will be sent back in short order. We investigated, cleaned house, and self imposed scholarships. At that point, it would seem simple for the NCAA to accept that and consider the case closed with the possible exception of a show cause on Pruitt and other coaches. However, we all know the NCAA doesn't do anything the simple/easy way. Probably another couple of years before they reply.

I think some of you guys must be smoking angel dust. If I am wrong I will gladly eat crow. It will taste much better than that greyhound bus that is coming down the road.

I think that Donde might see that we have a good thing going here and listen to our AD and lawyers.

Deep down in my heart, I think you are right

My brain on the other hand, disagrees. I just have a weird feeling in the back of my head that the NCAA is peeved about the "no power anymore" trope and are gonna overdo simply to show they can. What that would be or entail, I dunno but it's not gonna be good. Even worse, I think they will drag their feet and this will still be open in 2025.

Reactions: savannahfan
the vaseline.
Thems the facts.

VN Store

Back