Give me your hottest takes in life

You're taking a short-sighted view of this - there are going to be other new faces that come on the scene besides Mahomes, and they are going to be coming into a league that loves offense (particularly passing offense) and wants to make it as easy as possible to rack up lots of yards and points. I'm not talking about just the next 5 years...I mean more like the next 20+.

You did catch that the hot take was in the next 10 years, right?

When I was poor all I wanted was money. I learned about want vs. need when I was poor.

As soon as I had the wealth to do whatever I wanted, somehow the wants weren't as exciting and sexy, and had a problem spending money on "things". The value and desires were somehow less now that I could have anything.

I enjoy that my money means my family won't have to worry for generations, and my closest friends (4) will never have to worry too much as I helped them pay off mortgages and cars and put money aside for their children to go to school freeingup for them to save. This was the meaning of wealth, and it didn't really include my desires, which diminished, but, rather what it meant to those around me and my community.

I'm tighter with my money now, more than when I was young and dumb and had but a penny to my name.

14cc67e76b76028960668e5f9a32bb72--minions--minion-humor.jpg

They aren't terrible, but they are pretty overrated.

Most overrated bands of all time:
1. Jimmy Buffett (some will take issue with this, saying he isn't supposed to be taken all that seriously as a musician and it's more about his "vibe," but I still put him here)
2. The Beach Boys
3. The Eagles
4. Bob Dylan
5. The Grateful Dead
Hot take, your taste in music must really suck.

Farting in public should be as accepted as sneezing or coughing. It's just as natural a bodily thing even if it's coming from the other end. It shouldn't warrant extreme embarrassment. Unless it's a wet one.

You did catch that the hot take was in the next 10 years, right?
He said he "may not" be top 10 all time in 10 more years. He certainly is going to be even further from the top in the counting stats 10 years from now, and as I've been saying his legacy as a player lies predominately in the huge stats he put up, not wins in big games.

Hot take, your taste in music must really suck.
Notice I didn't say any of those bands were terrible or entirely undeserving of praise. I said they were overrated.

I think there's pretty good cases to be made for all of them:

#1 and #5 (especially #1) are famous primarily for their fan clubs and showmanship, not necessarily their musicianship. Jimmy Buffett isn't an incredible, or even very good, musician. Jerry Garcia was a good guitar player and had a unique sound, but he isn't on anybody's "greatest guitarists ever" lists.

#2's songs all sound exactly alike and are about the same thing. Extremely formulaic.

#3's music is very safe, bland, and vanilla.

#4 isn't a very good singer. Amazing songwriter that captured the general mood of the generation he was a part of (which is why he's so highly regarded), but not a good singer.

Last edited:
Dolly Parton is overrated and can't really sing.
Wouldn't disagree there either. She's famous for her appearance and overall bubbly, friendly personality more than anything else. She's kind of like a southern, old school Katy Perry, who also is not a good singer/musician.

Disclosure: these opinions are coming from a guy that if you asked me about almost any most famous musician/band, from any era, I'd probably say they're overrated. I really think there's only a select few that are worthy of their reputations.

I'm beginning to think many VN posters have no appreciation for musicality and how different groups and individuals progressed the music industry. The sounds of today were influenced by the sounds of yesterday.

I'm beginning to think many VN posters have no appreciation for musicality and how different groups and individuals progressed the music industry. The sounds of today were influenced by the sounds of yesterday.
Just because musicians today are influenced by previous musicians doesn't mean that some previous musicians can't be overrated.

Reactions: Pepe_Silvia
Wouldn't disagree there either. She's famous for her appearance and overall bubbly, friendly personality more than anything else. She's kind of like a southern, old school Katy Perry, who also is not a good singer/musician.

Disclosure: these opinions are coming from a guy that if you asked me about almost any most famous musician/band, from any era, I'd probably say they're overrated. I really think there's only a select few that are worthy of their reputations.

Well, fire up that list, buddy!

Reactions: VolFaninFla
They aren't terrible, but they are pretty overrated.

Most overrated bands of all time:
1. Jimmy Buffett (some will take issue with this, saying he isn't supposed to be taken all that seriously as a musician and it's more about his "vibe," but I still put him here)
2. The Beach Boys
3. The Eagles
4. Bob Dylan
5. The Grateful Dead
I completely disagree about the Eagles. Agree with the rest, and I would add Springsteen to the overrated list.

Well, fire up that list, buddy!
Ok - I'm going "big names worthy of their immense reputation" here, not underrated (that can be another list).

The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
The Clash
The Doors
Rush
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Nirvana
The Killers
2Pac
Eminem
Outkast
ZZ Top
The Allman Brothers
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Jimi Hendrix
David Bowie

There are more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Ok - I'm going "big names worthy of their immense reputation" here, not underrated (that can be another list).

The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
The Clash
The Doors
Rush
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Nirvana
The Killers
2Pac
Eminem