Give me 5 reasons why we will be better this year

Playing in a stadium with no social distancing restrictions is going to be a nice boost for the home team. That's not really specific to UT, but it's definitely specific to all the teams who play all their OOC games at home like we do (at least this year).

Speaking of home games... We get 4 OOC games at home, and USCe, Ole Miss, Georgia and Vandy at home. That's not a bad recipe for getting back to winning ball. I'd much rather be in this year for Heupel's year one, than be in the 'Bama/Florida home part of our cycle.

5 The locker room culture cannot get worse.
4 Harrison Bailey
3 All home games will be full capacity.
2 The O will not be dictated by the D.
1 We are not playing an all SEC Schedule.

1. We have Neyland back
2. We have good speed at receiver and presumably a coach that can use it
3. Lots of winnable games
4. I think Bailey will be an excellent quick distributor of the ball.
5. We still have Cade Mays

Reactions: OneVolNation
1) LB tandem of Juwan Mitchell and Jeremy Banks

2) WR tandem of Jalin Hyatt and Velus Jones

3) Deniko Slaughter and Trevon Flowers

4) offensive weapon tandem of Dee Beckwith and Jabari Small

5) QB tandem of Brian Maurer and Harrison Bailey

1) LB tandem of Juwan Mitchell and Jeremy Banks

2) WR tandem of Jalin Hyatt and Velus Jones

3) Deniko Slaughter and Trevon Flowers

4) offensive weapon tandem of Dee Beckwith and Jabari Small

5) QB tandem of Brian Maurer and Harrison Bailey
Ehhhh.. reset your expectations man.
1. Juwan Mitchell is not good. He’s a decent player and gets lost in space a lot.. but he should play

2. Wrs should be fun
3. Slaughter is not better than Jaylen or tamarion McDonald ( who in my eyes if even better than McCollough)
4. Lower expectations on Dee. Bump Jaylen Wright ( will be out best offensive player) takes one look to see that for anyone who understand football
5. We are not having a tandem system again. I hope that’s a joke

Reactions: Jaws
Five reasons we will be better? Better yet let's ask posters to give us winning lottery numbers. This season and Josh Heupel are a wild card. Don't think his success at UCF will carry over to UT, I hope it does but right now when we hired UCF's AD I knew who our HC would be and while I hope he succeeds I frankly don't see it and I hope I'm wrong, please prove me wrong,,,, I have plenty of blue cheese for the crow.

I hate to say this but we have one distinction no other school can say is we have the ugliest coach in the SEC. Looks like a weasel to me. But will say this I'd take him over Kiffin any day Wife and sister in law thought he was cute but sister in law is a bama fan. Seriously considering divorcing the wife... FWIW

Ehhhh.. reset your expectations man.
1. Juwan Mitchell is not good. He’s a decent player and gets lost in space a lot.. but he should play

2. Wrs should be fun
3. Slaughter is not better than Jaylen or tamarion McDonald ( who in my eyes if even better than McCollough)
4. Lower expectations on Dee. Bump Jaylen Wright ( will be out best offensive player) takes one look to see that for anyone who understand football
5. We are not having a tandem system again. I hope that’s a joke
Agree about QB tandem. That was just me having some fun.

1) You're just saying that about Mitchell because you heard it from someone else and you want to be negative anyway. Thats super Lame dude..

3) Slaughter lined up at S, NB, and CB at times last year. Don't really care what you think about that.

4) Lower expectations on Dee Beckwith haha!
He ran the ball downhill. He ran to the outside and got the corner. He lined up in the slot and caught a pass a WR. He's probably the most versatile guy on the team. But for some reason he's just going to suck, right?

Agree about QB tandem. That was just me having some fun.

1) You're just saying that about Mitchell because you heard it from someone else and you want to be negative anyway. Thats super Lame dude..

3) Slaughter lined up at S, NB, and CB at times last year. Don't really care what you think about that.

4) Lower expectations on Dee Beckwith haha!
He ran the ball downhill. He ran to the outside and got the corner. He lined up in the slot and caught a pass a WR. He's probably the most versatile guy on the team. But for some reason he's just going to suck, right?
Bro I watch every Texas game.. look at the name dude

2. Slaughter is good and fun.. but isn’t better than either of the guys I mentioned

3. Said lower expectations not hate the guy lol. Expect Jaylen Wright to lead that backfield in yards

1. College football is an offensive game, and now we have an offensive minded coach. I think fans are underestimating what a good offense can do for a team as a whole. Ole Miss won 5 SEC games last year with only 1 team in the entire country having a worse defense.

2. Young players have the opportunity to gain valuable reps in cupcake games which we did not have last year.

3. Defensive depth is relatively good everywhere besides LB. Henry was not as big of a loss as everyone thinks, as he was one of the lowest graded starters last year so I don't expect much of a drop off in LB play.

4. Defensive line is deep and has the best coach in the country coaching them.

5. Key teams on the schedule will be worse( mainly Florida). Emory Jones is not good and Florida does not have the OL to control the game on the ground. Missouri is no where close to us no matter who wants to hype them up this offseason. Pitt lost two DL within the first three rounds of the draft, both starting safeties, and a starting corner off of a defense that carried that team.

Reactions: MAD and DuckInAPen
In this order:
Our S&C coach is sooooo much better
Better OL coach
Better DL coach
Less complicated offensive scheme
HB has another year under his belt
Make that OL & DL coaches are sooooooo much better. Our OL’s are about to improve tenfold.

HB has a year under his belt. Now has a QB guru to coach him up.

Hendon Hooker has P5 starting experience in a system similar to this…has played very very good in it…the offensive talent around him here is much much better than at VaTech.

Make that OL & DL coaches are sooooooo much better. Our OL’s are about to improve tenfold.

HB has a year under his belt. Now has a QB guru to coach him up.

Hendon Hooker has P5 starting experience in a system similar to this…has played very very good in it…the offensive talent around him here is much much better than at VaTech.

Good points. Don’t forget Milton! I have a hard time of any of those guys sit, but it’s gonna happen.

It’s going to be another dismal season for the vowels, UT has so very little talent.
Rebuilding UT may take many years in this current environment

5 reasons we will be better.
No Jeremy ( worthless Pruitt)
No more ( washed up worthless coordinators)
No more ( PhillipFulmer) hiring worthless coaches and getting others fired by his backstabbing ways.
Most important reason we will be successful is Danny White AD

VN Store

Back